A Hands-On Review of the DeepCool LT720 AIO

Options
This discussion has a more recent version.

Written by @Rye_Bread

DeepCool’s LT lineup, including the LT520 and LT720, are an update to their popular LS line of AIOs. DeepCool is well known for providing quality, performance, and style at very reasonable prices and their LT coolers are no exception. I personally opted for the LT720 360mm in my newest build as many third-party benchmarks put its performance right up there with the best. but I will admit what drew me toward it was the pump block on the LT lineup.

Before settling on the LT720, I was a little stumped in choosing between the LS and LT line, as I love the looks of both. I noticed that in most benchmarks the LT series performs a little better thermally in comparison to their LS cousins. I reached out to DeepCool, and they confirmed my suspicions: the FK120 fans that are included with the LT models slightly outperform the FC120 fans that come with the LS ones. However, it is worth noting, the FC120 fans allow for ARGB. Otherwise, they use the exact same pump and radiator design, so you’d get the same performance out of an LS520 or LS720 as their LT counterparts if you just swap the fans, if you’re so inclined. I went with the LT720 for the slight performance boost to keep my i9-13900k cool.

My installation of the LT720 went very smoothly. It’s definitely a little easier than other AIOs in my opinion. Everything was neatly organized by socket type making picking out the parts I needed a breeze. The screws and brackets attach to the pump magnetically making it a lot easier to get everything neatly together. For those of us that stress about smudging the pre-applied thermal paste it certainly made me worry a little less knowing I didn’t have to go through any weird balancing act to get everything lined up properly. The included fans have daisy chain cables that all connect to one CPU Fan header and the pump has both an ARGB and a pump connector, which is pretty standard fare but done well. Speaking of the pump, the cube-shaped cover slots in and is secured to the pump itself magnetically so you can easily remove it and reattach it to make installation easier.

I’ve only had it running for a few weeks now, so I can’t speak to long-term performance, but holy cow this thing is BEAUTIFUL and it keeps my high-end processor running cool! It synchronizes perfectly with my motherboard’s RGB software, and the infinity mirrors add to the effect. I am so unbelievably happy with my decision to go with this AIO, and I can confidently also recommend the LT520. The noise level is definitely an improvement from the cooler I had in my previous system. There is no whining or obtuse noise other than the tame whir of the fans. I haven’t noticed any thermal throttling with my 13900K, though it is worth noting that I am enforcing a wattage limit of 253W for PL1 and PL2*. DeepCool did another fantastic job with this one.

I do also want to highlight their customer support for getting back to me within a day and giving me a solid answer to my question regarding the differences between the LT and LS lineups.

If you’re looking for a gorgeous and high-performance AIO, the LT520 and LT720 are perfect options and fall in at a very respectable price range. I cannot recommend them enough. I’ve attached a few pictures of my rig while building it, pardon the lack of cable management while I took pictures. Feel free to @ me or reply if you have any specific questions about these AIOs!

*Many motherboards come stock with settings that will max out the wattage and clock speed, which results in higher performance but a major increase in thermals and a loss in efficiency. My MSI board, for example, came with “Enhanced Turbo” enabled and both power limits set to 4096 watts. It’s also known as "multi-core enhancement” on some boards. I’d highly recommend disabling this feature and manually setting the wattage to Intel’s limits if you want to keep your temperatures low. You can always adjust from there if need be.

More from the Micro Center Community:

Looking for more information about Building a PC? We’ve got PC Build Guides as well as articles on How to Choose Parts for you Custom PC BuildProduct Reviews, and Part Comparisons. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to post a new discussion and the Community will be happy to help!

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99