RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• Boy does she look pretty... Shoutouts to James, Chris, Devin, and all the other people who stuck it out in the cold rain for over 12 hours.

What location
    Marietta location :smile:
  • John_S13
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    Congrats on getting one but i will post when I can walk right in and pick one off the shelf
    When might that be? I'm new to this whole scene (upgrading from a 9500GT to give you an idea) and I don't know what to expect....
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    Hmmm trying to call and been busy the last few minutes. I'd prefer to talk to someone rather then using text.
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    John_S13 said:
    CobraKai said:
    Congrats on getting one but i will post when I can walk right in and pick one off the shelf
    When might that be? I'm new to this whole scene (upgrading from a 9500GT to give you an idea) and I don't know what to expect....
    Probably sometime next year at this rAte
  • Kazumha
    Options
    Whats the houston stock looking like?
  • molarry
    Options
    Drove by the Microcenter Westbury store last night at about 1130PM already roughly 15-20 people in line. Drove to the Flushing store right afterwards around midnight about 10~ people in line. Wasn't going to chance wasting my time with the limited cards. Guess i'll try super early for the 3090 ..i underestimated how long people would wait for a GPU LOL. Microcenter needs to be up front about stock numbers going forward though IMO. Congrats to those who got cards though!
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Is there a line yet for 3090?
  • Digitalhen
    Options
    I think I'm going to get the EVGA 2070S FTW3, and just use their step-up program to upgrade.
  • That's kinda crazy how Tustin gets all these cards.  Cambridge store only had 2 in stock and are only getting 11 more, and this is for 6 states.  Mass, Vermont, NH, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.  

Unreal lol.  13 cards for 6 freakin states.  What kind of crap is that?
    I want to say that someone posted earlier that it may be population based. California has a lot of people and that probably affected the allocation. Also California is probably closer to the ports in which these cards are being shipped into by boat.
    I could understand like midwest states getting shafted, but the east coast too? That just seems odd to me. That Cali store had plenty to share for all the other states lol.
    Distribution. From the ports on the west coast and shipped by land or air to the east. I highly doubt a ship would go from the asias to an Eastern port. 
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Bullcrap they will have them on shelves in two months just wait same shit happened with 2080ti. I can wait even if it is January to get 3090. Plus all the AIB that were sold today at MC were the lower tier AIB 3080s who cares rather have 3090 that I want not the 3080 with only 25% increase over my 2080ti such a disappointment based on Nvidia original statement. Only worth it if you either have a 1000 series card or below. Plus my son will eventually get my 2080ti when I do upgrade so no loss in value cause he will use it for minimum of 3 years. And no waiting in stupid covid line for 17 hours to spend my money.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    Bullcrap they will have them on shelves in two months just wait same shit happened with 2080ti. I can wait even if it is January to get 3090. Plus all the AIB that were sold today at MC were the lower tier AIB 3080s who cares rather have 3090 that I want not the 3080 with only 25% increase over my 2080ti such a disappointment based on Nvidia original statement. Only worth it if you either have a 1000 series card or below. Plus my son will eventually get my 2080ti when I do upgrade so no loss in value cause he will use it for minimum of 3 years. And no waiting in stupid covid line for 17 hours to spend my money.
    Yea I actually went home last night cause I didn't know that the higher end 3080s weren't going to be in stock yet.  I gave up 5th place in line.  But hey, helped someone else get a card so that's pretty cool.   I'll wait for the better cards.
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    Yea I actually went home last night cause I didn't know that the higher end 3080s weren't going to be in stock yet.  I gave up 5th place in line.  But hey, helped someone else get a card so that's pretty cool.   I'll wait for the better cards.
    were there people in tents at cambridge and what people do if they had to go to bathroom
  • Wait, no higher end AIBs? In that case, I won't waste my time. I've still got my 1080Ti, my 2060, and my 2080Ti. I can wait :tongue:
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yep no store in MC chain got any of the upper tier AIB 3080s plus the results are in and the 3080 is not as good as NVIDIA stated in their original statements, since then they have come out with further clarifying statements which is BS. I am so glad I didn't go wait to buy 3080 such a disappointment for those with 2080s and 2080tis. I rather get a 3090 which that as well depends on independent reviews not paid reviewers. 
  • SethHarrison
    Options
    Nvidia pulled a fast one.

• joejccva71
    Options
    were there people in tents at cambridge and what people do if they had to go to bathroom
    There weren't any tents when I was there.  There are also two gas stations (Mobile and Shell) right down the street that are open 24 hours to get food and use bathrooms, etc.
  • elcid_777
    Options
    CobraKai said:
    Agreeed. But people with 1080ti like myself held off from getting a 2080ti because the performance leal wasnt there considering the price, and with the 3080 launch being so shit, people with 1000 series cards still have no option until the3080 market becomes available...if that ever happens with shitty bit coin mining and nvidia creating deman by artificially creating scarcity...at this point, i just wanna day f it and get a new 2080ti ftw3 for 700 right now. But i dont want to impulse buy either...thanks nvidia for creating this conudrum.
  • Whoever camped out, did microcenter say anything about how they'll be restocking? Will it be a daily thing?
  • ktej2
    Options
    Can anyone confirm on the supplies of the houston location? I saw on their website that only 2 were in stock. Just curious if there really only ended up being 2. Thank you
  • ktej2 said:
    Can anyone confirm on the supplies of the houston location? I saw on their website that only 2 were in stock. Just curious if there really only ended up being 2. Thank you

I just came from there, there are none and they are saying they don't know when the next shipment will be in. I plan on checking back tomorrow

• elcid_777
    Options
    Been checking reddit and no one can confirm an order that went through with best buy. All those orders went to bots and scalpers, and some best buys are reporying they never received shipmwnts to their distribution centers...so what exactly "sold out"...?? This whole thing stinks to high heaven with nvidia doing shady shit to cause these oddities.
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Exactly Nvidia makes their products scarce so it drives up demand and I'm waiting to see how good the 3090 is exactly from third party reviewers.
  • molarry
    Options
    I just left the flushing,NY store to see what the deal was. As i previously stated they got 12 cards. The first 12 in line got cards (obviously). They then sent the rest of the people home cardless, "unexpectedly" they got a shipment of an additional 10 cards and whoever happened to walk in when that shipment came got one.-as told by an employee. He said they aren't sure when the next shipment is coming.
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    Statement from Nvidia:
    "This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.

We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience."

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/iunimo/updates_from_nvidia_rtx_3080_nvidia_store/

Well at least they apologized so that's...something. Actions speak louder though.

• elcid_777
    Options
    Just came back from best buy in San bernardino, Ca. They had about 10 people waiting for the 3080, bb employee came out and said none in stock, but he expected a truck shipment that may have 3080s for in store purchase later tonight...meh, find it hard to believe, but this best buy carries a good selection of PC stuff. They have 1660 tis and one 2070 super. But still, im done with chasing this card around. Im thinking the card will be in and out of stock for the remainder of the year and will be very difficult to get one which will increase prices and demand even more. Perfect plan by nvidia. 
  • elcid_777
    Options
    And the 2080ti panic sellers will regret it. The 3080 is not a huge upgrade over the 2080ti, 25% is not impressive imo. I bet the 3080s become scarce by the holidays and the 2080ti rebounds in price. 
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    I've got the next few days off so I'm almost considering staying at a hotel so I'm only a few minutes away from my closest Microcenter and just checking back every day for the next 3-4 days lol. Let's make it a party!
  • elcid_777 said:
    And the 2080ti panic sellers will regret it. The 3080 is not a huge upgrade over the 2080ti, 25% is not impressive imo. I bet the 3080s become scarce by the holidays and the 2080ti rebounds in price. 
    I agree. Its going to be like the last launch. Limited supply. Huge demand. BUT, if you get one. Maybe class action lawsuit in your favor? Who knows
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    I've got the next few days off so I'm almost considering staying at a hotel so I'm only a few minutes away from my closest Microcenter and just checking back every day for the next 3-4 days lol. Let's make it a party!
    Are you in California? I was initially thinking of getting a cheap hotel room close to Tusin store and doing the same, but man does that seem overboard for a freaking gpu. Im too old for this kind of shit lol. Im not sure what to do. Play cat and mouse games with micro center and wait an indefinite amount of time until i score, wait for the 3090 (barely have funds for that) or just skip this generation and settle for a ftw3 2080ti. I imagine the tustin store will get their second shipment sometime today but i also imagine there will be people lined up all day so waste of time and gas driving way out there for that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99