RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• SikSol
    Options
    No FE cards, unlikely to have higher end AIB cards just base models.... eh maybe I'll just be trying my luck with online ordering.
  • AntzC
    Options
    Where do we go in microcenter? Will the gpus all be on shelves for all of us to pickup on our own or do we have to go directly to the checkout area to buy them? How do these vouchers work exactly?
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    CragBran said:
    Any Michigan peeps in here or am in this alone.
    Michigan here! I am hoping folks don't plan on camping in MH, but I will be getting there around 8am. 
    you honestly think getting to MC two hours before the store opens will be enough? the line will probably wrap around the building by then
  • cucuchu
    Options
    AntzC said:
    Where do we go in microcenter? Will the gpus all be on shelves for all of us to pickup on our own or do we have to go directly to the checkout area to buy them? How do these vouchers work exactly?
    It was said that these things will all be handled on a store by store basis. Maybe people can call their local stores and let us know what they say. Hopefully people don't spread misinformation though   :/
  • BillCafe
    Options
    Ima grab base model of whatever i can find can always sell it on ebay or return it when higher end model comes out. 
  • CobraKai
    Options
    I am going up to the store tomorrow surely they'll know something by then. If not I ain't going to show up and get a lower end card ill just wait till they get better stock and I can just walk in and buy one.
  • AntzC
    Options
    I tried calling my local store but it just routes to corporate. Unrelated news called my local bestbuy which doesn't expect stock for two weeks post release.

• shinfo44
    Options
    You're discouraging a line but don't have any other information to offer than what's on the FAQ. This is going to be a mess.
    i say comply with CDC guidelines, wear a face mask, and stand more than six feet from other people in line?
    Honestly, this is the best answer. They are obviously going to discourage people from lining up because they don't want to be like "yeah sure! line up!" then a bunch of people unknowingly get infected with COVID-19. I just hope everyone is smart, wears a mask, washes their freaking hands, and stays 6 feet away from each other.

• cucuchu
    Options
    AntzC said:
    I tried calling my local store but it just routes to corporate. Unrelated news called my local bestbuy which doesn't expect stock for two weeks post release.

Same boat...no idea how to get a hold of local MC stores. I'll be checking the Rockville one tomorrow in person when I go to pick up my PSU and will update. And to your second point with BB, I'm pretty sure its online only and no stock in stores but there has been conflicting information there.
  • Ichthus said:
    elcid_777 said:
    rem1x said:
    Junkie said:
    Yeah I understand the whole problem with people like me, and I agree to an extent its getting out of hand, but this is what MicroCenter told me to do. Besides I got time to waste. I do hope those who come in the morning are able to get a card, however, someone at the Tustin store told me there are only going to have 10 cards total...
    10!?! Oh my god... well there goes my chance of getting one at Micro Center. Ughh
    Lmao...he's obviously saying this bs so less people show up. 
    I think ya'll are way overestimating how many cards MC will have. They might be lucky to get 20-30.  Were any of you around for the 10 or 20 series releases? Launch day stock was insanely small and they sold out INSTANTLY. Even if NVIDIA opted for the "better" Samsung process for their chips to get more reliable yields, that doesn't magically mean hundreds are going to be available day one. 

I think a lot of you are going to be leaving empty handed at this rate. Stock on launch day is always ultra-limited and there's nothing you, or they, can do about it. 
    Imagine believing its the yield rate and not Nvidia artificially limiting initial stock, inflating demand to drive margins up..
  • sgreen
    Options
    Anyone want to link up at the Madison Heights location?
    I'll be there if you're down! What time you showing up?

• YoshiMoshi
    Options
    anyone going to Cambridge Massachusetts?
  • Ghukek
    Options
    My brother-in-law and I are going, would be happy to meet up if you want.
  • Shibumi
    Options
    Anyone going to the bridgeton Missouri store?
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Going to Cambridge as well!
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I'm not really sure what to expect; I feel a lot of people will try for online fruitlessly, or wait for reviews that are more solid, so I can discount a good number of them. Recent reviews of Tustin MC discourage me more and imply I should get there sooner as the other fellow said, like, midnight. IF it's wrapping round the building on normal days, well.. OC is a dense place. 
    I guess I'll make the decision over this next day, and then prep on the 16th for whatever we decide on. IF anyone is sure they'll be there late, then perhaps we can play some games or something. I have Roma and 7 Wonders 1v1 version, plus some others I think somewhere... Roma at least is really cool. 

I'm not one to stare at my phone for very long so I will have to figure something out to be there an extended period, maybe just books or something. I ain't doing coursework on a microcenter trip, tho. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-officially-unveils-the-GeForce-RTX-2000-series-gaming-GPUs.323828.0.html
    deja vu
    anyone have sources on how micro center and other places got their 20 series stock?
  • CobraKai said:
    Anyone camping out, two things, I hope you don't have to take a sh** and have to leave to go do it, and the other thing is your freaking crazy, never camped out and got the latest two releases, 1080ti and 2080ti just going day of couple hours earlier.  If you camp out, remember you need a friend and your crazy cause nothing is worth waiting overnight even with a tent. Please don't bring cash and wait either in your car or tent either there are those who like to prey on people like this. 
    A bit late in my response but you can be productive while camping. I run a division with teams working both day and night, so I can work very closely with them while waiting for the RTX 3090~
  • Junkie
    Options
    Felicity said:
    I'm not really sure what to expect; I feel a lot of people will try for online fruitlessly, or wait for reviews that are more solid, so I can discount a good number of them. Recent reviews of Tustin MC discourage me more and imply I should get there sooner as the other fellow said, like, midnight. IF it's wrapping round the building on normal days, well.. OC is a dense place. 
    I guess I'll make the decision over this next day, and then prep on the 16th for whatever we decide on. IF anyone is sure they'll be there late, then perhaps we can play some games or something. I have Roma and 7 Wonders 1v1 version, plus some others I think somewhere... Roma at least is really cool. 

I'm not one to stare at my phone for very long so I will have to figure something out to be there an extended period, maybe just books or something. I ain't doing coursework on a microcenter trip, tho. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-officially-unveils-the-GeForce-RTX-2000-series-gaming-GPUs.323828.0.html
    deja vu
    anyone have sources on how micro center and other places got their 20 series stock?
    I'll join ya as tomorrow morning I'm camping out lol
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Are you doing 3080 or 3090? I'll be doing 3090. What time you plan on getting there?
  • Stitchless
    Options
    Just a PSA for those who will be camping out while they wait.  As we move into fall, please be sure to dress accordingly and wear layers.  Can't be too careful during COVID-19.
    ^ ^, Good luck everybody!
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Just a PSA for those who will be camping out while they wait.  As we move into fall, please be sure to dress accordingly and wear layers.  Can't be too careful during COVID-19.
    ^ ^, Good luck everybody!
    I might bring a tent
  • racer
    Options
    Anyone planning to camp outside the PA store for 3090?
  • elcid_777
    Options
    Felicity said:

deja vu

same here. i saw a picture someone took from the tustin store on the day the 3900x released last year. There was a line of about 30 people, outside. However, we must take into consideration that this cpu was released on a Sunday and pre-Covid era. The world was different, no restrictions or regulations, no fears of a supposed pandemic, etc. I expect there to be a good turn out, but perhaps the current crisis and the fact that it's also releasing during a weekday will "lessen" the craziness. Of course I may be wrong and we show up and there's a snake line wrapping around the building but I highly doubt it. yes the OC is densely populated, but this isn't anticipated by the masses at like a ps5 launch would, we have to remember PC gaming on the enthusiast level is a niche market, and those who are willing to drop $800 on a gpu are far and few, and very niche. This makes me a bit more optimistic that it won't be a total shit show.
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    Felicity said:

deja vu

same here. i saw a picture someone took from the tustin store on the day the 3900x released last year. There was a line of about 30 people, outside. However, we must take into consideration that this cpu was released on a Sunday and pre-Covid era. The world was different, no restrictions or regulations, no fears of a supposed pandemic, etc. I expect there to be a good turn out, but perhaps the current crisis and the fact that it's also releasing during a weekday will "lessen" the craziness. Of course I may be wrong and we show up and there's a snake line wrapping around the building but I highly doubt it. yes the OC is densely populated, but this isn't anticipated by the masses at like a ps5 launch would, we have to remember PC gaming on the enthusiast level is a niche market, and those who are willing to drop $800 on a gpu are far and few, and very niche. This makes me a bit more optimistic that it won't be a total shit show.

Lol this?
  • Junkie
    Options
    The above picture scared me, I don't know why lol
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Junkie said:
    I headed from others that there's already people waiting outside of a MC for 3080, like the PS3 launch, some people wait a couple of days haha.
  • cucuchu
    Options
    Junkie said:
    I headed from others that there's already people waiting outside of a MC for 3080, like the PS3 launch, some people wait a couple of days haha.
    Which MC? That sounds like someone might be messing with you. I guess its slightly possible someone might have the ability to do this but I have my doubts. If we were talking the PS5 launch, yeah, but a $750-$1000 GPU...I dunno. Its extreme overkill unless stock is in the single digits and even then they could just as easily just get in line midnight tomorrow and likely be among the first there.
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    cucuchu said:
    Junkie said:
    Which MC? That sounds like someone might be messing with you. I guess its slightly possible someone might have the ability to do this but I have my doubts. If we were talking the PS5 launch, yeah, but a $750-$1000 GPU...I dunno. Its extreme overkill unless stock is in the single digits and even then they could just as easily just get in line midnight tomorrow and likely be among the first there.
    They didn't day, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's true
  • Juliann6
    Options
    Anyone camping at the flushing location in new york? 
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Junkie said:
    That's freaking ridiculous. smh. Like damn, we all want the gpu, but i'm not about to camp at the location 2 days in advanced...especially with the current times we're living. I'm hearing that a local best buy around here might have in store stock of the FE edition, so if that's the case.....forget micro center. I'm 5 minutes from BB, 60 miles from micro center. it also doesn't help that micro centers locations are far and between. I can't believe there's only one micro center for the entire state of california and unfortunately it's located in the OC so us inland folks have a ways to drive to get to it. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99