RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• I called Tustin today and was told they have no plans on how to handle the launch yet so I guess I'll just drive over tomorrow after class and see how the line looks.  Hopefully they'll tell us if there are more people than cards.
  • Anyone going to be at the Dallas location?
    I am!, still trying to figure out what time to arrive. Tried calling today for more info, couldnt't get anyone on the phone so I texted the store. Hopefully they get a decent amount in! 
  • BB employees at the store near me said online only. I asked in multiple ways and multiple times they told me online only, after a few months they'll have in store available

Is anyone brining a tent?
  • BB employees at the store near me said online only. I asked in multiple ways and multiple times they told me online only, after a few months they'll have in store available

I guess it depends on the store location. The one in my area is well stocked with PC parts and they do have GPU's in stock as well. the reports are conflicting, but I think it's based on the store. My store is claiming they will have limited in store stock of the FE.
  • elcid_777 said:
    BB employees at the store near me said online only. I asked in multiple ways and multiple times they told me online only, after a few months they'll have in store available

I guess it depends on the store location. The one in my area is well stocked with PC parts and they do have GPU's in stock as well. the reports are conflicting, but I think it's based on the store. My store is claiming they will have limited in store stock of the FE.
    Lucky guy, I'd rather have FE, smaller PCB, take up less space in my case. I'm putting a WB on mine
  • I called Tustin today and was told they have no plans on how to handle the launch yet so I guess I'll just drive over tomorrow after class and see how the line looks.  Hopefully they'll tell us if there are more people than cards.
    Appreciate this. Please, let us know if there is already as line, if there is, the 3080 can wait for now. Not about to drive so far to experience such disappointment...or rage rather. 
  • elcid_777 said:
    I called Tustin today and was told they have no plans on how to handle the launch yet so I guess I'll just drive over tomorrow after class and see how the line looks.  Hopefully they'll tell us if there are more people than cards.
    Appreciate this. Please, let us know if there is already as line, if there is, the 3080 can wait for now. Not about to drive so far to experience such disappointment...or rage rather. 
    There might already be one now, as we speak lol, I wouldn't put it past people
  • Are there people already lining up at the microcenter in tustin?! Im never going to get one...
  • Will the founders edition cards be available on launch day or is that ordering from Nvidia only?
  • CYCLONEV6 said:
    Will the founders edition cards be available on launch day or is that ordering from Nvidia only?
    Currently the word from MC is they will not be carrying the FE cards.  It can be found earlier in this thread.
  • AntzC said:
    I'll be trying my luck at the Patterson location in New Jersey, after my work shift. I have this feeling that when I pull up to the parking lot it will either be empty or there will be like 20 people there already. No in between lol. I'm debating with myself what to do in the latter scenario. If there are already, at least, ten people there it doesn't seem worth it to wait like 6-7 hours in line to leave empty handed.

You think the Paterson location will only have 10 in stock? Doesn't that seem kinda low and what time were you thinking of going 3am?

ahh im gonna try and go at 7 am at the paterson store, i think 3 am is a bit overkill haha. have you checked if you are even allowed to campout with the store?
  • Based on looking on Amazon's page the 3080s that are releasing the higher end 3080s like Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus are not being sold on release day, only the lower tier 3080s will be probably in stock at Microcenter, because based on NewEgg and Amazon what cards they are already listing. Again like I said I am going up to my local MC store tomorrow and will update here what I find out, I have two employees that I know very well and they will let me know.
  • bbnn said:
    AntzC said:
    I'll be trying my luck at the Patterson location in New Jersey, after my work shift. I have this feeling that when I pull up to the parking lot it will either be empty or there will be like 20 people there already. No in between lol. I'm debating with myself what to do in the latter scenario. If there are already, at least, ten people there it doesn't seem worth it to wait like 6-7 hours in line to leave empty handed.

You think the Paterson location will only have 10 in stock? Doesn't that seem kinda low and what time were you thinking of going 3am?

ahh im gonna try and go at 7 am at the paterson store, i think 3 am is a bit overkill haha. have you checked if you are even allowed to campout with the store?
    If the what people are saying is true, if you get there at 3 AM, you'll be out of lucky, especially at 7, you'll be out of luck, especially if there are already people in line
    CobraKai said:
    Based on looking on Amazon's page the 3080s that are releasing the higher end 3080s like Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus are not being sold on release day, only the lower tier 3080s will be probably in stock at Microcenter, because based on NewEgg and Amazon what cards they are already listing. Again like I said I am going up to my local MC store tomorrow and will update here what I find out, I have two employees that I know very well and they will let me know.

Don't worry about getting a high end one. Just get the cheapest one, and put a waterblock on it. I have a really thick radiator and can overclock the card much higher than any air cooler.
  • bbnn said:
    AntzC said:

If the what people are saying is true, if you get there at 3 AM, you'll be out of lucky, especially at 7, you'll be out of luck, especially if there are already people in line
    CobraKai said:
    Based on looking on Amazon's page the 3080s that are releasing the higher end 3080s like Asus Strix and Gigabyte Aorus are not being sold on release day, only the lower tier 3080s will be probably in stock at Microcenter, because based on NewEgg and Amazon what cards they are already listing. Again like I said I am going up to my local MC store tomorrow and will update here what I find out, I have two employees that I know very well and they will let me know.

Don't worry about getting a high end one. Just get the cheapest one, and put a waterblock on it. I have a really thick radiator and can overclock the card much higher than any air cooler.
    You should be fine unless you're going to the only microcenter in California. Then you're in trouble.
  • Hopefully stock gets posted tomorrow night on microcenter.
  • Is showing up around the time the store opens a bad idea?

• bbnn said:
    AntzC said:

I think they're talking about a different store... sure hope so at least
  • it would be nice to see what models they will have instock since they wont be getting the Fe cards which models will they have? 
  • Motox20
    Motox20
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    CragBran said:
    Any Michigan peeps in here or am in this alone.
    Michigan here! I am hoping folks don't plan on camping in MH, but I will be getting there around 8am. 
    Michigan here too, I'm planning on being there around 6am, I'm about 20 minutes from MH store so if I don't get anything it won't feel like a total waste. Though I'm still deciding if I'm going to actually buy a 3080 or wait to see what happens with AMD, so I may pull out last minute and you won't have to worry about me taking one from you guys.

• I'll be going to Cambridge for Thursday. Hit me up in a message if you'll be waiting too! =) 
  • tli said:
    Is showing up around the time the store opens a bad idea?

I'm not trying to overhype like some people are here, but it is most certainly a bad idea if you want whatever card it is you are after on launch day. There is just no way you will get one if you get there at open, there will be people there already waiting from much earlier that morning.
  • brianp716 said:
    I'll be going to Cambridge for Thursday. Hit me up in a message if you'll be waiting too! =) 

Me as well, except I'll be doing 3090
  • I'll be at the cincy store just trying to get any version of the 3080
  • Sharkbait said:
    I'll be at the cincy store just trying to get any version of the 3080
    Is that the store that already has people lined up outside as we speak?
  • I'm hoping to get one from the Mayfield heights store in Ohio on release day, not sure what time to get there. Hoping lines don't form too early. 
  • Patches said:
    I'm hoping to get one from the Mayfield heights store in Ohio on release day, not sure what time to get there. Hoping lines don't form too early. 
    80 or 90?
  • Patches said:
    I'm hoping to get one from the Mayfield heights store in Ohio on release day, not sure what time to get there. Hoping lines don't form too early. 
    80 or 90?
    I have a feeling the demand will be higher for this week's launch (3080) than the 3090 but we'll see. I plan on being there pretty damn early but haven't decided for which one.
  • Patches said:
    80 or 90?
    3080, hoping for something like an MSI ventus
  • Patches said:

Yea I'll be going to the Mayfield location as well. Not to sure how early yet.
  • Skeebo said:
    Patches said:

Yea I'll be going to the Mayfield location as well. Not to sure how early yet.
    PAAAAANNNNIIICCCC
    Just kidding, I'm planning on getting there early but nothing night before. Hope they have enough stock for all of us.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99