RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• MC here had zero in stock, they also confirmed it was dry this whole week.. something is definitely going on
  • Amaredeus said:
    MC here had zero in stock, they also confirmed it was dry this whole week.. something is definitely going on

is this the Fairfax location?
  • Amaredeus said:
    MC here had zero in stock, they also confirmed it was dry this whole week.. something is definitely going on

is this the Fairfax location?
    It’s the Yonkers NY location. The management was very professional and the people here genuinely were respectful. Except for 1 guy that tried buying someone’s spot. The guy he went up to called him out on it and pretty much embarrassed him enough for him to leave. About 30 people were on the list by the time the store opened.. 
  • The minnesota location hasn't had any cards come in since last sunday, the 18th of october. Something does seem really weird... unless someone out there can confirm that the MN location got a shipment in mid-day? 
  • Nada at St. Davids this morning - even tried to wait out for a truck but no guarantee so I left. Try again next week. I really wish more B&M carried the cards.
  • CobraKai
    CobraKai ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2020
    Well Overland Park, Kansas store had none this morning and hasn't had any 3080s in about a week and only 1 3090 MSI Gaming Trio during the past week, so supplies are dwindling for sure.   It was freezing and raining and I was first in line with about 8 people in line when the store finally opened at 10:00am. I for one am not camping out overnight and not going to sit and wait 6+ hours in front of a store before opening even if most of it is in my car to give them my hard earned money. The issue is in about 3-4 months they will be sitting on the shelves to buy and be restock usually within 1-2 weeks after being sold out completely. Hope the ones that gotta have it now are resorting to buying them from eBay Scalpers or local scalpers, don't give in, resist the urge unless money doesn't mean anything to you at all, in that case buy me one too.  Weather next few days is going to be bad and snowing on Monday, good luck if your outside in a chair with a blanket still going to be cold. :)
  • You people are disgracefully bad at providing updates. Not saying what city your in, leaving out obviously helpful details. Here is how its done, my MC is in Cambridge MA.
    Monday(10/19) - The store got 10-15 cards, i didnt start coming until tuesday :(, weemp wamp...
    I started showing up on tuesday@8am, no cards. I was number 8 in line. By 8am there were already 10-15 ppl in line. A MC employee came out at 8-830 to let us know nothing showed.
    Wed - 6am 10th in line, same thing
    Thursday, 5:40am 3rd in line same thing
    Friday 5:30, 10th in line same thing, no cards.
    The nice thing is that at least the MC folks came out early to let us know there was no hope and we should jump off the zaikum bridge...
    Can we start providing updates like this so folks at least know WTF is going on? The enemy is nvidia and scalpers, not your fellow man and the 2 women who might be looking for cards for their bf. Everyone who gets a card is someone who is no longer in competition with you putting you one step closer to ascension to nirvana... Dont take yourself too seriously, but also dont be a slob...
    Conclusion: I am a giant loser, i have wasted outrageous amounts of time trying to get my hands on one of these cards, and while its ironic, it is typical for my luck, the day before i show, MC gets their biggest batch, might even have been bigger than launch day. The 4 days after that not even a sniff and MC had been getting cards almost ever day since launch... Nvidia is made entirely out of aids...
  • DannoJL
    DannoJL
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2020
    Sorry to hear it @Delaney. Pretty sure we met in line at the Cambridge MC on Friday (I was the guy wearing the Star Wars t-shirt). So, turns out later that night, I was able to score a 3090 FTW3 Ultra (and mortgaged my house to get it), during the Newegg drop. I used Apple Pay, which seemed to be the trick, and they charged the card and it is in packaging. So, there is hope, keep the faith! I will mention, if anyone in the Boston area has a comparable 3080 (anything except Zotac and pny) and is interested in the 3090, hit me up and we could do a swap + cash for the difference.
  • @DannoJL YUP!! i was tired as hell and after watching the trackers all day and being real disapointed BB didnt drop i ended up falling asleep at like 730. Then BB drops at 8. What a kick in the knackers. I missed the monday MC drop by one day and wasted a whole week, then NE drops minutes after i fall asleep. I feel like jar jar binks...
  • @DannoJL
    I was the loud mouth that sounded like a fork in a garbage disposal but was making everyone laugh...
  • Hey guys! After a grueling, sleepless month of a mix of F5ing and waiting at MC I was able to get an Aorus 3090 Master! Originally wanted an EVGA FTW Ultra 3080, so im thinking of parting ways with this guy. MSRP with tax puts me at over 1820. If someone would like to make an offer, can do a local sale or trade in CA. Please DM me if interested.
  • @Delaney right on bro. I can’t believe how much I spent on this 3090. Way more than I planned to spend on a new card. Debating if I should cancel and wait on a 3080 or at least leave it in the box see if I can trade down with someone. Serious buyer’s remorse (careful what you wish for I guess). :/
  • Delaney said:
    You people are disgracefully bad at providing updates. Not saying what city your in, leaving out obviously helpful details. Here is how its done, my MC is in Cambridge MA.
    Monday(10/19) - The store got 10-15 cards, i didnt start coming until tuesday :(, weemp wamp...
    I started showing up on tuesday@8am, no cards. I was number 8 in line. By 8am there were already 10-15 ppl in line. A MC employee came out at 8-830 to let us know nothing showed.
    The nice thing is that at least the MC folks came out early to let us know there was no hope and we should jump off the zaikum bridge...
    Can we start providing updates like this so folks at least know WTF is going on? The enemy is nvidia and scalpers, not your fellow man and the 2 women who might be looking for cards for their bf. Everyone who gets a card is someone who is no longer in competition with you putting you one step closer to ascension to nirvana... Dont take yourself too seriously, but also dont be a slob...
    Conclusion: I am a giant loser, i have wasted outrageous amounts of time trying to get my hands on one of these cards, and while its ironic, it is typical for my luck, the day before i show, MC gets their biggest batch, might even have been bigger than launch day. The 4 days after that not even a sniff and MC had been getting cards almost ever day since launch... Nvidia is made entirely out of aids...
    I will be doing what you did last week this week at MC Cambridge. I will maybe see you there every morning for the next 4 days. Lets pray to the gods my brother 
  • yungfoot said:
    Delaney said:
    You people are disgracefully bad at providing updates. Not saying what city your in, leaving out obviously helpful details. Here is how its done, my MC is in Cambridge MA.
    I will be doing what you did last week this week at MC Cambridge. I will maybe see you there every morning for the next 4 days. Lets pray to the gods my brother 
    Yup, see you bright and early tomorrow morning. 
  • Hi, all!
    I'm here for some suggestions on what I should do to get a 3070. I'm lining up 10-12 hours early. It's supposed to be 35 degrees and raining all throughout the morning. (it will be a lot colder with the rain).
    Going to wear very warm clothes, of course.
    Going to bring a tent (for the rain, since there is no awning), phone, battery pack, water, probably a bit of food, and headphones - all in a backpack.
    Is there anything else you guys suggest I bring (or don't bring)?
    Is 10-12 hours excessive, or is that good? Some people told me that the 3070 will restock 10x the speed of the 3080s/3090s and there will be much more stock, since the 3070's GDDR6 RAM is more readily-available than the 3080/90's GDDR6X RAM.
    Not entirely sure on this one, considering the microcenter I go to is one of the least visited ones.
  • Cambridge Microcenter Update 10/26. About 15 or so people lined up by 7am. I was number 7, i got there at 545. They only received qty (3) rog strix 3090s. No thank you, i will be back on that grind for a 3080 tomorrow morning... Cheers!
  • DarkDraken
    DarkDraken ✭✭
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited October 2020
    Delaney said:
    Cambridge Microcenter Update 10/26. About 15 or so people lined up by 7am. I was number 7, i got there at 545. They only received qty (3) rog strix 3090s. No thank you, i will be back on that grind for a 3080 tomorrow morning... Cheers!

At least your location is getting Strix cards.
  • @Landon I'm in your situation. I've attached a photo of my kit (no cat included, lol). Kit includes a chair, water, some food, headphones, battery pack, phone, Switch, mints (smelling your breath in the mask sucks after a while), headache meds, caffeine pills, hand warmers, and a book.

Weather is mild to moderately cold, possible chance of rain, including heavy rain. Wearing sweatshirt, jeans, and mask, bringing a rain jacket, umbrella, and small blanket.

I'm not one to comment on when to get there. 3080 lines started at different times, depending on where people lived and how many MC's are in a given area. Somewhere like Tustin you might be screwed already since their lines form days in advance. A quiet MC you could get in at 8 hours and be fine. It'll depend on stock. I've followed the rumors closely (like +1 hours of nVidia news every day) and there's no definitive answer. I've seen evidence of a 3080-like drought and that 10x the amount of 3070 cards will be available. If I had to lean one way or another, it's probably closer to the former. Also make sure you're complying with COVID procedures (for example, are masks mandatory outdoors in your city, curfew hours, etc.).

Some MC's do vouchers at close the previous day, others don't. Some have a roll-call. I called corporate last week and they had nothing to report on procedures for MCs ahead of the 3070 launch. That said...any MC admins able to comment on stock/procedures now for 3070 launch? We're less than 48 hours away!

• Don't take the cat with you
  • @John_S13
    What's wrong with a little company? :tongue:

• Delaney said:
    Cambridge Microcenter Update 10/26. About 15 or so people lined up by 7am. I was number 7, i got there at 545. They only received qty (3) rog strix 3090s. No thank you, i will be back on that grind for a 3080 tomorrow morning... Cheers!
    Rooting for you man! (I was there with you on Friday.) Keep us updated.
  • PsylentKiller
    edited October 2020
    Westbury, Ny only got one Gigabyte 3080 in today (10/27/20). They said they are only doing morning shipments. No more drop shipments. I was second in line. Sucks for me but congrats to Lincoln, the man in front who got there 20 minutes before me (5:20).

Edit: I should note that the manager said they had nothing come in last week and they have only seen 3 3090s in total come in since launch.
  • 10/27, cambridge MA. No cards today...
  • Less than 48 hours from 3070 hopefully being in stock at MicroCenters... any idea which 3070 models will be available? I'm hoping for an ASUS 3070 TUF, as the ASUS 3070 Strix won't fit in my NZXT H1 case.
  • Amaredeus
    Amaredeus
    First Comment
    edited October 2020
    There was only 1 card delivered today at Yonkers NY.. someone came by around 3am who was first in line..
  • So does anyone know how the Parkville location is looking for the 3070 launch??? 
  • Tustin Microcenter received 7+? Strix 3090s. 
  • LandShark said:
    @JamesNunez Mind sending me a DM about this? MC employees are actually not able to purchase any 3000 series cards at this time. I'd like to get any info you have on this so that we can look into it. 😊
    DM'd you the details as well as a photo of the employee who runs the scalping operation.
  • Does anyone know what the Sharonville, Ohio 3070 situation will look like? I'm thinking about driving an hour and a half away tomorrow night to camp it out but I don't know if the lines will already be long or not.
  • Quick update on Mayfield, OH location: 
    No 3080's or 3090's in stock today
    2 people camping out for 3070 release on Thursday morning. No news on the amount of stock available, but a Micro Center employee told me that his manager requested he come in early on Thursday, so there must be at least a few cards. 
    Best of luck to all of you guys!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99