AMD RX 6000 Series/Big Navi Keynote Launch Discussion & FAQ (updated)

Options

Comments

• BIGDADDY
    Options
    Mayfield 43 in line
  • Wamanasha
    Options
    Here's to a hail Mary and hundreds of cards appearing (again)
  • zaj
    Options
    Anyone know how the St. Louis Park Minnesota area is?
  • zaj
    Options
    Anyone know how the St. Louis Park Minnesota area is?
  • Flash
    Options
    Just checked out the Cambridge location at 6am, about 30 people in line. For those who have dealt with launches in the past, how long did it take y'all to eventually get the GPU/CPU you wanted? I'm wondering when I can casually visit a website and these new 6800s or even the nVidia cards will be available. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift so if I probably wont get it by then then I'll need to switch gears and get something else.
  • About 100 people in line at Houston TX. We're hoping they just tell us how many they have so we don't have to wait in the cold.
  • Atlee
    Options
    Here's to Westmont being flooded before any real chance
  • godhead7
    Options
    Hmz17 said:
    Anyone in line at Brooklyn / NYC? How many people are there? 
    supposedly only 1 XT and 10 6800s at the Brooklyn store.  In the discord, there were 20 people there last night before 9

• EddyEd
    Options
    How's flushing New York look like?
  • Serpo33
    Options
    Less than 2 XT at Mayfield location and maybe 16 6800 cards. If not less. Over 60 in line. 
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    About 100 people in line at Houston TX. We're hoping they just tell us how many they have so we don't have to wait in the cold.
    Someone commented last night that the manager told everyone there were only 10 cards at our Dallas location.
    Alzate said:
    don't waist your time at dallas. manager came out and said they only gonna have 10 cards total!! so everyone except the first 10 left

Hopefully, we received more this morning!

• Jori
    Options
    I dont understand why a store that sells cutting edge technology cant figure out a way to do this without people waiting in line outside for days.  I am all for in store purchasing only on these items but having people line up around the store seems very 1980's.  Show up in person to sign up for a voucher show your id give a  phone number do a deposit.. something anything is better than this.
  • About 100 people in line at Houston TX. We're hoping they just tell us how many they have so we don't have to wait in the cold.

They received 2 6800 XTS and 10 6800s. The vouchers were given out to people who had arrived there by 1:00 p.m. on Monday. The manager was at least nice about it but come on AMD what the hell how did you shit the bed on this...
  • bl4d3runn3r
    Options
    In Westmont IL they had 2x 6800XT and 10x 6800... LOL 
    Feel sorry for those who waited there, it was ice cold outside.
    Microcenter, thanks for not telling anyone how much you had. Luckily I just waited from 8am to 9am. There were over 100 people waiting.
  • ManicDan
    Options
    Jori said:
    I dont understand why a store that sells cutting edge technology cant figure out a way to do this without people waiting in line outside for days.  I am all for in store purchasing only on these items but having people line up around the store seems very 1980's.  Show up in person to sign up for a voucher show your id give a  phone number do a deposit.. something anything is better than this.
    The closest I saw was BHPhoto and the 5900x. For basically all of Nov 5th the cpu was available for preorder. A few days later they sent emails out to everyone one preordering saying the wait will be months. Some maybe this year, many early or mid next year. This is still way better since the effort you put in just determines where in the line you are, but you are still in a line and you just go about your life and wait until its ready. My eta is Jan-Mar, but I hope stock supplies ramp up and its late Dec maybe Jan. 

I tried it with the 6800xt and found out this morning that they received zero and have no idea when they are getting any. So basically the only way to actually be put onto a waiting list has no waiting list and we all get to enjoy the random luck of being in the right place for a very long time hoping its the right time. I checked every site I could and found most websites not list any products, or never showed them as in stock. I'm doubting there are less than a hundred 6800xts in the states. 
  • Goreopsy
    Goreopsy
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Only 12 AMD 6000s were in Cambridge location, along with 5 RTX 3000s. When I came at night between 1 and 2 AM, I already saw almost 30 people waiting outside, so I really dodged a bullet by having a bad feeling and not sticking up with the waiting. I still feel bad for those dozens of people who did wait outside for hours without having any indication of whether they would be able to get anything at all, practically up until the opening. Mind you, the weather throughout the night was between 25F and 35F. Microcenter needs to do something about this issue.
  • Goreopsy
    Goreopsy
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    ManicDan said:
    I tried it with the 6800xt and found out this morning that they received zero and have no idea when they are getting any. So basically the only way to actually be put onto a waiting list has no waiting list and we all get to enjoy the random luck of being in the right place for a very long time hoping its the right time. I checked every site I could and found most websites not list any products, or never showed them as in stock. I'm doubting there are less than a hundred 6800xts in the states. 
    Probably somewhere between 75 and 150 total across all Microcenter stores, at least for the launch. But it's hard to say how many for the remaining retailers, since the forsaken scalpers are hoarding them up. Anyway, it would be just either an asinine way to waste life on trying to get that lucky crumb of a flagship GPU through regular stores for some time without paying scalpers or one should be very lucky to catch one with normal price...
  • Farmeunit
    Options
    Overland Park, KS store had 50+ people in line.  I just went home and will wait.  Would be nice to get useful in-stock information from the store, but their answers are a joke.
  • ManicDan
    Options
    Goreopsy said:
    ManicDan said:
    Probably somewhere between 75 and 150 total across all Microcenter stores, at least for the launch. But it's hard to say how many for the remaining retailers, since the forsaken scalpers are hoarding them up. Anyway, it would be just either an asinine way to waste life on trying to get that lucky crumb of a flagship GPU through regular stores for some time without paying scalpers or one should be very lucky to catch one with normal price...
    75-150 6800s or 6800xts?, cause the numbers listed in this thread show that being a total between both with 90% being non-xts
    Options
    anyone from Dallas manage to get a card?  Any validity to receiving shipments throughout the day?
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    Ebay arbitrator with micro center bags selling at 2k...... classy.
    Options
    Even if I had millions sitting in the bank, I'd never pay that much markup for something I don't have to have.  Also, 12.35 S&H on a card that is 3x the MSRP....
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    Another from same guy.
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    Sorry felt like blasting him since he clearly has micro center bags hope that store in georgia remembers which of the few got one and bans him.
    Options
    wait, that is the same dude that has multiple cards?  MC employee maybe?
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    He has a 6800xt and a 6800......if its an employee then shame on georgia microcenter
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    The bots are taking down scalpers and arbitrator people already which is good but this guy literally was so dumb he showed his micro center bags and arbitrating and where he's from....other people in line prob know who it is....i want justice for the Georgia people.
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    #microcenter opinions? Comments?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99