RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• elcid_777 said:
    Does anyone from  southern california know when the Tustin store is receiving more 3080 shipments?? I have Zotac 3080 Trinity and if you look around reddit, these cards are a joke. RGB goes dead after messing with Firestorm Spectra. Card is gimped intentionally performance wise and is 2-5% behind FE version but costs more. Games crash unless you lower core clock by at least -30. This is so ridiculous and Zotac isnt doing shit. I want to get a refund or exchange the card for another model, i will pay the difference. How is Micro center about exchanges or refunds? I have original reciept and 30 days from purchase.
    Stay away from Zotac.
    Ah reddit.... TBH I waited in line amd was fortunate enough to be able to get a 3080, and I chose the zotac. My reasoning being ek said their waterblock would fit, and then, now it doesn't. So I got shafted and could have gone with evga or msi.
    However, I dont care about RGB and thats going away as soon as I get a water block for it. And really, I am not going to OC the card. I need to OC my cpu just to keep up with the GPU right now.
    As for it being 1% slower, eh, silicon lottery, some cards do well with less power. Otherwise they have followed the reference PCB with some corners cut, BUT the card should work fine. Otherwise you have a 5 year warranty. And if its bad... send it in and you MIGHT get a new revision board that takes care of some of those issues.
    Lastly, remember, the more salty people are, the louder they are on the interwebs. I am happy with my zotac so far, and this is my first post about it.....
  • SpecTron said:
    People already in line at cambridge massachusetts
    More people coming. Get in line quick
    is this for 3090 or 3080 restocks?
  • EvanH
    EvanH ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2020

Might as well put my RV with a massive sign on top that says 3090 line dead in the front of store and live there for a couple days. I do not think there is any end to this madness. Honestly if stock was going to be this low Nvidia should have held back on release. 2-6 cards per store is creating a super toxic scalper market. If i get one i have no doubt i will be able to sell it for $3,000 if people are willing to wait outside for 48 hours for one.  
  • EvanH said:

Might as well put my RV with a massive sign on top that says 3090 line dead in the front of store and live there for a couple days. I do not think there is any end to this madness. Honestly if stock was going to be this low Nvidia should have held back on release. 2-6 cards per store is creating a super toxic scalper market. If i get one i have no doubt i will be able to sell it for $3,000 if people are willing to wait outside for 48 hours for one.  
    Genius, but I think that's cheating :p
  • I'm betting that Friday will be the day they will restock the 3080s but don't take my word for it. For sure they won't restock the 3080 same day as 3090 releasae cause that will be hectic. 
  • Has anyone heard whether or not the Asus ROG Strix 3090 will be launching on the 24th, or will it be released after the official date (like the did with the Asus ROG 3080)?
  • If people are already lining up two days ahead of time I guess that's a wrap then.
  • I don't know if this would matter for other stores, but Best Buy has on their website that the Nvidia 3090 releases Oct 28, Asus Strix 3090 Oct 21, Asus TUF Oct 21, 2 Gigabyte and a MSI card on release day. I'm sure Best Buy doesn't get first dibs on high end cards, but could be an indication on what will be available early on.
  • B&H also only has Gigabyte MSI & Zotac listed on their website
  • LouVizz said:
    I don't know if this would matter for other stores, but Best Buy has on their website that the Nvidia 3090 releases Oct 28, Asus Strix 3090 Oct 21, Asus TUF Oct 21, 2 Gigabyte and a MSI card on release day. I'm sure Best Buy doesn't get first dibs on high end cards, but could be an indication on what will be available early on.
    Yeah I saw that on reddit and it made me wonder if the whole 3090 launch was being pushed back or not.
  • Anybody lining up at Dallas location?
  • Anybody lining up at Dallas location?
    At this point nearly all locations have people in line already. We are taking ultra enthusiasts that are very dedicated. People are misjudging this launch. The stores will get around 5 lol. Sonic you want one, get in line now! Quick!!!
  • For the people in lines already is there any indication how many units each store will be receiving? For the previous launch they had signs on the door saying how many they were getting correct?
  • Jin_3482 said:
    How's it look in Denver? Planning on driving up tonight to see how the line is for tomorrow.  :#:D
    Already 15 people plus. Pretty sure they only getting 5 cards so stupid 
  • Anyone know the status of Paterson NJ?
  • Anyone know the status of Paterson NJ?
    Pretty sure at least one person already. Do a drive-by, if less than five get in line. If more than five, drive to another MC
  • DarthPancho
    DarthPancho ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Can anyone at the Tustin location confirm whether those there have started an unofficial sign in wait list, administered by and supported by those in line? It’s what some other Micro Center locations did for the 3080 launch, and the manager for Tustin had confirmed on the night before the 3080 launch that the store would honor it in the morning. The protocols for remaining on the list required one to be present at roll calls at 9pm, 11pm, 2am, and 6am on the night before. I would recommend that be adopted at the Tustin location for this 3090 launch as well. It not only creates structure and instilled confidence in those in a guaranteed position to receive a card, but it also allowed people the freedom to go relax/sleep in their cars, leave to get something to eat, or go to the restroom, etc.
  • I guess it's the second coming of christ, if people are waiting 48 hours in advance lol
    This is just.....nuts. Unbelievable. I was going to the Micro Center store tomorrow to get a refund and purchase a different brand 3080, because as I understand, they expect a 3080 shipment on Thursday. I was planning on going...but nope. Not after seeing a bunch of crazy people already camped outside. They are treating it like it's the Second coming of Christ alright....madness. It's just a gpu folks. The drivers are horrible for the 3000 series  and cause many people crashes in games unless we downclock by -30 or -50. (google it). It's a wide spread issue and Nvidia has yet to even acknowledge it. Even people with their FE card with propriety pcb is having this issue. I know it's still very early and things will improve in time, but if youre going to build up all this hype, at least have a good, working driver. Anyway, good luck to all getting their cards on Thursday.
  • On a side note, does anyone know if 3080 on a pcei 4.0 yeild a significant performance increase over 3.0? If it's only a 2-5% increase then i'll hold off on getting a b550 board for now and get a better cpu instead. 
  • elcid_777 said:
    On a side note, does anyone know if 3080 on a pcei 4.0 yeild a significant performance increase over 3.0? If it's only a 2-5% increase then i'll hold off on getting a b550 board for now and get a better cpu instead. 
    I was wondering the same thing and turns out, it's like a 1% difference. Proof from tech jesus himself: https://youtu.be/0DKVVtirNM8
  • Okay I'm at the Paterson location, for my New Jersey people. From what I can tell I'm third in line. There isn't an actual line, but there are two chairs set up (including my own) so I assume the others are just keeping warm in their cars. I'm hoping there aren't more then two here.

• Tombox
    Tombox ✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Line is on the left side. As of 4:30a.m., my bro is number 57 on the wait list.
  • Tombox said:
    Line is on the left side. As of 4:30a.m., my bro is number 57 on the wait list.
    What location is that?
  • People already in line at cambridge massachusetts
    How many so far?
  • Steveishh said:
    How many so far?
    3 people for 3090, 2 people for 3080 restock
  • Steveishh said:
    How many so far?
    When are you getting in line?
  • Slight update for Paterson NJ. Looks like a fourth has arrived. Still no idea how many cards they'll get but hopefully we find out in a bit. If you're a NJ person I'd get here quick though. 
  • already 15+ people at the Denver store. 
  • Now five of us at Paterson NJ. I'm actually kind of surprised honestly. Thought there would be more by now.
  • Steveishh said:
    How many so far?
    When are you getting in line?
    I’m going to try to get there by noon I guess

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99