RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Any updates on the Dallas store?
  • virtualcld2
    edited October 2020
  • virtualcld
    edited October 2020
    elcid_777 said:
    Im basically stuck with a subpar (broken rgb, reference pcb, gimped power limit) card (Zotac Trinity) because I can only get a refund to MC gift card and my only option is to wait and guess and wait and guess and waste tons of gas, time, energy for another card and i have to do it all before my return window period is up. Thanks for your amazing customer support, Micro Center!! You guys are just the best../sarcasm
    @elcid_777
    If you are concerned with getting a refund within the return window, you could try and take advantage of EVGA's step-up program. You will need to confirm the details, but you can purchase an existing in-stock card, like an EVGA 2070 Super with your refund credit, register the card with EVGA, then immediately apply it towards a Step-Up (less than 90 days from purchase), where you will only pay the price different between the card you registered and the 3000 series card you want to upgrade to (plus shipping). Rumors were that the Step-Up program wait period wasn't as long, but that was before EVGA started their reservation system. Still, you can enjoy your new 2000 series card for as long as the wait period is and then send it in when your spot comes up in the queue. I would read through all of the details first to make sure this is for you, but it is another option.
  • elcid_777 said:
    Im basically stuck with a subpar (broken rgb, reference pcb, gimped power limit) card (Zotac Trinity) because I can only get a refund to MC gift card and my only option is to wait and guess and wait and guess and waste tons of gas, time, energy for another card and i have to do it all before my return window period is up. Thanks for your amazing customer support, Micro Center!! You guys are just the best../sarcasm
    @elcid_777
    If you are concerned with getting a refund within the return window, you could try and take advantage of EVGA's step-up program. You will need to confirm the details, but you can purchase an existing in-stock card, like an EVGA 2070 Super with your refund credit, register the card with EVGA, then immediately apply it towards a Step-Up (less than 90 days from purchase), where you will only pay the price different between the card you registered and the 3000 series card you want to upgrade to (plus shipping). Rumors were that the Step-Up program wait period wasn't as long, but that was before EVGA started their reservation system. Still, you can enjoy your new 2000 series card for as long as the wait period is and then send it in when your spot comes up in the queue. I would read through all of the details first to make sure this is for you, but it is another option.
    The step-up program is what I went with. Two weeks ago an employee at the St. Louis Park location told me they weren't getting any more shipments in until December so I gave up then. Had to finish my build...
  • Acidline
    Acidline
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Part of me still wants to go line up at 8 AM on random off days and see if I luck out on a Tuf or Strix, I'm also kinda glad I haven't been successful so far. At this point I'm gonna stop jumping into this hamster wheel, sit back and wait for some Navi/Zen 3 benchmarks, or maybe some release dates for the better 3080 skus. Not gonna complain or call out manufacturer/consumer actions, but if the manufacturers do want my money, they can provide enough supply for me to visit MC a single time and walk out with something.
  • Bobbydee said:
    elcid_777 said:
    @elcid_777
    The step-up program is what I went with. Two weeks ago an employee at the St. Louis Park location told me they weren't getting any more shipments in until December so I gave up then. Had to finish my build...
    Yet over these last 2 weeks, cards are being delivered to microcenters, it's just limited numbers and you have to be lucky enough to be there at the right time
  • Left the Micro Center in Tustin earlier today @ 4:30pm. There’s already like 3 people camping out for tomorrow. 
  • Acidline said:
    Part of me still wants to go line up at 8 AM on random off days and see if I luck out on a Tuf or Strix, 
    People are lined up far earlier than 8. Not worth the time going that late.
  • GLuE said:
    Left the Micro Center in Tustin earlier today @ 4:30pm. There’s already like 3 people camping out for tomorrow. 
    That's nuts.  I live very close to the Mayfield Ohio location.  This morning was my third time stopping looking for cards.  I have showed up at 9:55, 10:05 and again at 9:55.  The two times I got there before open, 3 other people were in line for video cards(other people were for other things).  Each time 4 of us walked to the video card section and were told no cards today(actually, today they were still checking and we had to wait a minute).  The day I arrived after open, I walked back to the video card section, asked them if they got any 3080's in, he said 'I'd need to check today's shipment' meaning no one else had asked already.
  • I'm extremely lucky compared to the rest of ya'll. Went to the Brooklyn Microcenter 3 days this week. Monday I got there at 8:30am, 2nd in line, no cards. Wednesday I got there around the same time, 2nd in line again, 2 MSI cards. The problem was that people had been there since 7am and they got vouchers, hence no card for me. Today I got there at 6:30am, 2nd in line again. Me and the guy spoke for 2 hours by ourselves until some recognizable faces from the other days arrived. At 9am they told us they had 5 EVGA cards and I was lucky enough to be 2nd in line and snag a card. If anybody else is near Brooklyn then I'd try there at least W-F. The line is non existent until about 8/8:30am. Shouldn't be that hard to be 2nd or 3rd in line if you get there by 7am. Good luck to the rest of ya'll. 
  • spauls121 said:
    Tim0808 said:
    spauls121 said:
    All 11 3090s for Houston have been accounted for; vouchers have been handed out

This is really messed up... If they were just going to hand them out to people without having to actually wait the time I would have been their early to...…..
    Keep in mind that the first guy got there at 7pm last night and I (#2) got there at about 11pm
    Sorry to have to discredit you, but I was there on the morning of the 24th, and I talked to several guys who were at the front of the line because one of them was a fellow Aggie. They told me that they had been camping out there since Monday of that week.

• Zylar said:
    Acidline said:
    Part of me still wants to go line up at 8 AM on random off days and see if I luck out on a Tuf or Strix, 
    People are lined up far earlier than 8. Not worth the time going that late.

I went to the Chicago store last Tuesday at 8 am and ended up 3rd in line behind two vouchers. All they got were Zotacs.
  • Anybody know if there’s people lined up at the Tustin location?
  • Anybody know what the stock for 3080s and 3090s was like in Brentwood, and when people started to line up?
  • Any updates on the ASUS STIX OC 3080 in any stores? Whats the stock look like? Also likely hood of getting a card at the FairFax location? Thank you.
  • Any updates on the ASUS STIX OC 3080 in any stores? Whats the stock look like? Also likely hood of getting a card at the FairFax location? Thank you.
    They don't know until they get their shipment if there will be any 3080's in it, nor the models.
  • DarkDraken
    DarkDraken ✭✭
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Got it, thank for that. I know some stores have been getting more cards then others but can anyone tell me how has the Fairfax location been doing ?
  • I've visited my local Micro Center (Brooklyn) every weekday morning this week and whenever they've had RTX 30 Series cards, they've always been 3080s - no 3090s. When will 3090s (preferably FTW3s) be in stock at the Brooklyn location?

I managed to get an EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 from there last week, but I really want an RTX 3090. I'd sell my 3080 to my brother if I can get a 3090.
  • Is the one per household limit per day? I have a friend going in to the Tustin location for his 4th card. He is going to resell them, says it works out to about $50 an hour profit to wait.

I was under the impression there was some kind of protection from scalpers, but it appears not.
  • I went to Marietta store last week Friday and they had a total of 6 cards, not sure what combination. Went this Friday and they had none come in. Some guy in line went on Tuesday and said they didn't get any on Tuesday either.
  • Acidline said:
    I went to the Chicago store last Tuesday at 8 am and ended up 3rd in line behind two vouchers. All they got were Zotacs.
    Lucky. In the MD area, people having been lining up around midnight every night with 10+ by 6am when the manager shows up to register the waitlist for the day.
  • Is the one per household limit per day? I have a friend going in to the Tustin location for his 4th card. He is going to resell them, says it works out to about $50 an hour profit to wait.

I was under the impression there was some kind of protection from scalpers, but it appears not.
    Hello @Jamesgames

This shouldn't be possible.  The One Per Household acts indefinitely until the item is no longer One Per Household.  I will definitely send a request out to the Tustin location to see if they can investigate this issue.  
  • elmalloc
    elmalloc ✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    StootSlap said:
    GLuE said:
    Left the Micro Center in Tustin earlier today @ 4:30pm. There’s already like 3 people camping out for tomorrow. 
    That's nuts.  I live very close to the Mayfield Ohio location.  This morning was my third time stopping looking for cards.  I have showed up at 9:55, 10:05 and again at 9:55.  The two times I got there before open, 3 other people were in line for video cards(other people were for other things).  Each time 4 of us walked to the video card section and were told no cards today(actually, today they were still checking and we had to wait a minute).  The day I arrived after open, I walked back to the video card section, asked them if they got any 3080's in, he said 'I'd need to check today's shipment' meaning no one else had asked already.
    I was planning on hitting up Mayfield, but I don't live as close as you, I'm an hour away. Also, I haven't been in town lately so it's been tough, but searching online has been ridiculous. Clicking add to cart at 3AM for 10 minutes and failing has been tiring lol.

So what you're saying is it sounds like people in Mayfield aren't that interested in the cards? Have you gotten a card from them yet?

I did call Mayfield and they said it's hard to say but they get about 5-6 cards at a time and less often than we think (so less than one delivery a week), they said it's been about every 2 weeks. In my calculation that's only 2 deliveries including launch. I think I'm gonna give up looking until next year, clicking add to cart from various websites online has been a waste. GG NVidia lol.

Another person messaged me saying they asked a MC employee at mayfield about status and they said they won't get any more in until February, heh.

Based on your prior post you said they are forcing people to bundle. That might make sense because the employee wants the bonus. I need a PC with it so I'd go that route. I'm not 100% trusting that microcenter is telling us considering how much these cards are going for on ebay. That would be in line with one guy saying mc said come back in February, and the other saying they've had only two deliveries in a month.

Yes I know what I'm insinuating, I'm not accusing, I'm just saying it's human nature and it's probably happened before in some other situation.
  • I'm going to go pick up a 9700k at tustin. Are lines seriously still a thing? Should I just go now? This is dumb. I almost thought this was gonna be sneaky.
  • Felicity said:
    I'm going to go pick up a 9700k at tustin. Are lines seriously still a thing? Should I just go now? This is dumb. I almost thought this was gonna be sneaky.
    No one is in line for a 9700k, if they have them in stock, go whenever you want to, but do not go early and stand in line for one.
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    StootSlap said:
    Felicity said:
    I'm going to go pick up a 9700k at tustin. Are lines seriously still a thing? Should I just go now? This is dumb. I almost thought this was gonna be sneaky.
    No one is in line for a 9700k, if they have them in stock, go whenever you want to, but do not go early and stand in line for one.

I mean, to grab both. I know the 9700k will be easy to get.

But if there are 3080s shipped in at 10 I'm happy to leave in 2 hours instead of 3. tbh, that would probably set me for good. I might not even bother with the 9700k okay maybe I will I hate hyperthreading so much I just want cores
  • nothing in the morning they dunno if later at Tustin. I was like 34 in the line lol at 9:30.
  • yungfoot
    yungfoot
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Anyone been to cambridge recently? Was planning on going tomorrow to check out the situation.
  • elmalloc
    elmalloc ✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2020
    You got this situation from a guy posting on NowInStock, how is this possible? lol

"Boys it is safe to say my journey has ended, visited MC at Denver at 2 am camped out until opening I was second in line, was told there was no cards when we all went in, everyone decided to leave while I went to the bathroom to take a leak, I decided to check up on them one more time and magically there was one evga FTW3, all I have to say is that MC workers are trolls they don’t care wether you get them or not, it just so happens that the second everyone left there was one back in stock, good luck in the journey y’all boys"
  • Felicity
    Felicity ✭✭
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    I stayed for several hours in case that happened. There are dozens more people, in Tustin at least, also going to Microcenter for unrelated things. All the workers were fine. Just sounds like bs. I think everyone who was serious about it stayed at least a little while. Anyone I asked said 'idk' and it's not like they were checking if they didn't get any stock; there was literally no shipment. idk how other microcenters are but 'everyone leaving' is never a state of existence in MC it's like everyone leaving walmart. maybe when they're closed.

Considering I knew the answer I didn't want to bother the employees more than once so I just browsed and got more thermal paste since it's cheap af compared to amazon. Tustin MC I can walk around in like all day, it's just a wonderland

Also I had an accident on the way home (luckily not on the freeway, I guess I was more tired than I thought) so I ain't goin back for a while. No one hurt tho so I feel lucky. I really shoulda gotten a drink as I was leaving, I hydrated in the morning then kinda just walked around.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99