AMD RX 6000 Series/Big Navi Keynote Launch Discussion & FAQ (updated)

Options

Comments

• JS_MC
    Options
    @bbnn Nothing that I've heard yet. I know that there were some rumors of more coming from AIBs soon, but I haven't heard anything about reference cards.
  • bbnn
    Options
    LandShark said:
    @bbnn Nothing that I've heard yet. I know that there were some rumors of more coming from AIBs soon, but I haven't heard anything about reference cards.

Thanks, I was hoping to get a reference card as opposed to custom AIBs
  • Swifty
    Swifty ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    This is probably a long shot but here is my idea. Every cpu and gpu has a serial number so, how about registering that serial number to the buyer of said product whether it be online or in person from a store like micro center on the spot of purchasing. That way when these cards go up for sale on a third party websites like eBay by scalpers it can be traced to the original buyer and there can be some kind of punishment for doing so. I get it we live in a capitalist society and as long as someone out there is willing to pay a ridiculous price for something there is nothing that can be done about it but, it’s really really unfair to those of us who legitimately want to buy this product to use in our personal rigs. Why should we suffer because we are not filthy rich and don’t care about spending 700-1,000 dollars over msrp because we really want a product that bad. Plus, if you really think about it this kind of enforcement happens in the car world. If Ferrari releases a new car and you get an allocation and then turn around and flip said car then Ferrari blacklists you from ever being able to buy a new Ferrari. I don’t see why it can’t happen with things like high end computer hardware. 
  • CHRONOBODI
    Options
    wtf Ferrari does that? thats so cool, that should be a thing with computer parts.
  • Swifty
    Options
    Yup. Ferrari has been doing it for a while. Ford did it with the new GT too you had to sign a contract that you intend to drive the car and not flip it to get one. I don’t remember what their punishment was if you did breach the contract but it happens in the high end car market pretty often. I don’t see why it can’t happen with pc parts and other things that have a unique identifying number. 
  • ManicDan
    Options
    I dont understand why stores to just take names and emails and just use a proper digital line. Right now they require you to go in-store and bother staff to find out anything, and show up in the morning, every morning. This is quite dangerous considering the covid issues. 

Just start a spreadsheet at 9am launch morning, everyone gets their name added in the order they show up and those who waited the longest get on the list earliest, but knowing that their name is guaranteed to be added might sway many to not camp out as much. Those who show up the day of, or day after, or weeks after, still get their name added to the list and it continues on. They only need to bother staff once. 

This actually could save time and keep people healthier. I'm quite shocked how MC has so many forms of communication (forum, chat, phone) and yet it feels like none of them actually get you in touch with the local store and I'm told to walk in to find out more. It feels like a simple change can have a massive positive impact on the community. 
  • BigT
    BigT
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Is micro center going to have rx6800xt aib versions at store on 25th November(Brooklyn)? If possible, how many at least xt versions and rtx3080 will be there? Thank you very much.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    Dfmiske said:
    @TSTonyV Would you have any idea when micro center will be getting/ releasing the AIB partner cards? I heard the 25th but haven’t received confirmed information 
    BigT said:
    Is micro center going to have rx6800xt aib versions at store on 25th November(Brooklyn)? If possible, how many at least xt versions and rtx3080 will be there? Thank you very much.
    My understanding is we plan to have partner cards on launch day. How many we'll have? I have no idea
  • Do all micro centers plan on having stock on Nov. 25th for the rx 6000 custom partner cards for sale? I’m going to be going to westmont Illinois store
  • Is micro center going to have rx6800xt aib versions at store on 25th November and are they going to use a voucher system and if you could can you explain the voucher system at mirco center
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Hi all,
    As promised, I wanted to keep you all in the loop with any info that I've received regarding these recent releases!
    I've just received word that we are not expecting shipments of RX 6000 cards tomorrow 11/25. I'll be sure to share any info I have as soon as I learn more!
    Thanks!
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    So, why does the lady at the Columbus headquarters office that we called today(she went and checked, then called us back) say she knows nothing about the AIB launch tomorrow and only knows of the 6900XT launch next month? She also says there are no Powercolor 6800XT Red Devils limited or normal listed in the system for tomorrow either that Powercolor has already verified with me personally that they are available tomorrow. So which is it, launch tomorrow or not? I'm not driving an hour either way to Columbus or Sharonville again for the 5th time for empty hands because nobody lists the stock on the site or in the system or gives a heads up when they are in stock for a fact as I've personally seen. This has got real old at this point for all of us tbh. Answers, legit answers is what we need, not cryptic stuff. Bots and scalpers have already done us in, so we don't need more bs. Thanks
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Apologies if my post above came across as cryptic. However, as I mentioned, we're not expecting stock tomorrow. It's possible that the Powercolor cards may be available tomorrow through other venues but we are not expecting any tomorrow.
  • Brad_Isnard
    Brad_Isnard ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    LandShark said:
    Apologies if my post above came across as cryptic. 

Lol. Seemed pretty clear to me. BuT sOmE rANdO aT POwErCOlor sAiD!!  :D
  • Is it possible for more 3080s to be available tomorrow? I know that's probably store specific but I hope I can at least snag something
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Some rando??LMAO I bet you think you are clever ;)
    MC is a direct buyer from with Powercolor from my understanding, so "correct me" if I'm wrong. Powercolor being the top AMD 3rd party producer and all.........
    Well, I'm an electronics business for many decades, build custom PC's longer than most have been alive so hardly out of the know on stock and releases for the most part. Our rep said they are to be released tomorrow worldwide, hardly "SoMe RanDo aT pOweRCOLOR" tbh, but okay kid. As for cryptic, it's a direct shot at MC themselves for not listing stuff they have in stock daily. The stores employees are always being cryptic when you are there trying to buy and not disclose if something is in stock or not when they clearly do have it when they go check. I can say this from personal experience at several locations in Ohio alone recently, then add the others stores I've been to out of town. Then people wonder why so many people are pissed off they had to drive long distances, wait outside with this COVID bs and cold, to just be told there is no shipment or out of stock or low stock. Simple solution, post it on the website so people don't have to waste time. I've seen 200+ people lined up for 12 GPU's for hours when they could have been told by employees there the amount of stock up front or by posting it on the door and website as I said. But okay
    LandShark said:

LandShark said:

• Brad_Isnard
    Options
    SLySToNE said:
    MC is a direct buyer from with Powercolor from my understanding, so "correct me" if I'm wrong. Powercolor being the top AMD 3rd party producer and all.........
    Well, I'm an electronics business for many decades, build custom PC's longer than most have been alive so hardly out of the know on stock and releases for the most part. Our rep said they are to be released tomorrow worldwide, hardly "SoMe RanDo aT pOweRCOLOR" tbh, but okay kid. As for cryptic, it's a direct shot at MC themselves for not listing stuff they have in stock daily. The stores employees are always being cryptic when you are there trying to buy and not disclose if something is in stock or not when they clearly do have it when they go check. I can say this from personal experience at several locations in Ohio alone recently, then add the others stores I've been to out of town. Then people wonder why so many people are pissed off they had to drive long distances, wait outside with this COVID bs and cold, to just be told there is no shipment or out of stock or low stock. Simple solution, post it on the website so people don't have to waste time. I've seen 200+ people lined up for 12 GPU's for hours when they could have been told by employees there the amount of stock up front or by posting it on the door and website as I said. But okay
    I'm just messing with you, because you were getting snarky with the guy who actually wants to help us. I get it. I don't like driving the 25 minutes to my local store either. I also suggested the posting of expected shipments from their DC in a different thread. At the end of the day, I don't have to keep making the trip, and I've stopped for the most part.

Drop shipped product is hard for them to predict, because they're at the mercy of Fedex and UPS. PowerColor can say they're launching the products, but if they don't show up in time, there's nothing to sell. I do find it a little strange that not just one AIB, but all won't be in stock. That seems more like a strategic decision than a late shipment. 
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Is it possible for more 3080s to be available tomorrow? I know that's probably store specific but I hope I can at least snag something

It's possible. As you mentioned, it would be dependant on the store. Since we're still getting drop shipments, I really don't know exactly when we're getting shipments. It can vary quite a bit.  I wish I had better answers, but right now it's a waiting game for production to catch up with the demand. 
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Exactly! lol We are on the same page after all. :D
    TBH, just tired of driving an hour/hour plus, loss of business time and money, risk of infection to my wife with an Autoimmune system disorder(Lupus)to come home empty handed possibly catching the RONA that could kill her for some damn PC part.  Some of the obvious scalpers camp out at night that we caught red handed in Columbus and still they show up every day when product is in like clockwork, leaving with the same product/s in hand smdh. I'll get my stuff one way or another, just tired of all of us, you included, getting shafted over and over. So, with that said, I was pretty much taking one for the team by calling them out to get this to stop somehow lol. Anyway, no hard feelings, much respect and peace to you!
    SLySToNE said:
    I'm just messing with you, because you were getting snarky with the guy who actually wants to help us. I get it. I don't like driving the 25 minutes to my local store either. I also suggested the posting of expected shipments from their DC in a different thread. At the end of the day, I don't have to keep making the trip, and I've stopped for the most part.

Drop shipped product is hard for them to predict, because they're at the mercy of Fedex and UPS. PowerColor can say they're launching the products, but if they don't show up in time, there's nothing to sell. I do find it a little strange that not just one AIB, but all won't be in stock. That seems more like a strategic decision than a late shipment. 

• Marcus
    Options
    People are lining up at Westmont. 
  • SLySToNE
    SLySToNE ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes
    edited November 2020
    Options
    The Admin says NO Microcenters nationwide are getting 6000 AIB's tomorrow or any 6000 series cards, Strange. Tomorrow is release. So, is anyone at any of these stores nationwide telling these people that are already camping out that there is no 6000 series AIB cards that they are camping out for? If not, that F'd up lol. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was complaining about lol
  • I'm at the Duluth location. Couple of workers have said that they might get some 6000 cards but are unsure of aibs
    Also said there will be plenty of 3000 cards tho
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/5822/rx-6000-series-stock-from-aib-board-partners#latest
    I'm at the Duluth location. Couple of workers have said that they might get some 6000 cards but are unsure of aibs
    Also said there will be plenty of 3000 cards tho

• Marcus
    Options
    store employee came out before the store closed and said that there will be some cards tomorrow, but doesn’t know which cards will be in. But it will be very limited. About 20 people in line now. 
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Maybe 3000 RTX, but HQ said no 6000 series period Hmm. Admin on here covered that

• Marcus
    Options
    They just came out and notified they have 5 rx 6800, non XT. Plenty of 3080s and 3070s. Just a couple of 3090. 
  • TimothyPE
    Options
    In Japan the PC stores just take down your name and do a drafting thing everyday, then everyone gets a chance to win the lottery of video cards. This is the way to prevent people from gathering and camping.
  • Are they lined up in deluth right now?
  • OCDiscus
    Options
    Will there be 6900xt stock on launch at the Brooklyn location?
  • JD23
    Options
    OCDiscus said:
    Will there be 6900xt stock on launch at the Brooklyn location?
    Based on recent launches, I'd guess they will have a SEVERLY limited amount. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99