RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• DarthPancho
    DarthPancho ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Anybody at the Tustin MC? If so, has anyone from the community started a check-in waitlist?
  • Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    I went to the Fairfax MC on Monday of last week at 9am, and was 3rd physically in line. Found out that there was a "scan/waitlist" as well, which put me at 4 or 5. Waited until opening, to be told there were no shipments on Monday. Went back the next day at 9am and was 1st in line physically, and somewhere around that on the waitlist as well. Saw people going in for about 30 minutes and wondered what was up, went inside to see if I missed something (turned out they open an hour early on Tuesdays for people at higher risk of COVID). Asked an employee about any possible stock for the day in which he said they do it completely by waitlist now: you sign up via the waitlist and if they get any they go down the line and text you asking if you're able to come buy one: the list resets every night apparently as well. Every day since then I have signed up on the waitlist; been as high as 3rd or 4th, and seen numbers get up in the 20s. Never received a text. I was wondering if this is the case for other locations/if this is an actual thing or just MC possibly trying to keep people from camping. I don't want to spend this time waiting in hopes of getting a text when I could check physically every so often.
    What time are you lining up to be on the list?
    At all times (usually by 8 or 9am): I check the waitlist as early as 5am and there's already people on it. 
    If you're lining up at 8 or 9 am, then that's a bit too late. I believe they start taking names down at 7 AM when the manager comes out to do so. Today was my first day being on the list, and I didn't get any text today either...
    That's the thing: the list is meant so that we don't have to physically "line up". I've been pretty high on the list most days, but I actually received a text yesterday a few hours after I posted saying that they received all shipments and no 3080s were in. Weird. 
    I'm hoping Fairfax mc do something similar for the 3070 launch bc I have arthritis and standing outside for a night would wreck me. How do you get on and check the wait list? 
  • Kellyss said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    I went to the Fairfax MC on Monday of last week at 9am, and was 3rd physically in line. Found out that there was a "scan/waitlist" as well, which put me at 4 or 5. Waited until opening, to be told there were no shipments on Monday. Went back the next day at 9am and was 1st in line physically, and somewhere around that on the waitlist as well. Saw people going in for about 30 minutes and wondered what was up, went inside to see if I missed something (turned out they open an hour early on Tuesdays for people at higher risk of COVID). Asked an employee about any possible stock for the day in which he said they do it completely by waitlist now: you sign up via the waitlist and if they get any they go down the line and text you asking if you're able to come buy one: the list resets every night apparently as well. Every day since then I have signed up on the waitlist; been as high as 3rd or 4th, and seen numbers get up in the 20s. Never received a text. I was wondering if this is the case for other locations/if this is an actual thing or just MC possibly trying to keep people from camping. I don't want to spend this time waiting in hopes of getting a text when I could check physically every so often.
    What time are you lining up to be on the list?
    At all times (usually by 8 or 9am): I check the waitlist as early as 5am and there's already people on it. 
    If you're lining up at 8 or 9 am, then that's a bit too late. I believe they start taking names down at 7 AM when the manager comes out to do so. Today was my first day being on the list, and I didn't get any text today either...
    That's the thing: the list is meant so that we don't have to physically "line up". I've been pretty high on the list most days, but I actually received a text yesterday a few hours after I posted saying that they received all shipments and no 3080s were in. Weird. 
    I'm hoping Fairfax mc do something similar for the 3070 launch bc I have arthritis and standing outside for a night would wreck me. How do you get on and check the wait list? 
    There´s a scan code at the MC on the wall outside and a link as well that lets you check in.
  • Any idea about the protocol at the Westbury, NY store? Would getting on line at 7am be a complete waste of time? Does the store open at 9am tomorrow?  Thanks
  • AncientAlienOG
    edited October 2020
    Anyone going to the location in Westmont, IL? I’m interested in picking up a 3070 tomorrow morning, my plan is to get in line this evening after work. Hopefully somebody can score one, I’d rather another gamer get a card over a bot any day of the week. 
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Hi all!
    We made some updates to the FAQ yesterday regarding the upcoming release.

Q.) How many will you have in stock?

A.) We’re expecting limited quantities for the RTX 3070 launch on Thursday the 29th. We are working hard to get these cards in as quickly as possible, and are going above and beyond our normal shipping processes.

Q.) Are you planning to open early on the release dates?

A.) All Micro Center stores will be opening at 9am Eastern on Thursday 29th for the RTX 3070 launch. The stores will operate normal hours thereafter.

Should there be any other changes regarding the upcoming release, we'll continue to update our original post.

Thanks!

Edit: Just to clarify. All Micro Center stores will be opening at 9am Eastern. Meaning that our Tustin location, which is in Pacific time zone, will be opening at 6am.

• Spencer said:
    Quick update on Mayfield, OH location: 
    No 3080's or 3090's in stock today
    2 people camping out for 3070 release on Thursday morning. No news on the amount of stock available, but a Micro Center employee told me that his manager requested he come in early on Thursday, so there must be at least a few cards. 
    Best of luck to all of you guys!
    Stopped in looking for a 3080 at Mayfield location(none), yeah, still 2 people sitting there in the cold and rain.
    All MC's are opening an hour early on Thursday for 3070 launch.
  • Anybody out camping for 3070s at Brentwood, MO yet?
  • I've been lucky. I've got two RTX 30 Series cards: an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming, which I bought at Brooklyn-NY's Micro Center, and a PNY XLR8 REVEL EPIC-X RTX 3090, which I ordered directly from PNY via phone. 

• I've been lucky. I've got two RTX 30 Series cards: an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming, which I bought at Brooklyn-NY's Micro Center, and a PNY XLR8 REVEL EPIC-X RTX 3090, which I ordered directly from PNY via phone. 

Is it worth calling Asus to order a Strix 3090 directly from them?
  • BluRayHiDef
    BluRayHiDef ✭✭
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited October 2020
    I've been lucky. I've got two RTX 30 Series cards: an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming, which I bought at Brooklyn-NY's Micro Center, and a PNY XLR8 REVEL EPIC-X RTX 3090, which I ordered directly from PNY via phone. 

Is it worth calling Asus to order a Strix 3090 directly from them?
    What would you have to lose? It doesn't hurt to try.

I called PNY specifically because I had read that they began in New York City, which is where I live, and I assumed that they were still based here and that I could just go to their office or warehouse and buy a card directly from them (LOL). However, I learned that they're now based in New Jersey. 

Anyhow, I called them and they informed me that they didn't have cards at that moment but could put me on a waiting list, which I agreed to be put on. I didn't put all of my faith into that waiting list and got whatever card that I could in the meantime, which wound up being the RTX 3080 FTW3. A week after I got the FTW3, which was a month after I was put on PNY's waiting list, they called me back and told me that they had cards in stock; I ordered the 3090, which is the card that I originally wanted. 

So, if you call Asus or whichever other AIB directly, you may get lucky. It doesn't hurt to try. 
  • Any Lines forming at Westbury NY or Flushing NY for RTX 3070? Its raining lol
  • Is it worth calling Asus to order a Strix 3090 directly from them?
    They will likely list it here whenever its released - Can't find a date for it: https://store.asus.com/us/category/graphicscards
    I assume the 3070 will be made available on their store tomorrow at launch time (6a PDT/ 9a EDT).
  • Thanks guys for the update will let you know if i get lucky.
  • @DarkDraken
    If you can get ahold of one, go for it. They're pretty high demand so good luck getting it.
  • Anyone else reconsidering their 3070 camp-out after hearing AMD’s offerings?
  • Anyone else reconsidering their 3070 camp-out after hearing AMD’s offerings?
    I’m still going for the 3070 this evening. If 12+ hours of waiting results in no gpu then I’ll be making the switch to team red.
  • Anyone going to the location in Westmont, IL? I’m interested in picking up a 3070 tomorrow morning, my plan is to get in line this evening after work. Hopefully somebody can score one, I’d rather another gamer get a card over a bot any day of the week. 
    I was second in line, at 5:40 a.m., for a 3080 on tuesday morning. There was oy 8 people on line by 8 a.m. One card came in and the guy that got there at 5:20, got the card. So, I would say, the earlier, the better. 
    I was told the line for the 3080 at launch was wrapped around the building by 8 a.m.
  • DarthPancho
    DarthPancho ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    There’s about 68 in line at Tustin. Check-in system in place.
  • There’s about 68 in line at Tustin. Check-in system in place.
    How does one find out when their Microcenter store check-in system starts? Is this something per store? Or do I actually have to drive to the store and figure that out myself? I was planning to camp 3-4 hrs ahead of their new opening time but if there's a waitlist then I would be screwed..
  • Anybody lining up in Brentwood MO?
  • @DarthPancho no way darth is there really 68 people at Tustin? i was just there only saw about 18 chairs outside. Should i still come and give it a shot?

• DarthPancho
    DarthPancho ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    tkx0 said:
    There’s about 68 in line at Tustin. Check-in system in place.
    How does one find out when their Microcenter store check-in system starts? Is this something per store? Or do I actually have to drive to the store and figure that out myself? I was planning to camp 3-4 hrs ahead of their new opening time but if there's a waitlist then I would be screwed..
  • DarthPancho
    DarthPancho ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @DarthPancho no way darth is there really 68 people at Tustin? i was just there only saw about 18 chairs outside. Should i still come and give it a shot?

• Any update on lines or number of 3070 cards at the St. Louis Park, Minnesota location. Wondering if it’s worth it to wait in this cold.
  • any updates on 3070 cards at the Cambridge MA location?
  • Number 19 in Flushing NY. They have a list in case you have to goto the bathroom fyi.
  • @Dudy
    Any word on stock, or if they're expecting to have.. more than 19?
  • anyone at the St Davids location? Whats it looking like there?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99