AMD RX 6000 Series/Big Navi Keynote Launch Discussion & FAQ (updated)

Options

Comments

• Goreopsy
    Options
    ManicDan said:
    Goreopsy said:
    ManicDan said:
    I tried it with the 6800xt and found out this morning that they received zero and have no idea when they are getting any. So basically the only way to actually be put onto a waiting list has no waiting list and we all get to enjoy the random luck of being in the right place for a very long time hoping its the right time. I checked every site I could and found most websites not list any products, or never showed them as in stock. I'm doubting there are less than a hundred 6800xts in the states. 
    Probably somewhere between 75 and 150 total across all Microcenter stores, at least for the launch. But it's hard to say how many for the remaining retailers, since the forsaken scalpers are hoarding them up. Anyway, it would be just either an asinine way to waste life on trying to get that lucky crumb of a flagship GPU through regular stores for some time without paying scalpers or one should be very lucky to catch one with normal price...
    75-150 6800s or 6800xts?, cause the numbers listed in this thread show that being a total between both with 90% being non-xts
    I meant both total, yep.
    Options
    so estimating 75 -150 cards total and almost 90 of them are on ebay right now...
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    And one guy in atlanta georgia got two
  • Atlee
    Atlee
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Imagine a company actually has close to demand numbers of supply on launch... seems like something from a dream. Also feelsbad microcenter wouldn't reimburse me 20$ in gas that it took to get to their store 😂😂
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I don't know how true this is, but rumors I've heard are that AMD dedicated a lot of their stock to their AIB partners rather than the reference designs. 

I really hope that's true and that we see better availability in the near future. Day 1 launches are always pretty stringent. The real question is what it's like in the coming weeks. 
  • Dfmiske
    Options
    Well I think the Marietta and Duluth store only got between 2-4 XT cards total. (Could be wrong) so I wonder who it could be. I was gonna go to Marietta but the line was already 30 plus yesterday. I’m posting this in the Unofficial Micro center Discord lol 
  • Joellybeans
    Options
    I've completely given up. Someone tag me if there's a way to get it retail in Tustn without having to camp out or deal with lines. 
  • Dfmiske
    Options
    @TSTonyV Would you have any idea when micro center will be getting/ releasing the AIB partner cards? I heard the 25th but haven’t received confirmed information 
  • Dfmiske
    Options
    @Hypnotini this person legit saw this because they posted new pics on eBay without the micro center bags lol
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    Dfmiske said:
    @Hypnotini this person legit saw this because they posted new pics on eBay without the micro center bags lolstill on blast.makes me think employee....disgruntled fired snuck out backdoor whatever but that is 2 cards arbitrated from micro center. People like this can be easily tracked and banned from the store i demand it....how many people in line were allowed to buy two of the very limited stock. Super easy to trace. Maybe the boss said yoooooo dumb@$$ take the bags out gonna get us busted.
  • TimothyPE
    Options
    SLySToNE said:
    All I can say, this constant BS mishandling by Microcenter needs to stop period. As a business customer or regular customer, to be expected to sit in COVID cold weather for a Card or CPU is beyond dumb and dangerous. I've been to and been apart of many launches over my 5 decades as a business and hobbyist, never seen anything to this degree of bs this year. There was a person that was "number 6" in line in Columbus that was out in the cold for 14 hrs that got fleeced with a voucher in hand after he walked into the store with it, just to be told there were no cards out of the 12 disclosed. What kind of shady crap is that? They need to list the amount of stock the night before, take all the names they can get, do a lottery on the items by randomly picking peoples names out of a box to be fair. This would keep people from wasting time driving, camping, no extra expense by the company and a very simple solution. This is just trash tbh the way this has been handled. Now, we see people that camped as well, that immediately listed 5000 series CPU's and 6000 Series GPU's on Ebay for scalper prices. I know it is impossible to stop this, but measures need to be put in place to mitigate or discourage the activity. Even with the bots on others websites, that needs to be resolved as well and it is a pretty simple solution. This needs to stop! Also, you have employees at ALL locations that we have been to holding parts for "special" customers, friends and themselves when they can and this is unacceptable by any legitimate business standards. We purchase many items from Microcenter all the time for years, this will now stop and we will take business elsewhere. Everyone we know, has now decided to bug out and shop elsewhere as well. Sad part is, my youngest brother is an Engineer for AMD, knows how much inventory was released from internal meetings, waited all night in Columbus and reported this activity back to AMD. We shall see what comes from that info that was sent back. Either get your crap together or get out of the business and stop doing your customers this way.
    Anybody defending this madness, is part of the problem and should silence themselves. As I stated, I've done more launches than most out there over 50 years, but the way Microcenter constantly mishandles them are on another level of ridiculousness.  Good Day
    I went to Tustin last weekend to pickup new iPAD air 4 for my wife. There were A LOT of people gathering just outside of the store.
    Employee told me it was for video cards...here is what I think:
    1. People can choose to spend their time camping on whatever and sell it on ebay,
        especially if they do not have a good family income;
    2. People can choose to buy RTX6800 for $1000+ if they have the money and willing to spend it;
    3. I choose to hold my money and get the best deal when that time comes
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Well...............besides deflecting for the nonsense, you seem to have completely missed the whole point then of what was being said. Not everybody gets it.  But, you do you homie :wink:

• Serpo33
    Options
    Hypnotini said:
    And one guy in atlanta georgia got two
    More than likely he had someone with him that bought one, they are "supposed" to hard limit one GPU, CPU, or motherboard. 
  • Hypnotini
    Options
    I would think his buddy would then sell it unless it was a couple. And that is perfect arbitration. Something that is illegal in many places. If they want to camp out and jack stuff to sell vs using slimy bots that's their time wasted and deal. May be professional rip off artists but one thing is for sure cover your tracks ....to me their actions is making micro center look bad, between hard times and never enough hardware to not quoting accurate product to limit lines to allowing these people two. I spent 3 grand at micro center pre zen3 for a build i was in line close enough to only get a 5600 because they only had 2 5900x kinda blew me away between store and manufacturers that majority gets lost to online savagery. I since decided forget it new build but after finding every possible thing i need other than a processor and video card which are 100% always in this situation it may never get built. Back in the day never had issues getting stuff. Heck im still running a sandy bridge just fine but would like to upgrade to take advantage of new tech but the people demand for upgrading yearly and striving to make a buck and desperate people willing to pay them is ruining this industry.

Again i wanted these people blasted because they made it easy. Had they not had micro center bags i would never have gad anything to go buy and no rant.
    Options
    I think its fun to submit an offer of at most MSRP to all the scalpers on Ebay that "Accepts offers".  I support capitalism but I for one will never buy from one of these scalpers and if everyone was like that, scalpers wouldn't exist so I'll just wait.  All that said, its pretty annoying for all of us that want to purchase a GPU or CPU for our personal use and can't.
  • JD23
    Options
    Guest said:
    I think its fun to submit an offer of at most MSRP to all the scalpers on Ebay that "Accepts offers".  I support capitalism but I for one will never buy from one of these scalpers and if everyone was like that, scalpers wouldn't exist so I'll just wait.  All that said, its pretty annoying for all of us that want to purchase a GPU or CPU for our personal use and can't.
    I mean, you can, but you just have to get to MC like 36-48 hours early and camp out. Confirmed that FFX MC had 4 XT's and 20 regulars. In addition, they had 3x5950's, 1x5900, and a smathering of NVIDIA cards (incl. a 3090). There was a smidge of line / list drama at 0600, but it sorted itself out. The top 5 or 6 people were camping since Monday night, with others showing up after that. If you really want these CPUs and GPUs, you cannot go the day of. You'll have to plan to camp at least one night, or if there is a list going, get there early and make sure you make all your check-ins. It appears that all of these recent launches had WAY less product than all of us expected, and it appears that people are willing to camp a couple nights ahead of time to get the card they want. I would expect the same for the AIB release on the 25th. Trying to go the morning of will most likely be a waste of your time. If you want one day one, and have the ability to do so, you're going to have to camp at pretty much all locations. 
    Guest ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I honestly can't think of any material item important enough to me to camp out for hours/overnight or pay scalper prices for, PC components included.  You're right though, getting there "day of" would have been a waste of time, I monitored this forum and that was the conclusion I came up with as well, saved me a trip/time.  Unlike many, I have no problem waiting for stock to replenish.  So it seems as though drop shipments throughout the day didn't happen like they claimed it would?
  • Just wondering, for those who were in line for the 6800s, did they say they also had any 3080s that were available? 
  • MJLSr
    Options
    Towson East did have multiple shipments, at least two (2) that I am aware of. I heard there was a 3rd later in the day. There was the pre-opening stock and another truck shortly after 10a (ET) with as much, if not more than what was available at opening. There were no 3080s AFAIK, but quite a few [dozen] 3090s and 3070s in addition to the limited 6800, 2x XT and maybe a dozen 6800 in each truck, not even 30 cards total. Ironic they had more 30 series there on AMD’s 6800 release day. They also had some Ryzen 9s available.

I have to say that the people at the Towson East store have been great! They are polite, have kept crowds updated, and it is obvious they are working as fast as they can to help those fortunate enough to get cards and inform those who do not - Thank You! 
  • MJLSr said:
    Towson East did have multiple shipments, at least two (2) that I am aware of. I heard there was a 3rd later in the day. There was the pre-opening stock and another truck shortly after 10a (ET) with as much, if not more than what was available at opening. There were no 3080s AFAIK, but quite a few [dozen] 3090s and 3070s in addition to the limited 6800, 2x XT and maybe a dozen 6800 in each truck, not even 30 cards total. Ironic they had more 30 series there on AMD’s 6800 release day. They also had some Ryzen 9s available.

I have to say that the people at the Towson East store have been great! They are polite, have kept crowds updated, and it is obvious they are working as fast as they can to help those fortunate enough to get cards and inform those who do not - Thank You! 

Good to know. When I got my 5900x at my microcenter, they just got a shipment of 3080s but I wasn't able to afford one lol
    Gonna try my luck camping out on the 25th 
  • radioToys
    Options
    Does anyone know of other locations besides Towson East getting multiple shipments? Trying to decide if it's worth stopping by at opening time between now and the 25th.
  • CHRONOBODI
    Options
    Managed to snag the last XT. I was 2nd in line of 70 people and there was only two 6800xts.

But... im not camping ever again ow. 20 hours is easy when store is open to walk in and warmup, but the night is bruutalll. 

Getting that voucher though,  melted away all the camping frustration. Ahhhhh so good.
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    The scalpers that are outside the Columbus store every morning need to be ran TF off. Same first 4-8 dudes every day buying up the stuff so others can't get it. They have the nerve to stand here talking about it being all smug while I'm listening to them being 7th in line SMDH. They are talking about getting their second or 3rd 3080, 3070's or 2nd/3rd Ryzen. One idiot that's not a scalper though was talking about getting his 2nd 3080 to run Sli, they can't run Sli...morons, only the 3090.  If we can see this, the store can see this and the damn store is not enforcing the 1 per household and the manger needs to get off his ass.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Managed to snag the last XT. I was 2nd in line of 70 people and there was only two 6800xts.

But... im not camping ever again ow. 20 hours is easy when store is open to walk in and warmup, but the night is bruutalll. 

Getting that voucher though,  melted away all the camping frustration. Ahhhhh so good.

Impressive! Congrats on your new XT! Enjoy it.
    Hopefully, its enjoyment melts away more of that frosty cold. 😁
    SLySToNE said:
    The scalpers that are outside the Columbus store every morning need to be ran TF off. Same first 4-8 dudes every day buying up the stuff so others can't get it. They have the nerve to stand here talking about it being all smug while I'm listening to them being 7th in line SMDH. They are talking about getting their second or 3rd 3080, 3070's or 2nd/3rd Ryzen. One idiot that's not a scalper though was talking about getting his 2nd 3080 to run Sli, they can't run Sli...morons, only the 3090.  If we can see this, the store can see this and the damn store is not enforcing the 1 per household and the manger needs to get off his ass.

I'd recommend politely sharing this info with the store management. I'll share your feedback here with our store management. We do have several managers, and it's quite possible that they haven't seen the person you are referring to purchase an item before. Sharing the info with store management will allow them to make the appropriate decision for the circumstance. This is something we'll look into. Thanks for sharing! 
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    All I can say, this constant BS mishandling by Microcenter needs to stop period. As a business customer or regular customer, to be expected to sit in COVID cold weather for a Card or CPU is beyond dumb and dangerous. I've been to and been apart of many launches over my 5 decades as a business and hobbyist, never seen anything to this degree of bs this year. There was a person that was "number 6" in line in Columbus that was out in the cold for 14 hrs that got fleeced with a voucher in hand after he walked into the store with it, just to be told there were no cards out of the 12 disclosed. What kind of shady crap is that? They need to list the amount of stock the night before, take all the names they can get, do a lottery on the items by randomly picking peoples names out of a box to be fair. This would keep people from wasting time driving, camping, no extra expense by the company and a very simple solution. This is just trash tbh the way this has been handled. Now, we see people that camped as well, that immediately listed 5000 series CPU's and 6000 Series GPU's on Ebay for scalper prices. I know it is impossible to stop this, but measures need to be put in place to mitigate or discourage the activity. Even with the bots on others websites, that needs to be resolved as well and it is a pretty simple solution. This needs to stop! Also, you have employees at ALL locations that we have been to holding parts for "special" customers, friends and themselves when they can and this is unacceptable by any legitimate business standards. We purchase many items from Microcenter all the time for years, this will now stop and we will take business elsewhere. Everyone we know, has now decided to bug out and shop elsewhere as well. Sad part is, my youngest brother is an Engineer for AMD, knows how much inventory was released from internal meetings, waited all night in Columbus and reported this activity back to AMD. We shall see what comes from that info that was sent back. Either get your crap together or get out of the business and stop doing your customers this way.
    Anybody defending this madness, is part of the problem and should silence themselves. As I stated, I've done more launches than most out there over 50 years, but the way Microcenter constantly mishandles them are on another level of ridiculousness.  Good Day
    LandShark said:

Impressive! Congrats on your new XT! Enjoy it.
    Hopefully, its enjoyment melts away more of that frosty cold. 😁
    SLySToNE said:

I'd recommend politely sharing this info with the store management. I'll share your feedback here with our store management. We do have several managers, and it's quite possible that they haven't seen the person you are referring to purchase an item before. Sharing the info with store management will allow them to make the appropriate decision for the circumstance. This is something we'll look into. Thanks for sharing! 

Thank you. Btw, it's "persons". I've been there everyday in line trying to get a CPU and GPU like many until I was finally able to snag them today happily, so of course you start noticing things. They were carrying on outside this morning when I got my 5900X and 3070 there. One of them has a dirty red chair he brings every day and the crew of them wear hoodies. Of course, they will lie to cover themselves, but we in the community are tired of this. There are cameras there that can see this. Again, thanks for your help

Oh, btw as per new health order curfew by the state of Ohio and Dewine from 10pm-5am, these people cannot camp out/be out there past 10pm or before 5am and this is enforced by prosecutors/police now. So come the 25th for AIB cards released from AMD, these people cannot be lined up out there for days all night long camping out starting the 21 day order from the 19th of this month until December 10th before 5am on the 25th of November. So, all stores in the state have to abide by this. Maybe this will keep things in check some. Let the stores know. Thanks for your time

• SLySToNE
    SLySToNE ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes
    edited November 2020
    Options
  • CHRONOBODI
    Options
    scalpers at MC lineup too? Scum of the earth.

meanwhile there's me feeling like i won the golden ticket from Willy Wonka after finally getting the last 6800xt in stock.

never did a piece of paper felt so good, the voucher paper.

also yea, how do we identify the scalpers in case? we are not safe online as it is, now they show up inperson too.
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Some of them casually carry on about it in line. It's crazy actually that they are that bold to do so lmao
  • bbnn
    bbnn ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @LandShark hey are there any news, on restock of the reference 6800 and 6800XT? asking my local Microcenter just points in this thread me here

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99