RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• incred09
    Options
    There's already a line for the 3070, this is nuts. The guy said the line for the 3090 started twice as early as the 3080, so he figured the line for the 3070 would start twice as early as the 3090, so he got in line. He also said the 70 class cards are the most popular and are the card most people will get so he got in line already. This is insane.
    I'm hearing they delayed to the 29th, after release of RDNA2.... sucks for that fellow.
  • MaxHeadroom
    Options
    So has anyone been able to get their hands on a 3080 at the Chicago store since launch day?
  • JS_MC
    Options
    @MaxHeadroom Yes. I saw we had 5 on Friday. IIRC 4 ASUS TUF and 1 PNY. Nothing this morning that I've seen.
  • Dex_Lucis5
    Options
    Just came back from the Brooklyn store. Was first in line but unfortunately they didn't have any in stock. Manager told me he has no idea when there will be any stock available. Bummer.
  • Smaterblah
    Options
    Luca said:
    Could anyone chime in on whether there is a restock of the 3080s at St. David's square in PA? 
    Did you end up getting one? 
    I'm also wondering what their stock levels are now. 
    Thanks!
  • DAN707
    Options
    I see that landshark commented on the Chicago location receiving 5 cards Friday. Do you happen to know recent stock history on the Westmont location? Definitely don't have time to be going everyday to check.
  • elcid_777
    Options
    LandShark said:
    @SmolPotato Yes, I did see that some ASUS TUF cards were delivered at Tustin this morning.
    Hi, I purchased a Zotac Trinity 3080 from release day at Tustin. Zotac is a shoddy company. Their own Spectra software kills RGB on the cards and they have not issued a statement, fix or response and likely wont. (Same issues exists on all their RGB cards). They also nerfed this 3080 and it oefroma worst of all AIBs and even worse than FE. Performance nerf is due to gimped owter watter and power limit. I am very disappointed with this card, as are many and need to refund this and pick up a different 3080. Asus, whoever, anything besides Zotac. Problem is Micro Center seems to have horrific communication with their distributors/vendors and basically think the customer wants to apend every waking minute wondering about when next shippment is coming. I live over an hour away and cannot simply drive there just to see if stock is in. Thats a two hour round trip not counting time in traffic and gas money. Micro Center did a very poor job at release and continues to handle this poorly. Not sure why they are content with letting everyone run a rat race to get one of these stupid thinfs furing the middle of global pandemic. Cant even make a notify me list or do reservations. I plan on going down there this week to exchange my card, but since Micro Center wants to play the "we have no idea when stock" is coming nonsense, I am left in the dark and have to take a chance.
  • JS_MC
    JS_MC admin
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2020
    Options
    DAN707 said:
    I see that landshark commented on the Chicago location receiving 5 cards Friday. Do you happen to know recent stock history on the Westmont location? Definitely don't have time to be going everyday to check.
    That's just what I had seen from another users post that I saw on social. They had their TUF card buckled in for safety on the way home. 😊 Based on the posts that I've seen your comments here on the community we're starting to get a more in from our partners, which is great news!
    elcid_777 said:
    LandShark said:
    @SmolPotato Yes, I did see that some ASUS TUF cards were delivered at Tustin this morning.
    Hi, I purchased a Zotac Trinity 3080 from release day at Tustin. Zotac is a shoddy company. Their own Spectra software kills RGB on the cards and they have not issued a statement, fix or response and likely wont. (Same issues exists on all their RGB cards). They also nerfed this 3080 and it oefroma worst of all AIBs and even worse than FE. Performance nerf is due to gimped owter watter and power limit. I am very disappointed with this card, as are many and need to refund this and pick up a different 3080. Asus, whoever, anything besides Zotac. Problem is Micro Center seems to have horrific communication with their distributors/vendors and basically think the customer wants to apend every waking minute wondering about when next shippment is coming. I live over an hour away and cannot simply drive there just to see if stock is in. Thats a two hour round trip not counting time in traffic and gas money. Micro Center did a very poor job at release and continues to handle this poorly. Not sure why they are content with letting everyone run a rat race to get one of these stupid thinfs furing the middle of global pandemic. Cant even make a notify me list or do reservations. I plan on going down there this week to exchange my card, but since Micro Center wants to play the "we have no idea when stock" is coming nonsense, I am left in the dark and have to take a chance.

Sorry to hear that you feel that way about the card your purchased. As long as you're within your return period, you're welcome to return the card for a refund or an exchange if there is a replacement available. Unfortunately, due to the limited availability of the new 30 series cards, we can't promise that an exchange will be available. I'm sorry to hear that we haven't met your expectations with this release. We are doing our best to be as transparent as possible with any information we have. We are waiting for new stock to be produced and shipped to us. I've shared in previous replies that we are going above and beyond our normal standards for getting shipments of new cards to our stores as quickly as possible. Please know that we will continue to do everything that we can to improve our process and to quickly get more inventory as soon as we're able!
  • LandShark said:
    DAN707 said:
    That's just what I had seen from another users post that I saw on social. They had their TUF card buckled in for safety on the way home. 😊 Based on the posts that I've seen your comments here on the community we're starting to get a more in from our partners, which is great news!
    elcid_777 said:
    LandShark said:

Sorry to hear that you feel that way about the card your purchased. As long as you're within your return period, you're welcome to return the card for a refund or an exchange if there is a replacement available. Unfortunately, due to the limited availability of the new 30 series cards, we can't promise that an exchange will be available. I'm sorry to hear that we haven't met your expectations with this release. We are doing our best to be as transparent as possible with any information we have. We are waiting for new stock to be produced and shipped to us. I've shared in previous replies that we are going above and beyond our normal standards for getting shipments of new cards to our stores as quickly as possible. Please know that we will continue to do everything that we can to improve our process and to quickly get more inventory as soon as we're able!
    You already have an online pick up system. Just do an in store queue sign up and change the parameters that people have 24 hours to come pick up the card once you notify them of their in stock.

It's not rocket science.

• DAN707
    Options
    Just a general question that anybody can chime in on. Is MC receiving 3090 partner cards from EVGA and Asus? Website shows PNY, MSI and Gigabyte only, and was just wondering cause someone I know is wanting an EVGA or Asus 3090 only.
  • Axel_McFly
    Options
    acroig said:
    Marietta location got 8 cards Friday around noon, was able to get an EVGA FTW3 Ultra. I'm not sure if the other 7 were FTW3 Ultras, but they didn't last long.

So unless you're spending all your waking time at a microcenter so you can get lucky enough to get one it's not gonna happen then.
    Why not make a wait list and notify people when the item in stock?

I asked an employee in person a few weeks ago about stock and they told me to email them as they were putting together a notification list. I specified the exact model i was looking for and they emailed me when they had stock. They didn't reserve it for me, just sent me an email and i raced there to get the card. I would try to talk to an employee at your MC in person and see if they have a similar system, because the Marietta location is also very bad at answering phone calls.
  • 10Hands
    Options
    Hello all,
    I am planning on buying the rtx 3080. But I would also like to get a capture card. So I'm wondering which capture card would go great with the 3080 without being locked in at certain resolution/ fps. Also would I be able to use a 240hz 1440p monitor with this graphics card at high frames/res? or would it be better to stick with a 10809 240hz monitor? this is my first build so I don't know to much about graphics cards.
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    just get in line and wait now
  • Joker4L
    Options
    Aronax said:
    Joker4L said:
    I have tried to call the Marietta Store so many times even before the 3080 was announced and they never answer their phones.   They are the closest to me but that is still a 4hr round trip drive.  It would be nice to be able to at least speak with someone before making the drive.
    Local stores don't answer the phone, so there's your first mistake.

Second mistake is calling at all. They have a central call center with no pertinent info about 3080/90s. 
    ahh your first mistake is talking out your ass.  I called the Duluth Store and they answered and provided me information.  It wasn't even about the 3080.  
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Joker4L said:
    Aronax said:
    Joker4L said:
    I have tried to call the Marietta Store so many times even before the 3080 was announced and they never answer their phones.   They are the closest to me but that is still a 4hr round trip drive.  It would be nice to be able to at least speak with someone before making the drive.

Second mistake is calling at all. They have a central call center with no pertinent info about 3080/90s. 
    ahh your first mistake is talking out your ass.  I called the Duluth Store and they answered and provided me information.  It wasn't even about the 3080.  
    No, they're correct. The only exception to that being if you specifically select the option (#3 I believe) to speak with the service desk regarding computer repairs, and they shouldn't be handling anything regarding inventory or sales. Otherwise when you call a store phone number it's routed through our call center based in the corporate office. 

You likely received information specifically because it wasn't about the 3080. We're able to accurately answer the vast majority of questions we get on our products under normal circumstances. The 3000 series is currently an exception simply because the way products are being distributed by the manufacturers to us is very inconsistent and changing constantly so we simply do not have concrete answers we can provide. 
  • Aronax
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    Joker4L said:
    Aronax said:
    Joker4L said:

No, they're correct. The only exception to that being if you specifically select the option (#3 I believe) to speak with the service desk regarding computer repairs, and they shouldn't be handling anything regarding inventory or sales. Otherwise when you call a store phone number it's routed through our call center based in the corporate office. 

You likely received information specifically because it wasn't about the 3080. We're able to accurately answer the vast majority of questions we get on our products under normal circumstances. The 3000 series is currently an exception simply because the way products are being distributed by the manufacturers to us is very inconsistent and changing constantly so we simply do not have concrete answers we can provide. 
    Guess he shoulda check himself before he wrecked himself. 
  • Oninaig
    Options
    Does Microcenter update their stock count online before opening the store? I ask because I want to make sure im not wasting my time watching for stock updates for my local store online and not just going to the store even when the stock count stays at 0 all day.
  • SmolPotato
    Options
    Oninaig said:
    Does Microcenter update their stock count online before opening the store? I ask because I want to make sure im not wasting my time watching for stock updates for my local store online and not just going to the store even when the stock count stays at 0 all day.
    I would say yes and no because by the time they list it online it will all be gone since there are people waiting outside for 2-3 hours before opening. Under normal circumstances they will update their stock online but this isn’t your typical norm. 
  • Oninaig
    Options
    Oninaig said:
    I would say yes and no because by the time they list it online it will all be gone since there are people waiting outside for 2-3 hours before opening. Under normal circumstances they will update their stock online but this isn’t your typical norm. 
    Hmm,

was just told that I should visit the store randomly throughout the day to see if they have any in stock. Is this legit? Like do you guys randomly get stock in throughout the day?

• TSPhillipT
    Options
    @Oninaig

This is correct, since our stores are getting drop crated directly from the manufacturer rather than our normal supply line, we do not have ETAs for when we are receiving them.  
  • JS_MC
    Options
    @SmolPotato is correct in this case. For the 30 series, we're currently listing them as "Limited Availability" when we do have them in stock. Simply because by the time most people have seen them in stock on the website, we are already sold out. As we have several people waiting in line outside the store.
    Oninaig said:
    Oninaig said:
    Hmm,

was just told that I should visit the store randomly throughout the day to see if they have any in stock. Is this legit? Like do you guys randomly get stock in throughout the day?
    We can get stock throughout the day, as we're getting direct shipments from the manufacturers. This isn't typical for us, but we've increased our shipping processes to get cards to you all as soon as possible. 😊
  • Oninaig
    Oninaig
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    So basically just visit MC throughout the day and hope they have randomly obtained a 3090 :P
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Oninaig said:
    So basically just visit MC throughout the day and hope they have randomly obtained a 3090 :P
    That's not incorrect. That's just how things are right now unfortunately. I wish we had more information on this but our hands are kind of tied because we're at the mercy of availability from the manufacturers. 
  • DAN707
    Options
    I took a shot in the dark by visiting the Chicago MicroCenter while I was down the street for work. They received two MSI 3080's this morning and there were people lined up outside before hours and bought them. I didn't press him for any more information cause I know they're tired of hearing and explaining it. He was very professional and courteous about it at least. He did mention Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday is best bet to get your hands on them at their location. 
  • Dex_Lucis5
    Options
    Did anyone go to the Brooklyn one today? Was there any stock?
  • BluRayHiDef
    Options
    Did anyone go to the Brooklyn one today? Was there any stock?
    Enjoy your MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080. 
  • Gorkster
    Options
    Anyone been to the Westmont, IL location the last few days? What was the experience like? Crowd size, stock per day etc? Tried to get some feedback from customer service via chat but couldn't get enough specifics to gauge if the risk of driving hours is worth it. Anecdotally I hear a lot of success people going to MCs but I haven't found much at all for this specific location.
  • noomi85
    noomi85
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    NJ had nothing today :(
    There were about 10 of us lined up.
  • ToolooKanu
    Options
    Hey, any luck with any stock of 3090 or 3080 at the Westbury,NY location?
  • Lilroyrmx
    Lilroyrmx
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Im just curious what people do for a living that they have all the time in the world to wait for a gpu at a store all day???

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99