AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• Fbrasil82
    Options
    bigdave32 said:
    What time did you place your preorder with b and h?
    around 4:55am EST
  • Houston updates? im thinking of going over
    Lots o' people
  • FroZen
    Options
    Jinxy said:
    Hey *jinxy* what’s it like at Chicago?  They opening at 8a?  Thanks. 
    About 20 people currently at the Chicago location. No word on numbers, no list system (no one in cars; simple first come first serve line waiting) and they open at 10 am. 
    Where do you see 10 AM? I believe they open at 9 AM. 
  • GoldieEsq
    Options
    GoldieEsq said:
    Updates for Rockville.  All 5900x are spoken for and vouchers handed out.  Seems like there are fair amount of 5800x and 5600x for those that want.  If you get a voucher it is good until 3pm.
    Do you know around how many 5900x did you guys get?
    Not sure but from the people I saw as I got here at 7am there was less than 20 and they got no 5950x at all.  But I could be off on those numbers since I got here after the vouchers.
  • Alien4ce
    Options
    Paterson confirmed NO 5950Xs. Around 20 5900X. Their truck that was supposed to come with 5950X last night either did not arrive or did not have them.
    I live about 45 minutes away from the Paterson location and am looking to snag a 5600x. Any idea on the availability of them? Should I start heading over now or will I be fine showing up right as they open?
  • Paperjace
    Paperjace
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Just left Rockville. They never had 5950s. All 5900s have been claimed with vouchers. I didn't make note of the other components, but I'm sure they're all claimed now since they handed out vouchers. There were about 30-40 people there at 6:30 am ET.
  • Alien4ce said:
    Paterson confirmed NO 5950Xs. Around 20 5900X. Their truck that was supposed to come with 5950X last night either did not arrive or did not have them.
    I live about 45 minutes away from the Paterson location and am looking to snag a 5600x. Any idea on the availability of them? Should I start heading over now or will I be fine showing up right as they open?

Should be plenty of 5600X and 5800X but you should come ASAP. You could probably get one when they open but who knows what might change between now and then. If you were here right now you would definitely get one. The stream of new people joining is ramping up though.
  • bbnn
    Options
    yttriumtyclief said:more than 20 5800x?
    Alien4ce said:

Should be plenty of 5600X and 5800X but you should come ASAP. You could probably get one when they open but who knows what might change between now and then. If you were here right now you would definitely get one. The stream of new people joining is ramping up though.

More than 20 5800?
  • Earlier estimates that I saw put 5800X at like 60-80 per store. Should definitely be more than 20 at least, but there are a lot of people here now so come ASAP if you're coming to Paterson.
  • ntxawg
    Options
    About 30+ people here in madison heights, mi.  Not aure if there will be enough 3900/3950
  • Jinxy
    Jinxy
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    FroZen said:
    Jinxy said:
    About 20 people currently at the Chicago location. No word on numbers, no list system (no one in cars; simple first come first serve line waiting) and they open at 10 am. 
    Yeah, I heard 10 am a few times throughout the night but I believe you're right, 9 am. Sorry for any confusion. 
  • FroZen
    Options
    Jinxy said:
    FroZen said:
    Jinxy said:
    Yeah, I heard 10 am a few times throughout the night but I believe you're right, 9 am. Sorry for any confusion. 
    No problem. You scared me for a moment since I have to be at work immediately after this. 😂
  • SnapZ
    Options
    gwiz said:
    Sheepykin said:
    @CrashAegis Rockville Store 2:50am check in, CPUs for people who have checked in:
    5600x - 1
    5800x - 1
    5900x - 11

I would suggest showing up soon if you want a 5900x. 5800x and 5600x so far no worries but that could change closer to 5am. I heard 5950x will NOT be in stock here. This is also my 5 new people for 5900x update as the 10th and 11th just walked in.

Safe to say there wont be a 5600 shortage, no?
    yeah I got there at 7:30AM to pickup a 5600X and they still had a vouchers for them.
  • Houston- Wrapped around the back of the building.
  • DOTmjo
    Options
    Heard that there is a pretty big 50+ person line at Cambridge. 
  • bbnn
    Options
    Paterson nj sold out of 5900x seems to be still ALOT OF 5800 AND 5600 based on the vouchers of the manager
  • Is fairfax doing vouchers or is it still worth going to the store today? 
  • Hyperflame
    Options
    @PrestonYoungsley Fairfax handed out vouchers nearly an hour ago.
  • DavidGA
    Options
    Microcenter Duluth is sold out of 5900 and 5950. They have 5600 and 5800 left. 
    They did have Nvidia 3070 and 3090 left as of 8:50AM.  
  • CragBran said:
    Anyone have updates for the Madison Heights MC?
    Line around the parking lot, looks like at least 50-100 people. 
  • Fbrasil82
    Fbrasil82
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    5900x and 5950x sold out on NewEgg and direct from AMD. No listings on amazon as of 9:20am EST. Listings for Best Buy are up but are listed as coming soon.
    *** Edit
    Amazon now has listings but status is unavailable. 
  • phat1
    Options
    Did newegg even have stock? I must have looked away for less than 5 minutes 😭
  • phat1
    Options
    Also, how many 5950x and 5900x did Fairfax actually have?
  • Fbrasil82
    Options
    phat1 said:
    I'm sure they did right before 9am. Sold out in less than 2 minutes.
  • futurewolfie
    Options
    phat1 said:
    I was constantly refreshing the page and it went from "Page does not exist" to "sold out" at 7:59 cst. There was a brief moment the "add to cart" button showed but as soon as I tried to select shipping method it said "no longer in stock"
  • CragBran said:
    Anyone have updates for the Madison Heights MC?
    Line around the parking lot, looks like at least 50-100 people. 
    Madison heights MI is sold out of 5900 and up.
  • The_GOAT
    Options
    I I got a preorder in at B&H yesterday, but no idea how long until stock come in.   Another paper launch it seems.  
  • phat1
    Options
    The_GOAT said:
    I I got a preorder in at B&H yesterday, but no idea how long until stock come in.   Another paper launch it seems.  
    Well I wouldn't say paper launch. Nvidia wasn't a paper launch. But both Nvidia GPUs and these CPUs seem hyper limited. My hope is that the CPU is more available in the near future as scalpers hopefully have less reason to try and purchase to resell.
  • AARGH
    Options
    phat1 said:
    Also, how many 5950x and 5900x did Fairfax actually have?
    6 or 7 5950's, larger number of 5900's.
  • phat1
    Options
    Oof. Feel bad for the guys who waited all night and didn't get one since the other guys tally had like 11ish people after the 5950

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99