AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Comments

• B and H boys... B and H... preorders live for all CPU’s. Your welcome
  • DoctorGr1p
    edited November 2020
    The situation at Tustin MC as of 8:30PM 11/4: ~20 people are lined up outside the store in queue for the 5000 series launch however a list has already been established with well over 100 people who have already "secured there position in line" for whatever processor they want. They are no longer needed to be present until check-in times at 4am and 7am on launch day. The problem with this is MC sale of the CPUs are based off of a first come first serve basis. Despite that people were able to come and go as the please without having to physically wait in line, which is typically part of the FCFS process for items with limited availability. This is pretty unfair to the people who are willing to wait in line for however long in order to purchase the product. This system would have been better suited for a raffle giving people the equal opportunity of securing a CPU while saving many time and effort. I understand that this maybe a smarter move in light of COVID-19 however, I feel that MC should be doing more to organize these actual releases rather than leaving it up to the consumers waiting outside. I believe the system was inspired by the one started during the 30 series GPU releases as shown in BitWit's video on youtube, however that system was much more rigid with 30 minute check-in times and required potential buyers to be in queue for much longer times than not as FCFS queues should be. Whether or not the 100 or so people who've already signed up would've been willing to wait when they arrived until doors open, doesn't change the fact that the situation is what it is right now, that there is no real queue and that the list could have easily been manipulated preventing people who were more willing to wait to purchase their item from doing so.

TLDR: MC Tustin is getting run by a bunch of people who don't know how a first come first serve queue works. As someone whos camped out over the years for items with limited availability such as shoes, clothing, collectables, etc. This is pretty bullshit.
    I just left here (Tustin, CA) and I am so disappointed at how this is being handled (or not). When I walked up to the store I had to ask about 3 people (some I don't even know were employees) if I needed to put my name down or wait or come back in 30 minutes or what and they kinda looked at each other. They then told me to put my name and requested CPU down and come back at 4a for check in. I'm fully willing to wait it out over 12 hours but not if there's already 100+ people on this "list" for the 5900x like they said forget that I'll take my chances online. Not to mention how silent they are on the launch info when they know they will have high demand and people queueing up. This is the worst FCFS system I've ever experienced and I will most likely be waking up at 6a and ordering online from somewhere else. I expect this level of incompetency from somewhere like Fry's Electronics but this is really sad to see from Micro Center especially with how big the launch is.

EDIT: I should've also mentioned that they've been taking names all day long for Tustin, CA so that explains the long list. So unfair.
  • Wranglher said:
    @Sheepykin do you know how many 5900x they have in inventory
    I do not know I have heard a rumor that it is around 20 but I have 0 concrete evidence.
  • @dragonslayer maybe 20 most of us are in our cars keeping warm 
  • DOTmjo said:
    3080nao said:
    Anyone waiting in cambridge mass? Getting nervous watching all the online activity and might drive out from connecticut early to wait in line.
    If you want a 5900x or 5950....GO NOW if you want even a chance at it.  All of a sudden since 7pm EST the Cambridge people gone dark, something is up.
    Yeah, there is definitely a blackout on news coming out of Cambridge lol ......or absolutely no one is there. 

Yeah I'll be leaving now then. Will update upon arrival. 
  • The_GOAT
    The_GOAT
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    I called (Tustin) when they opened this morning, and this was never once mentioned as an option.   I was told they open at 9am launch day and it’s first come first serve.  I could come in and wait early if I’d like.  Had he mentioned I could come by and drop my name on a list, I would have been there.  This really sucks.  
  • You just saved me hours of pain. Got my order in, thank you so much for your service. 

GOAT
  • DOTmjo
    DOTmjo
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    no update on MA?
  • DOTmjo said:
    no update on MA?

Sorry as much as i was looking forward to the 6 hour round trip plus the 5 hour wait outside, no update from me. I got an order confirmation so that's the end of my journey. I hope someone else shows up early with an update though the message board has been super helpful! :)
  • dragonslayer
    edited November 2020
    B and H boys... B and H... preorders live for all CPU’s. Your welcome
    THIS MAN DESERVES AN AWARD! THANKS G, you saved me hours of sleep

• Any updates for NY Flushing or Brooklyn? 
  • Any update on the dallas location? How many 5800xs do they have as well?
  • 3080nao
    3080nao
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    DOTmjo said:
    3080nao said:
    Anyone waiting in cambridge mass? Getting nervous watching all the online activity and might drive out from connecticut early to wait in line.
    If you want a 5900x or 5950....GO NOW if you want even a chance at it.  All of a sudden since 7pm EST the Cambridge people gone dark, something is up.
    Yeah, there is definitely a blackout on news coming out of Cambridge lol ......or absolutely no one is there. 
    there people there 100%, there was a post where some1 is showing up at 12:00 PM yesterday.  That's why I been telling people if you want a 5900x or 5950 go now to even get a chance to grab one.  Good luck to every1 trying to get day 1 ryzen 5000, here hoping it be plentiful stock for weeks to come
  • Pre ordered. Let's hope it isn't a wait of months 🙂
  • The_GOAT said:
    I called (Tustin) when they opened this morning, and this was never once mentioned as an option.   I was told they open at 9am launch day and it’s first come first serve.  I could come in and wait early if I’d like.  Had he mentioned I could come by and drop my name on a list, I would have been there.  This really sucks.  
    I even messaged them twice today and asked once if they were doing this specifically and I was told it's first come, first served. Then the second time I asked if there was a queue at all today and I was told no. That apparently was all a lie. Could've had my money but now B&H does. SMH Micro Center.
  • Thank you Beachboy31!
  • 3080nao
    3080nao
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    The situation at Tustin MC as of 8:30PM 11/4: ~20 people are lined up outside the store in queue for the 5000 series launch however a list has already been established with well over 100 people who have already "secured there position in line" for whatever processor they want. They are no longer needed to be present until check-in times at 4am and 7am on launch day. The problem with this is MC sale of the CPUs are based off of a first come first serve basis. Despite that people were able to come and go as the please without having to physically wait in line, which is typically part of the FCFS process for items with limited availability. This is pretty unfair to the people who are willing to wait in line for however long in order to purchase the product. This system would have been better suited for a raffle giving people the equal opportunity of securing a CPU while saving many time and effort. I understand that this maybe a smarter move in light of COVID-19 however, I feel that MC should be doing more to organize these actual releases rather than leaving it up to the consumers waiting outside. I believe the system was inspired by the one started during the 30 series GPU releases as shown in BitWit's video on youtube, however that system was much more rigid with 30 minute check-in times and required potential buyers to be in queue for much longer times than not as FCFS queues should be. Whether or not the 100 or so people who've already signed up would've been willing to wait when they arrived until doors open, doesn't change the fact that the situation is what it is right now, that there is no real queue and that the list could have easily been manipulated preventing people who were more willing to wait to purchase their item from doing so.

TLDR: MC Tustin is getting run by a bunch of people who don't know how a first come first serve queue works. As someone whos camped out over the years for items with limited availability such as shoes, clothing, collectables, etc. This is pretty bullshit.
    LMAO, so a group of people who don't work for MC or MC approving of this is officially organizing a "wait list" for an anticipated launch.  I thought this was a joke when I read about it for the 3080 launch.  LOLOL, people have gone so soft, that's a tough one to swallow.  What is stopping someone who is willing to wait in line until the voucher are handed out in the morning since its first come first serve?
  • 3080nao said:

LMAO, so a group of people who don't work for MC is officially organizing a "wait list" for an anticipated launch.  I thought this was a joke when I read about it for the 3080 launch.  LOLOL, people have gone so soft, that's a tough one to swallow.  What is stopping someone who is willing to wait in line until the voucher are handed out in the morning since its first come first served?
    The only store on the entire west coast and they managed to fuck it up this badly hahaha
  • Got my 5900x order in at B&H, but can't 100% trust it yet that they won't cancel or delay. Going to try Newegg at 8am CST sharp.
  • 3080nao said:

LMAO, so a group of people who don't work for MC is officially organizing a "wait list" for an anticipated launch.  I thought this was a joke when I read about it for the 3080 launch.  LOLOL, people have gone so soft, that's a tough one to swallow.  What is stopping someone who is willing to wait in line until the voucher are handed out in the morning since its first come first served?
    The only store on the entire west coast and they managed to fuck it up this badly hahaha
    It's tough to blame MC on this one alone, what really bothers me is I just don't get how this was even started or let alone people were okay with this.  I think we are missing something cause we only got 1 person point of view.
  • 3080nao said:
    3080nao said:

It's tough to blame MC on this one alone, what really bothers me is I just don't get how this was even started or let alone people were okay with this.  I think we are missing something cause we only got 1 person point of view.
    I was there around 8p and couldn't really get any info from anyone, MC employee or not. I asked their chat twice today if there was a list or vouchers and they said no only for me to walk up and be told by about 4 other people there was a "list" and I needed to be on it and come back at 4a. It was almost as if they didn't want me to be there I don't know it seemed very different from any other FCFS launch I've ever been a part of. So someone who was at the store at literally any point in time today can reserve their place for what could be more than 12 hours for a highly anticipated launch? It just isn't fair and I don't care how entitled I sound.
  • Line is wrapped around the building now in Houston.
    How does it look now? Should I even bother for a 5900x? I'm okay with the 5800x or 5600x. Debating on weather or not I should head out there now or around 5 or 6 am. 
  • St David's has 20-21 ppl in line rn, supposedly there are 3 5950x, 13 5900x and like 50 5800x.  So at this point it's not worth coming unless you want a 5800x.
  • Sff_ftw said:
    Line is wrapped around the building now in Houston.
    How does it look now? Should I even bother for a 5900x? I'm okay with the 5800x or 5600x. Debating on weather or not I should head out there now or around 5 or 6 am. 
    I'm wondering this as well. I want a 5900x or 5950x. I was going to head there around 6am but if the line is that long there isnt a point going. 
  • All this talk about the different locations... how about St Louis Park in the Twin Cities? I'm about 25 minutes away, thinking about cruising up there. Never waited in line for anything before... except for GTA San Andreas
  • TJN said:
    All this talk about the different locations... how about St Louis Park in the Twin Cities? I'm about 25 minutes away, thinking about cruising up there. Never waited in line for anything before... except for GTA San Andreas
    I'm from Twin Cities and curious about status. Did you go?
  • BROOO!!!!!!!!! Thanks!  I got mine pre-ordered on B & H. Bed time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99