RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• TheRaptorFence
    edited October 2020
    I wouldn't worry too much on that front. Anyone who is idiotic enough to wait 20 days for a 3070 can get one, and with Nvidia pushing back release 2 weeks for better stock, plus AMD Big Navi reveal the day before and their stock reported to be much greater than nVidias, I'm not too worried for picking up a mid-tier card. Just want to know if we're allowed to be in front of the store 24 hours in advance. Reading back ITT for CBus, sounds like so. 

If y'all will be at the 3070 launch I'll see you there! Take care!
  • Temjin said:
    Does the Brentwood store have any 3090s in stock? 
    They do not, I'm sorry! 
  • Oninaig said:
    Does Microcenter update their stock count online before opening the store? I ask because I want to make sure im not wasting my time watching for stock updates for my local store online and not just going to the store even when the stock count stays at 0 all day.
    The website for inventory on RTX Cards is inaccurate due to the item being sold out before it gets registered on the website. The best way to actually check inventory is to visit your Local Micro Center Store, I'm sorry. 
  • Did they remove some of the models from the website? It's only showing 4 now.
  • Was anyone able to get a 3080 at Dallas this morning?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Zylar said:
    Did they remove some of the models from the website? It's only showing 4 now.
    Models may come and go on the website depending on availability and what we actually are sent by manufacturers. 
  • Smaterblah
    edited October 2020
    Anyone know if the St. David's PA location is getting any 3080's in stock soon? I can't get any answer from the store and was wondering if any employees checking this page might be able to see? 
    Thanks!
  • Anyone know if the St. David's PA location is getting any 3080's in stock soon? I can't get any answer from the store and was wondering if any employees checking this page might be able to see? 
    Thanks!
    I second this!! Couldn’t get answer either when I called if they got any on said day and the response was why would we tell you that information come to the store and look for yourself. Umm excuse me...I was taken back by the attitude and might never go to a microcenter again. That is really poor customer service and the fact I explain coming from a different state, you’d think they’d be a bit more courteous.
  • PC_Pilot said:
    Was anyone able to get a 3080 at Dallas this morning?

No cards were available on Saturday at the Dallas location - was an enjoyable time hanging out with the crew waiting for cards but ultimately was to no avail.  They stated they do not anticipate any possible availability until Monday (no time given).

• Are people still waiting in line before opening at the Columbus location? Because of work, I'll never be able to do that lol. Just trying to gauge when there might be stock for me to get it during lunch lol.
  • Adalewyr
    Adalewyr ✭✭
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 2020
    The Dallas store got 13 cards this morning (Monday 10/12). 6 EVGA FTW3 and 7 Asus STRIX. If I recall correctly correctly, that was the dispersion.  We had at least 23 in line.  The first person started the line started at 10:30pm. Microcenter said they expect 2 trucks tomorrow. They did not guarantee cards will be on the trucks, but stressed two trucks are scheduled to arrive.  Good luck everyone, my search is over though (I got one of the STRIX cards)!
  • Mario said:
    Anyone know if the St. David's PA location is getting any 3080's in stock soon? I can't get any answer from the store and was wondering if any employees checking this page might be able to see? 
    Thanks!
    I second this!! Couldn’t get answer either when I called if they got any on said day and the response was why would we tell you that information come to the store and look for yourself. Umm excuse me...I was taken back by the attitude and might never go to a microcenter again. That is really poor customer service and the fact I explain coming from a different state, you’d think they’d be a bit more courteous.
    Wow! That is really awful. I haven't had that experience personally. I think this whole entire launch and the chaos around it has made the employees extremely stressed out. 
    Microcenter- you guys REALLY need to get something formal in place to manage this. If not for your customers (probably a vocal minority as the majority aren't on these forums of course), then for the sake of your own employees' collective sanity!
  • Mario said:
    Thanks!
    Wow! That is really awful. I haven't had that experience personally. I think this whole entire launch and the chaos around it has made the employees extremely stressed out. 
    Microcenter- you guys REALLY need to get something formal in place to manage this. If not for your customers (probably a vocal minority as the majority aren't on these forums of course), then for the sake of your own employees' collective sanity!
    Imagine every single day people waiting in line outside and when you tell them you got no cards, they ask the same questions over and over 'when will you get them?' and the only answer is 'when we get them,' which they refuse to accept  I'd be burnt out by now.
  • Zylar
    Zylar
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Anyone know where to line up at the Rockville MD store? The MC is in a mall that has multiple entrances. Not sure what time the mall opens, but if waiting outside, idk which entrance would be the one to wait at.
  • StootSlap said:
    Mario said:
    Thanks!
    Imagine every single day people waiting in line outside and when you tell them you got no cards, they ask the same questions over and over 'when will you get them?' and the only answer is 'when we get them,' which they refuse to accept  I'd be burnt out by now.
    I was lucky enough to get the FE on an Nvidia restock so none of this camping/calling in stuff applies to me.
    Imagine the people camping, waiting every single day and even taking time off possibly to get something they consider as a hobby, passion, or even for their work asking questions, NOT forcing them to do anything that's out of reach from their job description. I think that is a lot worse than employees who are working in retail WHILE getting paid and getting asked a simple question, it would be a completely different story if they were somehow not getting paid for the job. Sure I'd be annoyed as well, but at the same time I'd think of how difficult it may be for those customers at the same time. No need to be rude, and this applies to both parties - Customers & Employees. Maybe from now on when you get a job at retail it needs to be clearly stated in the Employee Handbook or during interview process "Must be able to answer customer's questions in regards to stock/inventory/launches, if this will make your life hell, don't bother applying"
    My post is in relation to what happened in the original post. If all he really did was just call and ask if they had inventory, and employee responded with why he/she should tell him and to come look for yourself. Unacceptable. Thankfully, I haven't had that experience with my local MC. They're actually pretty helpful anytime I ask them a question. Even had some great conversations about the Ampere cards prior to launch.
  • Zylar said:
    Anyone know where to line up at the Rockville MD store? The MC is in a mall that has multiple entrances. Not sure what time the mall opens, but if waiting outside, idk which entrance would be the one to wait at.
    I'll assume the mall is open way before MC's 10AM opening time.
  • Hey guys, does anyone in Socal/Tustin know if there will be any 3080s at Micro Center (Asus Tuf, strix, evga..etc.) in stock this week? I really need to ref3jnd and exchange the Zotac Trinity I have before the return period is up. The RGB issue is not being fixed by Zotac and their overall customer support, or rather lack thereof, and shoddy build quality has pushed me to make this decision. I live about an hour away so I need to know before hand with some kind of certainty that stock will be available. I shouldnt have to be in this poaition as a customer. It is not my fault that Nvidia created this artifical RTX 30 series scarcity/vendors/warehouse not communicating properly with Micro Center.

I plan to drive out there this Thursday morning.
  • The dumbest thing about Micro Center is the inability to speak with someone at the actual store youre seeking information from. Instead everything is directed to a call center in Ohio?? What the hell?? I need to speak with someone at the Tustin store, not someone in Ohio. Whats the point of having a local store number if its routed to a call center??
  • Just wondering when does the line usually begin before the store opens? Also how was the Tustin store been like with the 3080s?

The line usually starts the night before. Honestly, I think it's a waste of time right now. Today I came three hours before opening, and there were more than 20 people ahead of me. When the manager came out around 9:30 he told us there were no cards that day, but that the "good news" was that they would be getting 4 cards tomorrow. He was pretty rude to the people asking him questions too. He knew that they were 3080 cards, but didn't even know what brand. I'm kind of fed up with Mircocenter right now. This isn't the first time I've had a negative experience with the Tustin store management. I guess now that Frys is gone, they think they're the only game in town and can treat customers like dirty peasants. What's worse, when I got home I saw that there was a new listing for a sold out ASUS ROG Strix 3080 that wasn't there the night before. So the manager was either lying, or poorly informed. Either way, he did an excellent job of making us feel unwelcome. Not sure if I'm going to check back any more.
    This is ridiculous to say the least. People are STILL waiting outside?? Fuck....people are fucking stupid a d Miceo Center is even worse. Theyve handled this abysmally to say the least. Absolutley ridiculous. I was planning on driving down there (2 hour round trip plus shitty socal traffic) but not if Im going to encounter this type of bs. Wtf is so hard about putting a waiting system in place? Evga is doing it and it works great from what I hear... really starting to dislike Micro Center as a whole....what an absolute SHIT show. Shame on Micro Center for not giving a phuck about the current state of the world and the fact that we're in the middle of gloval pandemic.
  • Of course you camp for it. There were people in california who waited five days in line for one
    Idiots with no life/responsibilities or job apparantly.
  • Oninaig said:
    Does Microcenter update their stock count online before opening the store? I ask because I want to make sure im not wasting my time watching for stock updates for my local store online and not just going to the store even when the stock count stays at 0 all day.
    The website for inventory on RTX Cards is inaccurate due to the item being sold out before it gets registered on the website. The best way to actually check inventory is to visit your Local Micro Center Store, I'm sorry. 
    You guys need to do a whole lot better than simply telll people "sorry, you need to come to the store and wait in line for hours" nonsense. It is mind boggling that you guys are incapable of setting up a simple waiting system like EVGA has done. If it wasnt for the fact that I can be refunded to a MC gift account only since it was purchased from MC (by another person whon gave me the receipt). Im stuck with micro center and cant even get exchange the card because you guys are doing such an awful job. 
  • Im basically stuck with a subpar (broken rgb, reference pcb, gimped power limit) card (Zotac Trinity) because I can only get a refund to MC gift card and my only option is to wait and guess and wait and guess and waste tons of gas, time, energy for another card and i have to do it all before my return window period is up. Thanks for your amazing customer support, Micro Center!! You guys are just the best../sarcasm
  • That is an amazing amount of whining, elcid_777
  • SlowRoddo
    SlowRoddo ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited October 2020
  • elcid_777 said:
    Hey guys, does anyone in Socal/Tustin know if there will be any 3080s at Micro Center (Asus Tuf, strix, evga..etc.) in stock this week? I really need to ref3jnd and exchange the Zotac Trinity I have before the return period is up. The RGB issue is not being fixed by Zotac and their overall customer support, or rather lack thereof, and shoddy build quality has pushed me to make this decision. I live about an hour away so I need to know before hand with some kind of certainty that stock will be available. I shouldnt have to be in this poaition as a customer. It is not my fault that Nvidia created this artifical RTX 30 series scarcity/vendors/warehouse not communicating properly with Micro Center.

I plan to drive out there this Thursday morning.
    I would say your chances are like everyone else's. Slim to none and Slim has left the building
  • anynews from dallas location today?
  • Adalewyr said:
    The Dallas store got 13 cards this morning (Monday 10/12). 6 EVGA FTW3 and 7 Asus STRIX. If I recall correctly correctly, that was the dispersion.  We had at least 23 in line.  The first person started the line started at 10:30pm. Microcenter said they expect 2 trucks tomorrow. They did not guarantee cards will be on the trucks, but stressed two trucks are scheduled to arrive.  Good luck everyone, my search is over though (I got one of the STRIX cards)!
    how long did you wait?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited October 2020
    elcid_777 said:
    Just wondering when does the line usually begin before the store opens? Also how was the Tustin store been like with the 3080s?

The line usually starts the night before. Honestly, I think it's a waste of time right now. Today I came three hours before opening, and there were more than 20 people ahead of me. When the manager came out around 9:30 he told us there were no cards that day, but that the "good news" was that they would be getting 4 cards tomorrow. He was pretty rude to the people asking him questions too. He knew that they were 3080 cards, but didn't even know what brand. I'm kind of fed up with Mircocenter right now. This isn't the first time I've had a negative experience with the Tustin store management. I guess now that Frys is gone, they think they're the only game in town and can treat customers like dirty peasants. What's worse, when I got home I saw that there was a new listing for a sold out ASUS ROG Strix 3080 that wasn't there the night before. So the manager was either lying, or poorly informed. Either way, he did an excellent job of making us feel unwelcome. Not sure if I'm going to check back any more.
    This is ridiculous to say the least. People are STILL waiting outside?? Fuck....people are fucking stupid a d Miceo Center is even worse. Theyve handled this abysmally to say the least. Absolutley ridiculous. I was planning on driving down there (2 hour round trip plus shitty socal traffic) but not if Im going to encounter this type of bs. Wtf is so hard about putting a waiting system in place? Evga is doing it and it works great from what I hear... really starting to dislike Micro Center as a whole....what an absolute SHIT show. Shame on Micro Center for not giving a phuck about the current state of the world and the fact that we're in the middle of gloval pandemic.
    elcid_777 said:
    Of course you camp for it. There were people in california who waited five days in line for one
    Idiots with no life/responsibilities or job apparantly.
    elcid_777 said:
    Oninaig said:
    You guys need to do a whole lot better than simply telll people "sorry, you need to come to the store and wait in line for hours" nonsense. It is mind boggling that you guys are incapable of setting up a simple waiting system like EVGA has done. If it wasnt for the fact that I can be refunded to a MC gift account only since it was purchased from MC (by another person whon gave me the receipt). Im stuck with micro center and cant even get exchange the card because you guys are doing such an awful job. 
    So there's a lot to respond to here, and I'm going to take it piece by piece. 

Consider this a warning. Calling our customers idiots or stupid because they decided to wait for a product is crossing a line. If you need, you can refresh yourself on the Community Code of Conduct. People are frustrated and the situations aren't always ideal, but we won't tolerate insulting our other customers in this way. It's okay to be frustrated, but it's not fine to take out that frustration on your peers and fellow tech enthusiasts because they happened to be able to show up early to a store or because they made a different choice than you would. They're just normal people who want to buy a cool new product. If you continue to insult people and use excessive profanity like this, we will be forced to take action.

Regarding the complaints about a waitlist, I really do understand, especially when there are some who live quite a distance from the store. But ultimately Micro Center has made a business decision to not implement a waitlist for the cards currently. I do not know the reasoning behind that because that's determined by people above my pay-grade, but that's the situation as it stands currently. You are welcome to voice your frustration and feedback on that, but do so respectfully and don't take that out on the employees that are here on the forum responding to you. We're just doing the best we can with what information we're given. 

Lastly, the store electing to offer you a return via in-store credit is perfectly normal given the circumstances. You didn't buy it from us, you chose to purchase it from somebody else. Receipt or not, we cannot refund you money that you never gave us in the first place. Store-credit is by far the most reasonable way to go in this situation. If that's not sufficient, then you should talk to whoever you purchased the card from to see if they're able to work with you on it. 

• 1 month later, there are still 20 people camping at microcenter. 
  • Can anyone in the St Louis area tell me if people have been camping overnight at the Brentwood store every night?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99