RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• how often do the 3080's get sent in at the Micro Center in Tustin CA? Or is it just completely random? And how big and when do people usually start to line up? I plan on going a few hours before opening hours, but I feel like there will be a hella long line.
    Its very random, I am waiting for availability too, started my build in early September, I just don't have the back, knees, ankles, bladder, or bowels to wait in front of the store for hours, so I will try again in February.
  • @Tone what time of day was it was it when the best buy refresh method worked?
  • Does anyone know if the Sharonville Micro Center is getting any 3080’s, or when their shipments are?  Thanks. 
  • anyone know if the Brooklyn MicroCenter gets regular shipments of 3080 cards?...which days?...do I need to get there a few hours before opening?...Thanks for any help
  • I scored a 3080 at the Sharonville store today, my 4th morning trip there since December 28th and thought I'd share how it all went down.  I arrived at 8:30am not imagining the line would be so short so decided to give it a try and waited until opening at 10:00am.  Guys ahead of me had arrived at 4:00am (2), 5;30am(2) and the other 3 at ???. Unlike my previous trips, a printed list of the day's availability was posted on a window about 20 minutes before opening so we all could look and see what was available. That REALLY helped a lot so when my turn came up, I had my first, second and third choices figured out before being called...my first choice was still available which shocked me! Surprisingly there were 7-3080's, 8-3070's, 8-3090's and 1-RX 6900 XT available. The store manager explained the claiming process which is designed to stop scalpers.  He then started having guys come in one at a time and even though I was 8th in line, I still got a 3080!!! Thanks to whoever ahead of me opted for a 3070.  One of the guys in line said a friend of his had stopped at the store the night before and was told there would be some cards available BUT no hint as to which ones or how many would be available. The staff cannot/will not share in advance what might be available any given day, they don't actually know until shipments arrive each day anyway. And the only way to get any idea how it works or what may be available (with no details) is to personally visit the store. I tried email and chats and got boilerplate answers that no info was available except by personal visits to the store. Good luck folks, hope you all have as much luck as we did in Sharonville today!  :)  
  • What do you think the odds are that Sharonville has 3080s tomorrow?  They had 7 Tuesday and 8 today but I didn’t go either day RIP...
  • Got a 3080 today!  Woo!  Good luck all!
  • @Bard1988 Congrats! I guess the odds were high for today! Good to see more stock coming in.
  • Seanj
    Seanj
    First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Out of curiosity, what's the best method to grab a 30 series card? I went into Tustin today, around 11 am, and there wasn't any in stock.
    A rep told me to just check every morning at opening and told me there wasn't any fixed delivery schedule to rely on. Checking the website just now, there are RX6800s in stock, which wasn't available when I checked in person (unless they don't include them in the glass cabinets or I somehow missed them). So I'm assuming shipments come sometime mid day?
    Can anyone offer any advice on best method to go about checking?
    It's a bit of a drive, and I cant really sit outside the store an hour before opening for multiple days in a row, due to work.

If anyone knows what time people start queuing up, that'd be great. Might just take a sick day next week and hope for the best.
  • Bard1988
    Bard1988 ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 2021
    @Seanj it’s very random.  I waited in line twice this week.  Wednesday I waited from 30 mins till open, line wasn’t too long, but no 3080s.   Today, I waited an hour, was like 12th in line and they had 16 of each card but the 3090.  It’s luck of the draw, but stock does seem to be flowing more.  They had 3080s in Sharonville, OH at least 3 days this week, but you have to queue up before open.  I get the work struggle.  I happened to be off this week, so I was able to go a couple of times, but usually I can’t go early either.  Keep trying when you can.  You’ll get one.  I don’t know how it is at your store, but here, they told me Tuesday through Saturday are the best mornings to come.  I would guess if you go on a Saturday you would want to go early, since a lot of people probably have the same idea.  I hope that helps, and happy hunting.  Keep holding on to hope!  I didn’t think I would ever get one and today just happened to be a good day to go.  You’ll get yours!  
  • At the Sharonville store today at opening they announced 16 3090's, 12 3080's (or 12 3090's and 16 3080's, I couldn't remember for sure the breakdown) plus their website stock showed 50+ 3070's in stock! There were about 40 people in line...maybe things are getting better but the staff was still very guarded about when and how many would be available on any given day. The availability sheet for Wednesday Jan 27 was still on the front window and it showed 3 3090's, 1 3080 and quite a few 3070 and 3060 cards. Just an FYI for folks in the Cincinnati/Sharonville area. The 6000 series of AMD cards are available in stock (6800, 6800XT and 6900XT).  
  • Duluth, GA line forming yet? I am shooting for 8 AM,
  • Anyone have an idea of whether Parkville, MD has anything (RTX 3000 series) today? I'm about 30 mins away and don't want to drive up for no reason. They've been in stock recently, but it's still a long drive to just hope for the best.
  • I've been going in here and there to Fairfax. I think I just missed a 3090 yesterday, as the site said one was in store, but it was 11AM and sold. I was told 2 came in yesterday.

I've heard going at 7AM is the right move, but they're not open until 10. I went by at 8AM today but it's of course not open.

For those in Fairfax, should I just be lined up for the open at 10AM, or does someone come out at say 7AM and take a list of names? Looking to get a hold of an EVGA (preferably) 3090, though a 3080 is fine, too.

• Anyone has try luck on Yonkers NY? I'm planning to go there early around 5.for a rtx 3080
  • This is the closest store to me so I am interested on how things are going there. I would have to take off work to try to get a card so I'm trying to get as much info as I can before making the trek.

Have there been people lined up every time you've gone? I assume there are still lines every day, just wonder how long they still are.

If anyone can share any info about the Fairfax location it would be appreciated. Good luck to those on the hunt.

• steeveebee
    edited February 2021

John I have not gone at 7AM yet. Just 830 yesterday; there may have been a code on the door but there's so many signs and papers at the door so a QR code was not prominent, so I left after a minute when no one came up I left and went to work. I'd have to take off work for an 10AM open, but just get up early for a 7AM queue.

I hear stories of regulars who leave empty chairs out overnight and drive up at 0645 claiming they're first in line. I hope the store is clamping down on that and treating it as first come first serve.

• Just move their chairs out into the parking lot.
  • I went to Yonkers today at 4:30 am. I was first on line (it was snowing so maybe that's why people don't show up) and when it was about 7am one employee told us that there were not going to be a truck for today Thursday. So I'll try tomorrow morning
  • can anyone speak to the experience/system at the st. davids pa location?

• Closest store here as well. Was considering going, but I have a class right when it opens. Anyone know if you do show up at 7am, will you basically just have to wait in line until 10am? Or will you have the ability to get a ticket / buy it then? More than willing to camp out as early as I need on a day that they have a restock (or even head over there just at 7am to check every morning when I'm out).

If anyone has any info on any of this for the store in Fairfax (or how it has worked in a different store) please let me know!

• What a crazy day but i got my 3080 at Yonkers NY! I was first on the lane (4:30am) and then at 10 the manager told us that they're waiting for the truck that was going to be split between Brooklyn first and then Yonkers. And they're going to let us know at 1pm. So I came back at 1pm and there were like 50 people on the list. I was the first one so I got to choose between all the cards. There were like 4 of each. So totally worth it tho. 
  • i noticed none of the inventory was posted on the inventory webpage at either Brooklyn or Yonkers location.i know this because i was spamming to refresh the page often.what is the reason for this?do i have to go to the store and ask for the products and also what is the frequency of restocking.i plan to go to tomorrow to the Yonkers location and check.can i still add my name to a list for a future purchase of a 3080 card.i have to work during the day so i would have to take a day off to only hope i pick the right day?last week the inventory of the flushing location was posted.

• Depends on the individual store. Most locations, you have to be there when the stock arrives. There is no waiting list or pre-order option, so if you have a job that conflicts with their store hours...find someone to wait for you? This isn't a modern shopping experience. This is very much 80s/90s beanie baby/cabbage patch kid shopping. You go and you wait or you get nothing.
  • ya i went today.got there at 7 am i was 1st in line.when the store opened had no 3070,3080 or 3090 cards only 3 6800xt.so i bought a powercolor 6800xt i hope its worth the price i paid for performance.yes i remember the 80/90s shopping experiance.people would wait outside the store for days especially around Christmas

• I live in Atlanta Georgia and was able to get a 3070 last week at the Marietta store.  They handed out the vouchers around 6am.  Don't know if that's how they do it every week but that's how it was last Wednesday.
  • steelaw
    steelaw ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Ya here in nyc so different.the manager and employees won't tell you nothing as they are coming to work in the morning. They see you waiting outside the store before opening. Once the store opened the manager had everybody line up and follow him back to where the graphics cards are and see one person at a time so it's kinda orderly.no 3080 that day.i did manage to get powercolor red devil 6800xt. I might return it because it was $1, 159 way too expensive. I don't know if they can justify the price of a card. To me it just seems an insanely markup.
  • I plan on going to Sharonville Microcenter this weekend with the family. Really need any newer graphics card.....3070....3080....6800...or 6800xt as long as it is not overpriced. Is Saturday a better day for a chance to get one or Sunday? I got about a 3 hour drive to get there.
    Thank you in advance!
  • It all depends on if the store gets a shipment.if it does you have to line up in front of the store hours before it opens to just have a chance of getting a card and the cards sellout in under a hour.so if someone wants a card have to get to the store early otherwise don't even bother

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99