NVIDIA 3000 Series Launch & Micro Center FAQ!

Comments

• LandShark said:
    @Pooba I know that our NY stores have been getting stock. I know that on the 3rd we got 8 cards at Westbury.
    @F4llenPotAto Were not sure exactly when we will be receiving new inventory. Perhaps they meant that we would not have steady stock for a month, however, we have been receiving stock.
    The schedule on which we have been receiving new stock has been very irregular, not really a schedule at all. I've mentioned it on another thread, but we're making exceptions with this release and having the manufacturers ship the new cards directly to the store in some cases. We're doing our best to get these cards to you as quickly as we can. Hopefully, we can have a steady amount in store shortly! We're dependant on the manufacturers.
    Unfortunately the Brooklyn store is a bit far for me. Any word on the Flushing store getting any stock?
  • So there won't be any 3070 this 15th?  :'(
  • Brencis said:
    So there won't be any 3070 this 15th?  :'(
    Nope nvidia announced the delay to the 29th last week
  • @LandShark will you guys be getting 3070 on the day it releases? If I have to pick a day to go might as well be that
  • Any shipments today for NYC stores? 
  • Just a FYI to everyone going daily to check status of cards at stores be careful. On 10/8 I went to my local store to see if I could get a card I got there at 7am was #5 on the line the 4 people in front of me were friends. around 8:30-8:45 the 4 people ahead of me had friends show up they said were not getting cards we got them already so fast forward to 9:45 employees came out with 6 vouchers immediately the people ahead of me said they were there all morning waiting which is not the case also these same people have been going to the store daily have 1 person stay from like 12am and have there friends show up later and say ohhhhh they were here but went to get food. This was my first time waiting in line I was bumped to #7 and did not get a card the employees could care less 1 of the people got 5 card in 5 days because they do not check ids or anything even though it 1 per HOUSEHOLD. I was screwed im going to try again next week was going to go today but those same people said they were going again today so I would have wasted my time. I was told by support they were going to try and reserve me a card for everything I’ve been through never heard back from them this is just a FYI this is what’s going on at the stores
  • Just a FYI to everyone going daily to check status of cards at stores be careful. On 10/8 I went to my local store to see if I could get a card I got there at 7am was #5 on the line the 4 people in front of me were friends. around 8:30-8:45 the 4 people ahead of me had friends show up they said were not getting cards we got them already so fast forward to 9:45 employees came out with 6 vouchers immediately the people ahead of me said they were there all morning waiting which is not the case also these same people have been going to the store daily have 1 person stay from like 12am and have there friends show up later and say ohhhhh they were here but went to get food. This was my first time waiting in line I was bumped to #7 and did not get a card the employees could care less 1 of the people got 5 card in 5 days because they do not check ids or anything even though it 1 per HOUSEHOLD. I was screwed im going to try again next week was going to go today but those same people said they were going again today so I would have wasted my time. I was told by support they were going to try and reserve me a card for everything I’ve been through never heard back from them this is just a FYI this is what’s going on at the stores
    What store so I know who to fight lol but seriously that’s messed up. I hope you find a card soon this release has been a nightmare, I had 4 orders voided by Newegg in the past 2 weeks :( 
  • @Brencis

That is correct, Nvidia delayed the release to the 29th.  
    You should post the store.  My local one is Mayfield Heights, Ohio.

My local one has been kinda weird.  I went there like a week ago for a specific rev of Corsair ram that is compatible with my MB.  Ram is right next to the video cards.  The rev wasn't compatible, but I heard two employees talk about there are no longer something like a reservation or holding cards for people.  I ended up leaving, didn't even ask if they had any.

After that, on one of the in stock tracker sites, I saw someone post that they were able to get a card from my location, however they had to buy other things to be able to buy a 3080.  He basically did a full new build(he was doing this anyways) other than ram and re-used parts like PSU.  I really thought that was weird, forcing people to buy other parts just to buy a 3080.

Yesterday was my first time going at opening.  Got there 1 minute before opening, maybe 6 people in line.  As I parked they opened the store, walked to the video card section, some guy was asking for 3080's, heard the associate say they got none, so turned around and left.

Today, I got there right after opening, walked to the video card section, asked the sole worker if they got any 3080's, he responded 'I have no idea, I'd have to check in the back' and proceeded to not check in the back.  Literally just stood there.  I rolled my eyes after a few minutes and just left.

I'm in the queue for the staggered EVGA release, think I'll just wait for my number to come up.
  • My local store is Tustin, CA, they got 13 cards today (9 ASUS TUF and 4 MSI). I arrived at 8:50 this morning and was handed a voucher around 9am by a cheerful store manager. Another employee stood outside answering questions and handing out the rest of the vouchers as people showed up. At 9:50 they brought us in and let us pay. I am quite happy and applaud the Microcenter team for how professionally they handled everything this morning. The only thing that weirded me out was when I was in the checkout line a store employee stated this product could not be returned. I mean the chances of me wanting to return this are slim to none but seems weird that I can't. FYI I heard they got 8 EVGA cards yesterday but didnt hand out any vouchers, just sold them to the first 8 people in line at 10am. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Deats said:
    My local store is Tustin, CA, they got 13 cards today (9 ASUS TUF and 4 MSI). I arrived at 8:50 this morning and was handed a voucher around 9am by a cheerful store manager. Another employee stood outside answering questions and handing out the rest of the vouchers as people showed up. At 9:50 they brought us in and let us pay. I am quite happy and applaud the Microcenter team for how professionally they handled everything this morning. The only thing that weirded me out was when I was in the checkout line a store employee stated this product could not be returned. I mean the chances of me wanting to return this are slim to none but seems weird that I can't. FYI I heard they got 8 EVGA cards yesterday but didnt hand out any vouchers, just sold them to the first 8 people in line at 10am. 
    Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't heard anything about not being able to return cards, but we can follow-up on this to see if there's some special circumstances or something like that. 
  • I want to go to Tustin and get a 3080 so I could build but have no clue when they're going to get stock man, what days are the most likely restock?
  • Deats said:
    My local store is Tustin, CA, they got 13 cards today (9 ASUS TUF and 4 MSI). I arrived at 8:50 this morning and was handed a voucher around 9am by a cheerful store manager. Another employee stood outside answering questions and handing out the rest of the vouchers as people showed up. At 9:50 they brought us in and let us pay. I am quite happy and applaud the Microcenter team for how professionally they handled everything this morning. The only thing that weirded me out was when I was in the checkout line a store employee stated this product could not be returned. I mean the chances of me wanting to return this are slim to none but seems weird that I can't. FYI I heard they got 8 EVGA cards yesterday but didnt hand out any vouchers, just sold them to the first 8 people in line at 10am. 
    Was that your first time heading to the store in Tustin to try to get the card? I'm thinking of heading out one of these days but I'm not sure when to go.
  • Last night 10/14 it said limited availability on the Houston MC, look this morning, 10/15, at 9:00 a.m. before the store is open. Sold out??? Weird. The FTW3 and Asus Tuf were “limited availability” last night. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deats said:
    So I was able to follow up on this with our managers at the Tustin store and they confirmed you can RETURN the 3080/3090 cards as normal, you just can't EXCHAHGE them because we don't really have more 3080/3090s available to exchange in the first place. 
  • Hey guys. I dont see much about 3090 stock incoming to Cambridge, MA. Is there someplace I can look without having to bother the store?
  • Hello, I was wondering if the Tustin location will have 3070s on launch day?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hello, I was wondering if the Tustin location will have 3070s on launch day?
    We'll try to have cards on launch day at all our stores if possible, but to be honest with how availability has been with these cards I don't think we're 100% sure yet. 
    Hey guys. I dont see much about 3090 stock incoming to Cambridge, MA. Is there someplace I can look without having to bother the store?
    Unfortunately we just don't really have that information on our end here. Because the way we're actually receiving cards from manufacturers is different than normal we don't have our typical information regarding what products stores are actually receiving. I know it doesn't feel great to hear but the best way to get information is to check with the store directly. You could check in the other discussion thread to see if anybody in there has heard anything. 

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/4542/rtx-3000-series-micro-center-discussion-faq#latest
  • I'm in the queue for the staggered EVGA release, think I'll just wait for my number to come up.
    With as slow as that queue is going, it'll be easily into 2021 for most of us..paper nvidia launch. I will help amd crush them this generation if big navi has stock

• elmalloc
    elmalloc ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Mario said:
    Brencis said:
    So there won't be any 3070 this 15th?  :'(
    Nope nvidia announced the delay to the 29th last week's
    The idea is nvidia is delaying to see big navi price so they can make last minute 3070 price adjustment. Don't trust them especially after this "launch".

If there is a lot of 3080 stock after big navi release you'll know it's not coincidental.
  • anyone knows if the Locations in Illinois Westmont or Chicago got any 3080's since launch? Thank you :) 
  • Just want to make sure, are vouchers available the date it releases or before it releases
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Timmy said:
    Just want to make sure, are vouchers available the date it releases or before it releases

This is handled by the management in the store, however, typically they are distributed at the release time.
  • Brencis
    Brencis ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited October 2020
  • Hi all!
    We made some updates to the FAQ yesterday regarding the upcoming release.

Q.) How many will you have in stock?

A.) We’re expecting limited quantities for the RTX 3070 launch on Thursday the 29th. We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

Q.) Are you planning to open early on the release dates?

A.) All Micro Center stores will be opening at 9am Eastern on Thursday 29th for the RTX 3070 launch. The stores will operate normal hours thereafter.

Should there be any other changes regarding the upcoming release, we'll continue to update our original post.

Thanks!
  • With the launch of the 3070 will arrive more 3080?
  • Will the dallas store location also be opening at 9am EST on the 29th?
  • @Cledger Yes, all Micro Center locations will be opening at 9am Eastern on the 29th. If that changes, we'll be sure to update things on our website and here!
  • @LandShark is that 9 am eastern as in 8 am central, or 9 am all time zones?
  • @dorian Yes, 9am Eastern as in 8am Central.
We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99