RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• MaxHeadroom
    Options
    Did Chicago receive any cards today?
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    Any update on Dallas Location?
  • Dex_Lucis5
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Did anyone go to the Brooklyn one today? Was there any stock?
    Enjoy your MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080. 
    Are you by any chance the employee who helped me out today? In case you are, I just wanna say thank you again!

For anyone still hunting at their local microcenter, my experience today was pretty great. I was first in line at the brooklyn location, showed up around 7:30 AM and when I walked into the store, I asked the first employee I saw if they had any in stock and he said they didn't. I was about to walk out immediately but decided to scout out PSU prices before leaving. One of the other employees was then asked by the rest of the group waiting in line about the 3080s stock and he told them that when he came into work he noticed me standing at the front of the line before anyone else was there and wanted to make sure I had a chance to buy it before he gave it to anyone else. He tracked me down in the store and told me they had one single unit in stock and told me it was mine if I wanted it. Obviously, I was extremely happy and paid for it asap. I stayed in the store and ran into him again and he helped me pick out a PSU as well, with his recommendation I ended up buying that too. One of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had at a retail chain.

I assume the first employee was just unaware that they had one in stock because it was kept in the back. I don't blame him but it would have been pretty sad if I had just walked out. Luckily, things turned out alright and I wish the rest of the crowd the best of luck. They helped point me out to the employee who was searching for me and that is something they didn't need to do. Appreciate it!
  • BluRayHiDef
    Options
    Are you by any chance the employee who helped me out today? In case you are, I just wanna say thank you again!
    No, I'm the guy who was directly behind you in line. 
  • CrispyBudder
    CrispyBudder ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Can y’all give me some tips on how I can get my hand on the 3090. I’m building my pc and all I have left to get is a 3090 but I can’t get any luck with getting one. If anyone have any tips or knows anything about restocking times please let me know so I can have a chance of getting this card
  • Dex_Lucis5
    Options

Ahh man, it really sucks they only had one. Hope you get it soon. For what its worth, the employee told me that they got two different models yesterday around noon. Hoping you end up getting yours asap.
  • Dex_Lucis5
    Options
    Can y’all give me some tips on how I can get my hand on the 3090. I’m building my pc and all I have left to get is a 3090 but I can’t get any luck with getting one. If anyone have any tips or knows anything about restocking times please let me know so I can have a chance of getting this card
    No one really knows. Your best bet is to be first in line when they open and hope they have one available. To the best of my knowledge, restocking happens at any time during business hours but most common for the Brooklyn location seems to be first thing in the morning or right around noon. Cant speak for any other location.
  • BluRayHiDef
    Options

Ahh man, it really sucks they only had one. Hope you get it soon. For what its worth, the employee told me that they got two different models yesterday around noon. Hoping you end up getting yours asap.
    I want an RTX 3090, not an RTX 3080. So, I don't mind that I didn't get the card, but thanks for your condolence and congrats on getting what you wanted. Hopefully, they get some 3090s soon. 
  • tehorg
    Options
    Columbus got 5 Asus Rog Strix 3080 this morning!  I was #6 in line.... lol.... I guess I should have skipped the shower 😅
  • Acidline
    Options
    Not sure what the two guys with vouchers got but Chicago had Zotac Trinity this morning. I passed on it.
  • tehorg
    Options
    Acidline said:
    Not sure what the two guys with vouchers got but Chicago had Zotac Trinity this morning. I passed on it.
    I probably would have too. I would be happy with any of the Asus or Evga Cards..... might still be happy with an MSI gamin x trio....but not sure id like my money going to them with their drama of late. 

• Acidline
    Options
    Same. I have time to wait so I'll hold out for a Tuf or Strix. I could have just turned around and sold the Zotac but I dont really need the money and don't wanna contribute to the overall problem.
  • Zylar
    Zylar
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi, I'm curious about restocks of the Asus Tuf 3080 in the MD/VA/PA locations. Have they been getting restocked at all there since launch? If so, are restocks just a random time/day of the week? Is there any history available of when past restocks have happened to track?
  • Temjin
    Temjin
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Does the Brentwood store have any 3090s in stock? 
  • noomi85
    noomi85
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Tried the NJ - Paterson location again this morning, lined up extra early and was 1st in line.
    We got 8 cards. 6 Asus 3080 TUF OC and 2 3080 MSI Gaming x Trio's
    Snagged a TUF OC, my quest is done.
    tehorg said:
    Columbus got 5 Asus Rog Strix 3080 this morning!  I was #6 in line.... lol.... I guess I should have skipped the shower 😅
    Holy shit nice! Must be one of the first locations in the US to get these. Was it the OC version?

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    @Temjin

I have merged your thread to this main discussion thread.  I have not read or heard of any 3090s being in stock at the Brentwood location.  

It does look like lines are shorter and we are seeing stock of 3080s coming in.  That's all good!  Especially after reading this article about the 3080 and 3090 Shortages lasting until 2021.  https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-ceo-geforce-rtx-3080-and-3090-shortages-to-last-until-2021 
  • tehorg
    tehorg
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    noomi85 said:
    Tried the NJ - Paterson location again this morning, lined up extra early and was 1st in line.
    We got 8 cards. 6 Asus 3080 TUF OC and 2 3080 MSI Gaming x Trio's
    Snagged a TUF OC, my quest is done.
    tehorg said:
    Holy shit nice! Must be one of the first locations in the US to get these. Was it the OC version?

Im not sure.... when it was apparent the 5 in front of me were intent on using their vouchers I went home and ate breakfast and chastised myself for not being the early bird. I would GUESS it would be the 849 model since the website has those listed but out of stock? and congrats on your TUF.... i would be super happy with that too! 
  • Bonenthugz
    Options
    Just wondering when does the line usually begin before the store opens? Also how was the Tustin store been like with the 3080s?
  • Hello everyone. Thought i'd share my experience on my hunt for a 3080 so far. 
    What DOESN'T work:
    Calling Microcenter local/call center numbers
    Asking Sales reps for updates on when cards will be in
    Looking for insider info from sales reps
    Trusting the call center folks on "insider" tips of deliveries
    DONT RELY ON THE WEBSITE AT ALL - STOCK NEVER GETS UPDATED BECAUSE THE CARDS SELL OUT BEFORE IT CAN EVEN BE UPDATED. 
    What DID work:
    Going to the store EVERYDAY an hour before they open, the rush has calmed down a bit and usually only 4-10 ppl are there. You can go earlier than an hour if you really wanna secure your card. 
    Ask sales reps the average timing of the delivery trucks arriving and stay until that truck arrives from the moment the store opens. 

This is what i did and i finally got my EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 card yesterday. I went literally every single day since last Friday 10/2 and it was the only way i could get it. My store for reference was Sharonville, OH. What i also noticed is that there is so much bad info being spread, even by MicroCenter sales reps/managers at the location you're shopping for. Trust no one and just keep showing up. One example for me is i went on Tuesday this week, was the only person in line, when they opened they stated that they had no stock coming in today and that i could go home. 2 hours later i was in the area and stopped in again to try my luck (despite being told they wont have jack) and saw someone in checkout with a Asus Tuf 3080! They got only one card that day, you bet that left me with a sour taste. SO TRUST NO ONE, SHOW UP EVERYDAY. if you are determined you will get it. 

Ill get off my box now, good luck!!!! And yes i am the youtuber TSB ;)
  • tehorg
    Options
    Hello everyone. Thought i'd share my experience on my hunt for a 3080 so far. 
    What DOESN'T work:
    DONT RELY ON THE WEBSITE AT ALL - STOCK NEVER GETS UPDATED BECAUSE THE CARDS SELL OUT BEFORE IT CAN EVEN BE UPDATED. 
    What DID work:
    Going to the store EVERYDAY an hour before they open, the rush has calmed down a bit and usually only 4-10 ppl are there. You can go earlier than an hour if you really wanna secure your card. 
    Ask sales reps the average timing of the delivery trucks arriving and stay until that truck arrives from the moment the store opens. 

This is what i did and i finally got my EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 card yesterday. I went literally every single day since last Friday 10/2 and it was the only way i could get it. My store for reference was Sharonville, OH. What i also noticed is that there is so much bad info being spread, even by MicroCenter sales reps/managers at the location you're shopping for. Trust no one and just keep showing up. One example for me is i went on Tuesday this week, was the only person in line, when they opened they stated that they had no stock coming in today and that i could go home. 2 hours later i was in the area and stopped in again to try my luck (despite being told they wont have jack) and saw someone in checkout with a Asus Tuf 3080! They got only one card that day, you bet that left me with a sour taste. SO TRUST NO ONE, SHOW UP EVERYDAY. if you are determined you will get it. 

Video review or it didn’t happen 😀
  • Freeebeard
    Options
    Just wondering when does the line usually begin before the store opens? Also how was the Tustin store been like with the 3080s?

The line usually starts the night before. Honestly, I think it's a waste of time right now. Today I came three hours before opening, and there were more than 20 people ahead of me. When the manager came out around 9:30 he told us there were no cards that day, but that the "good news" was that they would be getting 4 cards tomorrow. He was pretty rude to the people asking him questions too. He knew that they were 3080 cards, but didn't even know what brand. I'm kind of fed up with Mircocenter right now. This isn't the first time I've had a negative experience with the Tustin store management. I guess now that Frys is gone, they think they're the only game in town and can treat customers like dirty peasants. What's worse, when I got home I saw that there was a new listing for a sold out ASUS ROG Strix 3080 that wasn't there the night before. So the manager was either lying, or poorly informed. Either way, he did an excellent job of making us feel unwelcome. Not sure if I'm going to check back any more.
  • Just wondering when does the line usually begin before the store opens? Also how was the Tustin store been like with the 3080s?

The line usually starts the night before. Honestly, I think it's a waste of time right now. Today I came three hours before opening, and there were more than 20 people ahead of me. When the manager came out around 9:30 he told us there were no cards that day, but that the "good news" was that they would be getting 4 cards tomorrow. He was pretty rude to the people asking him questions too. He knew that they were 3080 cards, but didn't even know what brand. I'm kind of fed up with Mircocenter right now. This isn't the first time I've had a negative experience with the Tustin store management. I guess now that Frys is gone, they think they're the only game in town and can treat customers like dirty peasants. What's worse, when I got home I saw that there was a new listing for a sold out ASUS ROG Strix 3080 that wasn't there the night before. So the manager was either lying, or poorly informed. Either way, he did an excellent job of making us feel unwelcome. Not sure if I'm going to check back any more.
    this is why i say dont trust them. They tell people to leave all the time. Honestly they may not even know what they got. But the fact that you saw the new listing means they got that card in that day and it sold out before they could even list it with available inventory. Follow my tips and you'll get one. 
  • tehorg said:
    Hello everyone. Thought i'd share my experience on my hunt for a 3080 so far. 
    What DOESN'T work:
    What DID work:

Video review or it didn’t happen 😀
    You bet sir! Keep an eye on my channel, taking me longer to post because of work and my rig is custom looped and i dont have a water block for this card....... so i've got my work cut out for me. Hopefully video will be up on Saturday evening if all goes smooth!!! 
  • Freeebeard
    Options
    this is why i say dont trust them. They tell people to leave all the time. Honestly they may not even know what they got. But the fact that you saw the new listing means they got that card in that day and it sold out before they could even list it with available inventory. Follow my tips and you'll get one. 
    I don't have time for this bullshit though. I have job I have to go to. Besides, why should I give my hard earned money to people who clearly don't respect me? I'll wait and buy a card from a reputable dealer, if there even is such a thing any more, when they become more available.
  • I'm getting conflicting information here. I texted the Columbus location about waiting in line for 30xx, specifically the 3070 launch coming up, and I was told they do not allow overnight camping or lines. However, I'm reading a lot of these threads saying the opposite, and that waiting in line, sometimes overnight, is how they're snagging cards. So...which is it?
  • tehorg
    Options
    I'm getting conflicting information here. I texted the Columbus location about waiting in line for 30xx, specifically the 3070 launch coming up, and I was told they do not allow overnight camping or lines. However, I'm reading a lot of these threads saying the opposite, and that waiting in line, sometimes overnight, is how they're snagging cards. So...which is it?
    I don’t know if people are camping “overnight” at Columbus or not.... but I’ve tried going a handful of times in the past two weeks including this morning. today I drive up about 8am and there were already around 10 people lined up. Yesterday I got there at 8:50am and was #6 in line with 5 rog 3080 cards available. I’ve also been there at 9:15 am and have been first in line with no cards available. I know this doesn’t help, but I would get there early if you want a “chance”. I would ultimately like to buy my card from microcenter because I really like the store, but another option would be to try to get in EVGAs que system for a 3070 as I’m guessing they will do it for that card series too. I’m probably going to end up getting my 3080 that way unless I randomly happen the stop by microcenter and they have the one I want.... but from what I’ve personally seen they sell so fast it’s a real gamble on whether or not you’ll have the chance. Good luck! 
  • tehorg
    Options
    I don't have time for this bullshit though. I have job I have to go to. Besides, why should I give my hard earned money to people who clearly don't respect me? I'll wait and buy a card from a reputable dealer, if there even is such a thing any more, when they become more available.
    Same.... I’d very much like to buy from microcenter but I can’t reasonably camp too often anymore. It would be great if they could institute a store que system like EVGA has done. Would save the consumer a lot of time. If they did that I would most likely wait to get my card from microcenter.... but as I’m fairly sure I want and evga card I’m going to get one from there que system if it comes available to me before microcenter cards do....
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Of course you camp for it. There were people in california who waited five days in line for one
  • tehorg said:
    I'm getting conflicting information here. I texted the Columbus location about waiting in line for 30xx, specifically the 3070 launch coming up, and I was told they do not allow overnight camping or lines. However, I'm reading a lot of these threads saying the opposite, and that waiting in line, sometimes overnight, is how they're snagging cards. So...which is it?
    I don’t know if people are camping “overnight” at Columbus or not.... but I’ve tried going a handful of times in the past two weeks including this morning. today I drive up about 8am and there were already around 10 people lined up. Yesterday I got there at 8:50am and was #6 in line with 5 rog 3080 cards available. I’ve also been there at 9:15 am and have been first in line with no cards available. I know this doesn’t help, but I would get there early if you want a “chance”. I would ultimately like to buy my card from microcenter because I really like the store, but another option would be to try to get in EVGAs que system for a 3070 as I’m guessing they will do it for that card series too. I’m probably going to end up getting my 3080 that way unless I randomly happen the stop by microcenter and they have the one I want.... but from what I’ve personally seen they sell so fast it’s a real gamble on whether or not you’ll have the chance. Good luck! 
    Thanks for the heads up! In Pandemic Land I've got the ability to camp out early and work in a line if need be. After reading about the awful 3080 launch and nVidia stating they're working on more stock for 3070 launch I'm hoping for more structure for this one. 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    tehorg said:
    Thanks for the heads up! In Pandemic Land I've got the ability to camp out early and work in a line if need be. After reading about the awful 3080 launch and nVidia stating they're working on more stock for 3070 launch I'm hoping for more structure for this one. 
    3070 will be worse. It's the most popular card most people will want it. There's already a line at some locations for it

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99