AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Comments

• Did MN St. Louis Park have any 5950s?
  • Fairfax's 5950s and 5900s were gone quick - line was wrapped around the building, maybe 70 people, and the 5900s were gone before the corner. I was a bit around the corner and got one of the last few 5800 vouchers, which I am 100% OK with.  Fair number of 5600s still left at 9:30am.
  • St David only has 5600x and not too many based on the vouchers in her hand. This is at 10:30am.
  • Update on Houston? Vouchers or numbers?
  • Any stock numbers available for sharonville? Specifically 5950x
  • anyone know if you can walk into the Madison Heights location and get a 5600x?
  • There were no 5950s at Sharonville
  • Did MN St. Louis Park have any 5950s?
    No, but they did have something like 20 5900x and a whole bunch of 3080s and 3090s.
  • My B&h order shows as backordered that can't be good 
  • My B&h order shows as backordered that can't be good 
  • TJN said:
    Did MN St. Louis Park have any 5950s?
    No, but they did have something like 20 5900x and a whole bunch of 3080s and 3090s.
    Did they have the ROG Strix 3090?
  • McMaster said:
    My B&h order shows as backordered that can't be good 
    Yuuuuup. Wonder when they're going to actually get them in stock. 
  • Moderator @LandShark had an opportunity to test out the 5600!  Check it out if you all have the chance :)

https://community.microcenter.com/discussion/5485/amd-ryzen-5000-series-first-impressions 
  • Can anyone confirm whether the St. Louis Park store actually has 5600X in stock? They are showing up on the site, but I was told that that is not correct by someone who tried to buy one this morning.
  • Did Marietta location get any 5900x in. Will stores get 5900x randomly through the weeks now?
  • Did anyone find out if Dallas ever got any 5950x in stock? If not when do they expect the next truck that might have them?
  • Need some help here. I've been waiting this whole year to build a new computer and missed getting the 5900x. Should i just get a 3900xt or 3900x since it looks like we wont be seeing lots of 5900's for a while.
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    TimC said:
    Need some help here. I've been waiting this whole year to build a new computer and missed getting the 5900x. Should i just get a 3900xt or 3900x since it looks like we wont be seeing lots of 5900's for a while.
    Between those two choices, I'd go with the normal 3900X. The 3900XT doesn't have any meaningful performance increase over the 3900X unless you're getting into overclocking. If you are into overclocking, go for it, otherwise, save the $30 and spend it on something else.

For anybody who happens to read this comment, unfortunately we didn't get a whole lot of information prior to release day about what we would or would not have, but all availability should now be listed on the website. If your store shows a 5600X in stock, that means it's there (though how long it will BE there is a better question, I expect all stores will be sold out of all our 5000 series stock before the end of the day). 

While I personally expected we'd stock every SKU at each location, it looks like some locations may not have gotten certain SKUs in (like the 5950X) so I don't have a lot of explanation there other than "supply and demand can be weird." So far it seems like availability is about in line with the Zen2 release though, so keep your eyes peeled for any re-stocks. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    TimC said:
    Need some help here. I've been waiting this whole year to build a new computer and missed getting the 5900x. Should i just get a 3900xt or 3900x since it looks like we wont be seeing lots of 5900's for a while.
    Between those two choices, I'd go with the normal 3900X. The 3900XT doesn't have any meaningful performance increase over the 3900X unless you're getting into overclocking. If you are into overclocking, go for it, otherwise, save the $30 and spend it on something else.

For anybody who happens to read this comment, unfortunately we didn't get a whole lot of information prior to release day about what we would or would not have, but all availability should now be listed on the website. If your store shows a 5600X in stock, that means it's there (though how long it will BE there is a better question, I expect all stores will be sold out of all our 5000 series stock before the end of the day). 

While I personally expected we'd stock every SKU at each location, it looks like some locations may not have gotten certain SKUs in (like the 5950X) so I don't have a lot of explanation there other than "supply and demand can be weird." So far it seems like availability is about in line with the Zen2 release though, so keep your eyes peeled for any re-stocks. 
    Are restocks typically on Thursdays at most locations? My wife had been willing to go get me a CPU from Parkville this morning, but when I saw the stocks for 5900x and 5950x I held off and waffled on the lower models too long...she eventually went a few hours ago to try for a 5600x or 5800x but they said everything was already gone by then unfortunately despite the stock counts on the website. :(

I almost got a 5950x from AMD ~9AM, but 503 errors prevented me from completing my order (I was right at the last step too!) until it was too late...
  • So the MC website now doesn't say in stock or out of stock for these processors like it did before, just "limited availability". Is this just a way to drive people to go to the store to check for themselves? If it's out of stock, shouldn't the website just say so?
  • As a heads up, the "in stock" number on the web site is not accurate. I drove over to the Cambridge store about an hour ago to pick up a 5600x since it said there were 10+ in stock but it was sold out when I got there. It still says there are some in stock on the website. Pretty frustrating to have to go there for nothing, especially during a pandemic.
  • Does anyone know how good the B&H pre-orders are? I pre-ordered a 5950 after midnight but now my order says 'backordered' and B&H won't tell me when they expect to fulfill orders. 
  • Lots of people on reddit complained that their 3080 orders from B&H still have not shipped.
  • Website said they had 3 in stock, Drove an hour only to find out they are being held for vouchers. They said If they didn't pick them up  I would have a chance to get one. With no phone number to call I was needless to say frustrated...
  • I wonder when the Threadrippers will come out.
  • Is there anything I can do in my case for the time being? I went to the Paterson store during my lunch and was told they had a 5800x available still. I decided to get it however after purchasing everything I need it appears I was given a 3600x? There seems to be no way to contact the store so do I just have to wait until I finish working and return the 3600x. 
  • when are the next inventory delivery of 5900x available?
  • For those curious:
    I received a voucher for the second to last 5900X at Paterson, and my friend received the voucher for the last 5900X. Vouchers went out around 8am. Once we received the vouchers we decided to go get breakfast and come back after the initial rush had died down. We finally entered the store around 9:45am. I got my 5900X sent to the front almost immediately, but my friend decided to browse the store for a bit. Around 10:10am he went to the BYOC desk to get his 5900X, and while at the front of the line, the delivery truck arrived with 5950X's - the truck that was supposed to come the night before and didn't show. They literally opened a box of them right there at BYOC and he was able to swap out his 5900X voucher for the first 5950X.

So, sorry to break the news to all of you that weren't able to get a 5950X by waiting in line - they did actually show up at Paterson! I'm not sure how many they had in total, but the carton looked like it was around 20 or so.
  • Wow, thanks! I was wondering if that could also happen in Dallas and have been keeping an eye on the website for the 5950x to show in-stock. They had similar reports of no 5950x this morning.
    For those curious:
    I received a voucher for the second to last 5900X at Paterson, and my friend received the voucher for the last 5900X. Vouchers went out around 8am. Once we received the vouchers we decided to go get breakfast and come back after the initial rush had died down. We finally entered the store around 9:45am. I got my 5900X sent to the front almost immediately, but my friend decided to browse the store for a bit. Around 10:10am he went to the BYOC desk to get his 5900X, and while at the front of the line, the delivery truck arrived with 5950X's - the truck that was supposed to come the night before and didn't show. They literally opened a box of them right there at BYOC and he was able to swap out his 5900X voucher for the first 5950X.

So, sorry to break the news to all of you that weren't able to get a 5950X by waiting in line - they did actually show up at Paterson! I'm not sure how many they had in total, but the carton looked like it was around 20 or so.

• Vaggeto said:
    Wow, thanks! I was wondering if that could also happen in Dallas and have been keeping an eye on the website for the 5950x to show in-stock. They had similar reports of no 5950x this morning.
    Oh yeah forgot to mention since that's relevant - right when we started lining up for vouchers (in our pre-determined line from the sign-in sheet/roll calls), they said there would be no 5950X's. So that's why I'm sharing this here, since there are definitely a lot of people from that group that might read this. They didn't expect the truck to come in.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99