RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• Edward_V
    Options
    Any advice on the best day to check the Brooklyn store for stock?
  • Now that we're about a week out from launch of the 3070, can any Micro Center employees update us on expectations for how launch day is going to work compared to the 3080 launch? Is stock going to still be an issue with the 3070, as rumors are beginning to abound on nVidia's forums and subreddit? 
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I know we'll have some 3070s but I don't have any specifics on makes/models and counts at this time. With the way things have been going, I don't think there will be many cards available, unfortunately. It seems that the demand will still exceed the availability.
  • CobraKai
    Options
    Will Micro Center get any Asus Strix 3090s tomorrow Oct 21st? Best Buy days they will be expecting some Oct 21st.
  • yungfoot
    Options
    So I went to Cambridge MC today. No cards, guy said they have 0 communication so they have no idea WHEN the shipments come and how MUCH each shipment will contain. Said showing up at opening isnt even best chances, because the shipment might show up at 2pm you never know. Legitimately have to just get lucky with a shipment timing until they make more cards.
  • Simz
    Options
    Has anyone gone to the MCs in New York this week? If so, any cards/luck? What time did you go? I'm thinking of going on one of the weekdays this week.
  • GLuE
    GLuE ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • GLuE
    Options

3:49am at the Tustin Store. 21 people in line. Camping is real. 
  • JamesNunez
    Options
    Number 16 on the list at the Tustin store is a scalper posting online  about it.
    There are three or four others in his group as well.
    It is his third card and he is making more then the store employees do by just waiting in line. There are no ID checks or anything,

I suggest consumers reach out to Nvidia directly about the scalping issue at this retailer. They have tip lines for these things.
  • Aaron_H
    Options
    I went to the Fairfax MC on Monday of last week at 9am, and was 3rd physically in line. Found out that there was a "scan/waitlist" as well, which put me at 4 or 5. Waited until opening, to be told there were no shipments on Monday. Went back the next day at 9am and was 1st in line physically, and somewhere around that on the waitlist as well. Saw people going in for about 30 minutes and wondered what was up, went inside to see if I missed something (turned out they open an hour early on Tuesdays for people at higher risk of COVID). Asked an employee about any possible stock for the day in which he said they do it completely by waitlist now: you sign up via the waitlist and if they get any they go down the line and text you asking if you're able to come buy one: the list resets every night apparently as well. Every day since then I have signed up on the waitlist; been as high as 3rd or 4th, and seen numbers get up in the 20s. Never received a text. I was wondering if this is the case for other locations/if this is an actual thing or just MC possibly trying to keep people from camping. I don't want to spend this time waiting in hopes of getting a text when I could check physically every so often.
  • GLuE
    Options
    Tustin got 23 evga 3080 this morning. 
  • DarkDraken
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    Will Micro Center get any Asus Strix 3090s tomorrow Oct 21st? Best Buy days they will be expecting some Oct 21st.

Piggyback on this comment, will MC ever get the Asus Strix 3090s in?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    I haven't seen any delivered today. I know that we're expecting them as they are in our system and we have orders for the product. However, I don't know when we'll have them in stock.
  • JamesNunez
    Options
    Turns out one of the Tustin scalpers is also a Microcenter employee.
    Good luck to all of us normies lol.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    @JamesNunez Mind sending me a DM about this? MC employees are actually not able to purchase any 3000 series cards at this time. I'd like to get any info you have on this so that we can look into it. 😊
  • Devon21
    Options
    Is something off this week? First time since September Cambridge MA has had two days without cards. Talk of NJ/NY is that there's no more cards coming this week. 
  • StootSlap
    Options
    Devon21 said:
    Is something off this week? First time since September Cambridge MA has had two days without cards. Talk of NJ/NY is that there's no more cards coming this week. 
    Well, Mayfield Ohio location has supposedly only had 2 shipments since launch day, so sounds like you guys have been real lucky.
  • DarkDraken
    Options
    LandShark said:
    I haven't seen any delivered today. I know that we're expecting them as they are in our system and we have orders for the product. However, I don't know when we'll have them in stock.

I see the page is up now, thank you for that update. I guess just keep checking back / go to the store in the morning.
  • mittortz
    Options
    Devon21 said:
    Talk of NJ/NY is that there's no more cards coming this week. 
    how credible is that beyond "talk"? I was planning on camping out tonight, not trying to waste my time if there's any real reason to think that this week is a total dud.
  • numpsy
    Options
    Hoping to head to the St. Davids store tomorrow morning to see if anything came in - any ideas?
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Camping out is ridiculous especially when you don't know for a fact that they are getting them in. I would just show up early in the morning. Up to you but waiting that long overnight to me is plain stupid if you don't know they are getting them or not. My MC took 3 days after the 3080 Asus Strix showed up on MC's website to actually be sold that morning so have fun waiting 2-3 days. If you don't believe I could care less, I know that I ain't camping out overnight.
  • Sunny2439
    Options
    Aaron_H said:
    I went to the Fairfax MC on Monday of last week at 9am, and was 3rd physically in line. Found out that there was a "scan/waitlist" as well, which put me at 4 or 5. Waited until opening, to be told there were no shipments on Monday. Went back the next day at 9am and was 1st in line physically, and somewhere around that on the waitlist as well. Saw people going in for about 30 minutes and wondered what was up, went inside to see if I missed something (turned out they open an hour early on Tuesdays for people at higher risk of COVID). Asked an employee about any possible stock for the day in which he said they do it completely by waitlist now: you sign up via the waitlist and if they get any they go down the line and text you asking if you're able to come buy one: the list resets every night apparently as well. Every day since then I have signed up on the waitlist; been as high as 3rd or 4th, and seen numbers get up in the 20s. Never received a text. I was wondering if this is the case for other locations/if this is an actual thing or just MC possibly trying to keep people from camping. I don't want to spend this time waiting in hopes of getting a text when I could check physically every so often.
    What time are you lining up to be on the list?
  • Aaron_H
    Aaron_H ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    At all times (usually by 8 or 9am): I check the waitlist as early as 5am and there's already people on it. 
  • Sunny2439
    Options
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    At all times (usually by 8 or 9am): I check the waitlist as early as 5am and there's already people on it. 
    If you're lining up at 8 or 9 am, then that's a bit too late. I believe they start taking names down at 7 AM when the manager comes out to do so. Today was my first day being on the list, and I didn't get any text today either...
  • CobraKai
    Options
    Well, my MC does not take down names and yes a line usually forms every day. I haven't seen anyone camping out overnight which is nuts if you don't know something is coming the next day.  By all means camp out, good luck to ya, as I won't be.
  • Aaron_H
    Options
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    If you're lining up at 8 or 9 am, then that's a bit too late. I believe they start taking names down at 7 AM when the manager comes out to do so. Today was my first day being on the list, and I didn't get any text today either...
    That's the thing: the list is meant so that we don't have to physically "line up". I've been pretty high on the list most days, but I actually received a text yesterday a few hours after I posted saying that they received all shipments and no 3080s were in. Weird. 
  • Sunny2439
    Options
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    That's the thing: the list is meant so that we don't have to physically "line up". I've been pretty high on the list most days, but I actually received a text yesterday a few hours after I posted saying that they received all shipments and no 3080s were in. Weird. 
    Whaaa? I haven't received a text like that... But then again, I've only been once. I really hope we're not getting swindled as a way for us not to be there to wait for the cards. Also, you've been there a few times with being one of the first people in line. Hopefully, the stock is just really slow currently and nothing is up.
  • Aaron_H
    Options
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Whaaa? I haven't received a text like that... But then again, I've only been once. I really hope we're not getting swindled as a way for us not to be there to wait for the cards. Also, you've been there a few times with being one of the first people in line. Hopefully, the stock is just really slow currently and nothing is up.
    Yeah I only received one once though, so not sure what that means. That's what I'm saying. One place got like 23 cards the other day so I'm hoping to see that same luck. I need one to finish my new PC heh.
  • Sunny2439
    Options
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Sunny2439 said:
    Aaron_H said:
    Yeah I only received one once though, so not sure what that means. That's what I'm saying. One place got like 23 cards the other day so I'm hoping to see that same luck. I need one to finish my new PC heh.
    I sold my 2080 Super, and I'm currently stuck with a 970. FML. Alright, let's see what happens continuing on.
  • Amaredeus
    Options
    This is getting out of hand. I’m in the east coast and by 7 am there’s already 12 people on the list. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99