RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Options

Comments

• kishinfoulux
    Options
    elcid_777 said:
    I've got the next few days off so I'm almost considering staying at a hotel so I'm only a few minutes away from my closest Microcenter and just checking back every day for the next 3-4 days lol. Let's make it a party!
    Are you in California? I was initially thinking of getting a cheap hotel room close to Tusin store and doing the same, but man does that seem overboard for a freaking gpu. Im too old for this kind of shit lol. Im not sure what to do. Play cat and mouse games with micro center and wait an indefinite amount of time until i score, wait for the 3090 (barely have funds for that) or just skip this generation and settle for a ftw3 2080ti. I imagine the tustin store will get their second shipment sometime today but i also imagine there will be people lined up all day so waste of time and gas driving way out there for that.
    I'm in Jersey. I agree it's going overboard, but when I want something badly I get determined lol.
  • cucuchu
    Options
    Do they usually get new stock in daily? I mean, not necessarily of the 3080's, but in general. NVIDIA said they are shipping out new cards daily but thats a pretty vague statement in regards to availability to buy.
  • I'm just going to be checking my local MC everyday i can and the bestbuys around me for one 
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Is there a line yet for the 3090
  • Duff2087
    Options
    That'd be a hell of a wait, it's an entire week so I doubt it. 
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    Duff2087 said:
    That'd be a hell of a wait, it's an entire week so I doubt it. 
    You say that but...
  • Ziggy
    Options
    so what are the odds one of the microcenters near me get more 3080s within the next few days?? 
  • Duff2087
    Options
    From what I've seen most stores didn't have people till the early evening/late afternoon. On top of that it's twice the amount of the 3080 at least. I'd be very surprised if more people turned out for that than the 3080.
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Doesn't really matter about the 3090's because you're getting a weaker card on release day.  I want either the Asus Strix or the EVGA FTW3.  The differences are pretty substantial over the cards you see today.
  • Duff2087
    Options
    Doesn't really matter about the 3090's because you're getting a weaker card on release day.  I want either the Asus Strix or the EVGA FTW3.  The differences are pretty substantial over the cards you see today.
    I wouldn't say they're mindblowing though. I've had an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black and someone that gave me their FTW3 to compare.  It was a minimal upgrade. 
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Duff2087 said:
    I wouldn't say they're mindblowing though. I've had an EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black and someone that gave me their FTW3 to compare.  It was a minimal upgrade. 
    Dude the cooling is so much better on the FTW3 cards.  The FPS is minimal but it runs alot cooler.
  • Duff2087
    Options
    Well if you're going to overclock it into oblivion then sure but I'm usually on the side of stability anyways. I've had too many nightmares from my 20's with cards running way too damn hot .
  • YoshiMoshi
    Options
    Duff2087 said:
    Dude the cooling is so much better on the FTW3 cards.  The FPS is minimal but it runs alot cooler.
    @joejccva71
    Was there free wifi at the cambridge MC?
  • joejccva71
    Options
    @joejccva71
    Honestly I cant remember.  I didn't use it lol.
  • Duff2087
    Options
    @joejccva71
    Honestly I cant remember.  I didn't use it lol.
    That's a good point, I'm bringing a battery pack for my phone and would rather not have to use my unlimited data. It's probably already at the soft cap for the month so it'll be extremely slow.
  • From what I've heard the rog strip cone out monday
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Honestly it's pretty sad how Nvidia still doesn't understand or doesn't care about how bots can go to newegg, bestbuy, etc and gobble up all the stock and then re-sell it on ebay for thousands.

Many other sites use CAPTCHA to fight against the bots.  Why can't they do the same thing?  It's not that hard and it would solve this problem.  It's almost like Nvidia doesn't want to sell at the prices they mentioned.  They're like sitting in a conference room right now saying "man we really screwed the pooch on this one...why did we make the prices so much cheaper again?".

Because this is just freaking stupid:

https://imgur.com/PnMoG8F
  • joejccva71
    Options
    This is so dumb.

• Duff2087
    Options
    This is so dumb.

And it's GIGABYTE too, ewww
  • joejccva71
    Options
    Something needs to be done about the botters / scalpers.
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    This is so dumb.

But, but...nvidia said theyre doing everything to stop the scalpers and get them into real customers hands!!! How can this be?? Lol lying sacks of crap, they did this on ourpose to drive up demand. Mark my words people, after these next few weeks, you will likely never see a 3080 for $699. And micro center tustin is a joke. Someone posted a video clip of the tustin store, there is still like 75 people lined up and more showing...
    Except theres no more cards left and the second shipment already got bought up and the employees are not informing those poor suckers waiting outside. I doubt they get more shipments until a few days from now and the shit show begins again. Going to get it in person is pretty much youre only way of getting it now. Online is a complete bust at this point. All of these shit bag scalpers using bots, its impossible.
  • elcid_777
    elcid_777 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Scalpers/bot users need to be thrown into a gaint cauldron of boiling oil.
  • cucuchu
    Options
    So what IS being done is people are making throwaway dud ebay accounts to spam the scalpers with fake bids. There is a big effort for this and a lot of people are doing it. There is a thread going on the NVIDIA forum of a guy that created a bot which spam creates throwaway ebay accounts and specifically bids on the 3080 listings to drive them up to insane levels. Legal? Probably not...but I'm cool with it. F'ck em
  • Call_Me_Q
    Options
    Uggggh......  Anyone know the situation here in st louis  brentwood location.    I dont know if they had a line or Voucher system or not.   They never pick up the phone so I would have to drive 30 minutes to get there.   II want to be 100% prepared for the RTX 3090 launch.   
  • kishinfoulux
    Options
    Well Microcenter finally replied to my text (several hours later).

"Good day! We're sold out nationwide. No ETA currently for when we will be receiving more. Those also can not be reserved/preordered due to such high demand."

Guess I should finally sleep. I've been up for a while since I left work the other day lol.
  • elcid_777 said:
    This is so dumb.

But, but...nvidia said theyre doing everything to stop the scalpers and get them into real customers hands!!! How can this be?? Lol lying sacks of crap, they did this on ourpose to drive up demand. Mark my words people, after these next few weeks, you will likely never see a 3080 for $699. And micro center tustin is a joke. Someone posted a video clip of the tustin store, there is still like 75 people lined up and more showing...
    Except theres no more cards left and the second shipment already got bought up and the employees are not informing those poor suckers waiting outside. I doubt they get more shipments until a few days from now and the shit show begins again. Going to get it in person is pretty much youre only way of getting it now. Online is a complete bust at this point. All of these shit bag scalpers using bots, its impossible.
    I wouldn’t really say that about Tustin MC. This MC usually has lines everyday just to purchase things and the staff are actually really helpful. I’ve shopped with them for years and since COVID started lines have been insane. I blame NVIDIA personally for an atrocity of a launch. They could have allowed preordering for starters with better communication  and we wouldn’t be in this mess (IMHO).  Just keep an eye out for replenishment and all will be well!
  • Smiley
    Options
    In Parkville, MD they had 12 in the store, around 5 am they told us a shipment of about 15 more was coming but wasn't sure if it was going to be there today or tomorrow.  Decided to stay to see if I was going to be lucky.  I was #21 in line.  8 am he came out to tell us that it was still at FedEx and hasn't been loaded but an hour later he said it's coming and that it's looking like 10 - 15 are on the way.  At #21 I thought I was golden.  Finally at 10:40 am he comes out and says only 5 came.  What a waste of my time.  Something sounded fishy.  How can you know what your order is and track it through FedEx but mysteriously not get the amounts you say your getting?  I'm curious if they decided to hold some for themselves.  Especially when the resale value on eBay went through the roof.  
  • Vinn
    Vinn
    First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Anybody waited at the St. David PA location for the 3080?  How was the line or vouchers handled?  Want to know for the 3090 release.
  • Ichthus
    Options
    Smiley said:
    In Parkville, MD they had 12 in the store, around 5 am they told us a shipment of about 15 more was coming but wasn't sure if it was going to be there today or tomorrow.  Decided to stay to see if I was going to be lucky.  I was #21 in line.  8 am he came out to tell us that it was still at FedEx and hasn't been loaded but an hour later he said it's coming and that it's looking like 10 - 15 are on the way.  At #21 I thought I was golden.  Finally at 10:40 am he comes out and says only 5 came.  What a waste of my time.  Something sounded fishy.  How can you know what your order is and track it through FedEx but mysteriously not get the amounts you say your getting?  I'm curious if they decided to hold some for themselves.  Especially when the resale value on eBay went through the roof.  
    Employees are not allowed to purchase any cards for about a month after release, so no, they're not holding them.

Clearly you've never ordered anything for shipping before. Just because you ordered x amount does not mean they'll all arrive, and tracking numbers don't get assigned to individual boxes when ordering multiple products like this. You can see how many you ordered but that doesn't mean you can see how many are physically in the package when it's in transit. 

It sounds to me like they were told they had ordered X amount but then that order could only be partially filled and they just didn't know until the shipment came. The sales reps aren't psychic and believe it or not, they don't always have all the answers and aren't constantly trying to scam you. Instead of assuming the worst, consider the fact that sometimes things don't always go according to plan. This whole release has been a crapshoot EVERYWHERE and blaming the sales reps for that is ridiculous.

• elcid_777
    Options
    cucuchu said:
    So what IS being done is people are making throwaway dud ebay accounts to spam the scalpers with fake bids. There is a big effort for this and a lot of people are doing it. There is a thread going on the NVIDIA forum of a guy that created a bot which spam creates throwaway ebay accounts and specifically bids on the 3080 listings to drive them up to insane levels. Legal? Probably not...but I'm cool with it. F'ck em
    dude, these scalpers using bots are the fcking worst! just for shits and giggles, i went over to facebook market place and not to my surprise, they have multiple scalper kunts trying to sell the Founders edition 3080 for $2,000 each....so I message one of them, give them a fake offer for 1,200. the piece of shit was appalled and said "no way, im already getting higher offers!". and most of them are located in southern california, pieces of shit who probably paid someone to wait outside micro center all night. seriously, something legal needs to be done about these shit bags who do this. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99