RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• walbyus said:
    Hi everyone! Lurker here. Decided to post.
    For those braving the micro center store fronts on release day, why not order online with newegg or b&h? Those sites probably have a higher stock, you don't have to worry about covid and, depending on your location, you could have a card by the weekend at the latest? I'm curious because I was planning on ordering online, but it seems most of you will be going in person...want to make sure I'm not missing out on something.

Thanks guys and girls!

1. Getting a card at a physical location and getting instant gratification by receiving it that day.
    2. I don't have to compete against a bot.
    3. The chances are just very small trying to get a card online. You're going to be competing with multiple people, bots, full servers, etc. It's almost the same risk trying to get one in-store at Microcenter, honestly, in terms of luck and availability. And I would much rather take my chances in person than to set myself up for disappointment sadly hitting F5 all-day.
  • Yea I wouldn't even bank on getting one online.  
    - Click purchase for new FTW3 3080 on Newegg
    - Receive that email later that says "sorry but we are out of stock, and will have to refund you"
    - We will process your refund and you should receive it within 10-14 business days. 
    - Have a nice day.

Sorry but no.  It's in person or bust at this point.
  • elcid_777 said:
    Junkie said:
    Honestly planning on camping out Wednesday morning/ scoping out the area on Tuesday. Gonna try and grab a 3080 and 3090 (Will be doing this twice lol)

This is my biggest concern. Having to compete with people that are going to "camp" outside the store the night before. I really hope Micro Center Tustin has a good, fair plan in place to maximize the chances of getting a card to people who get there in the 5am - 6am times. Imagine waking up at 4am, driving for an hour to get here, and only to have 30 people already camped outside. Cool for those who can camp out the night before (is this even allowed during the current pandemic?) but not cool for those that work and have to drive from far away. 

Why in the world would they make a plan to give you a card, because you didn't show up as early as someone else?

MicroCenter - What about numbering your parking spaces (sidewalk chalk or cheap signs) after close the night before, so when we show up, we can just park and stay in the safety of our vehicles? Less Covid risk, and there are more parking spaces in one double row than you have cards.
  • Anyone going early Thursday morning at the Cambridge store in Mass?  I'll be there.
    I’m going, want to link up to hold spots in line so we can take pisses if needed?
  • Bunches said:
    Anyone going early Thursday morning at the Cambridge store in Mass?  I'll be there.
    I’m going, want to link up to hold spots in line so we can take pisses if needed?
    When are you going?  Early that morning?  I don't think I can camp out the night before, even if they're allowing that.
  • Bunches said:
    Anyone going early Thursday morning at the Cambridge store in Mass?  I'll be there.
    When are you going?  Early that morning?  I don't think I can camp out the night before, even if they're allowing that.
    I’m not camping. But I don’t have to work Thursday so can head there whenever. Send me a message 
  • Anyone going to the Yonkers location want to link up?
  • Anyone planning on camping at the flushing location?
  • anyone going to brooklyn?
  • Anyone want to link up at the Madison Heights location?
  • True, I was worried about possible bathroom breaks as well. I'll be drinking coffee for sure that morning, so who knows if I, uh, don't have to take the Browns to the Super Bowl that morning...
  • Just make sure they end up in the bowl game for sure and not out front of the store, :smiley:
  • See the smart thing to do would be to "link up" with someone from there going to a similar location...and then break their ankles and hide the body. Less competition.  B)
    only after they get their voucher
  • Anyone going to be at the Dallas location?
  • Anyone going to the Houston location.  Going to be there from Fort Polk.
  • Rockville location here, send me a message to group up together for the release!
  • I'm planning on camping out at the Yonkers location. Anyone else? If there's nobody else there at midnight I might leave and come back at 5am. Don't wanna get robbed...
  • See the smart thing to do would be to "link up" with someone from there going to a similar location...and then break their ankles and hide the body. Less competition.  B)
    you think the board games were some sort of joke?
    can you not give away my plan?
  • Fingers crossed we find out the plan of action soon! Trying to figure out my Thursday morning plans
  • Sawyers02 said:
    Anyone going to the Houston location.  Going to be there from Fort Polk.
    That's awesome you're coming from LA. What time are you considering going?
  • Felicity said:
    See the smart thing to do would be to "link up" with someone from there going to a similar location...and then break their ankles and hide the body. Less competition.  B)
    you think the board games were some sort of joke?
    can you not give away my plan?
    Lips are sealed.
  • Sawyers02 said:
    Anyone going to the Houston location.  Going to be there from Fort Polk.
    That's awesome you're coming from LA. What time are you considering going?

I am going to be there tomorrow night.  I have a useless computer until I get a new card.
  • I'll be camping out at the Mayfield location in Ohio; hopefully it's not all for naught as I've gotten differing opinions from various employees as to the availability on release day.
  • @TSTonyV
    When will the updated FAQ be released?
  • walbyus said:
    Hi everyone! Lurker here. Decided to post.
    For those braving the micro center store fronts on release day, why not order online with newegg or b&h? Those sites probably have a higher stock, you don't have to worry about covid and, depending on your location, you could have a card by the weekend at the latest? I'm curious because I was planning on ordering online, but it seems most of you will be going in person...want to make sure I'm not missing out on something.

Thanks guys and girls!
    Wow! Thanks for all the response!
    Too bad I have to be at work super early thursday. Won't be able to make it to a store until 3pm at the earliest. I expect the shelves will have tumbleweeds by then.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Because if I'm one of the one in a couple million people who will be spamming F5 all day long on online retailers and the heavens are in my favor and I actually get one, I will have to wait weeks for them to ship it to me. If I get one at microcenter on the day of the release, I will be able to game on this blessing on the day of release and not have to wait for weeks and weeks.
  • Anyone going to the Cincinnati location on Thursday? I'm torn between sleeping in my car overnight or showing up at 7 a.m 
  • Conrad said:
    Anyone going to the Cincinnati location on Thursday? I'm torn between sleeping in my car overnight or showing up at 7 a.m 
    I think you might want to get there much earlier than 7 AM. Just look at the lines for the 3### CPUs.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    @TSTonyV
    When will the updated FAQ be released?
    I was hoping we'd have it yesterday. Now I'm hoping we have it today. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99