AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• bad_with_money
    Options
    Anybody have more information about the 5900x at Rockville, MD? I was 17th in line on release day and guy #16 was the last person to get one. I have heard that truck day is Tuesday, so I'm planing on getting there about 5am. Can anybody speak to getting more in tomorrow?
  • EliW
    Options
    Any information about St. David's PA store would be appreciated. Thinking of going tomorrow morning to see what the state of things are.
  • Brad_Isnard
    Brad_Isnard ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I guess I'm just getting frustrated with the sheer number of forced wasted trips to the store. The employees are sick of seeing me, and I'm getting sick of feeling like an annoyance. I stood up for MC on the 3080 launch, but I'm just getting worn down.

A company of this size knows what they are placing on a truck at the DC. A store should know exactly how many of a SKU they are receiving the next day. Start putting this info up on the store facebook pages each evening for the next day. Something. Anything is better than the status quo.

I get it, the website may not be the best, but the lack of communication we're seeing with the recent launches can't all be blamed on system limitations. The fact is, one person at HQ could be tasked with communication on high-demand product availability at the stores, and it would be a night and day difference. We're talking 30 minutes a day of someone's time. There's not that many MC stores. A simple post on this community forum each evening could give expectations for the next morning at each store in a simple spreadsheet.

Whoever is in charge has to WANT to do that though, and right now, our time isn't important enough to them.
  • Eric2
    Options
    @bad_with_moneyI live 3 minutes away from Rockville md microcenter. So r they expecting the delivery this Tuesday November 9?  If you can can we communicate through Twitter or Facebook?
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    I guess I'm just getting frustrated with the sheer number of forced wasted trips to the store. The employees are sick of seeing me, and I'm getting sick of feeling like an annoyance. I stood up for MC on the 3080 launch, but I'm just getting worn down.

A company of this size knows what they are placing on a truck at the DC. A store should know exactly how many of a SKU they are receiving the next day. Start putting this info up on the store facebook pages each evening for the next day. Something. Anything is better than the status quo.

I get it, the website may not be the best, but the lack of communication we're seeing with the recent launches can't all be blamed on system limitations. The fact is, one person at HQ could be tasked with communication on high-demand product availability at the stores, and it would be a night and day difference. We're talking 30 minutes a day of someone's time. There's not that many MC stores. A simple post on this community forum each evening could give expectations for the next morning at each store in a simple spreadsheet.

Whoever is in charge has to WANT to do that though, and right now, our time isn't important enough to them.
    Believe me when I say I understand your frustration. There is one misconception in here that I think I should correct though, and it's that we don't actually always know how many of these products we're receiving. 

At least with the Ryzen 9 5950X and the RTX 3080/3090, manufacturers have been drop-shipping these directly to the stores, they're not being routed through a distribution center first. What's been happening is we might expect or plan to have 15 come in on an order but only get 5. We may not know until that package arrives because a tracking number isn't going to show what's inside that box. Or a shipment could be delayed and there's nothing we can do until it arrives. I don't know if this is the case with the lower-end SKUs or not, but that's why it's hard for us to give advanced notice. I'd be more than happy to give you all a nice spreadsheet or schedule or something, but it's just not something I have to give. 

I know that doesn't change the situation, but I hope that at least provides some clarity. 
  • I am thinking of waiting at MC FX anyone thinks they will get anything?
  • Turkishexpress
    edited November 2020
    Options
  • bad_with_money
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Eric2 I just got to the Rockville MC. It looks like I'm the only one around here. I'm going to hang out in my car, but I'll definitely post here if I see anything or talk to any employees. I have no idea if they are getting anything. I've heard that truck days (Tues and Thurs for Rockville) are most likely, but I guess I'll just wait and see.
  • Ichigo
    Options
    Can anyone tell how the stock of 5600x/5900x looks in Madison Heights? It's like 50 mins away and a wasted trip would ruin the whole day. 
  • Ichigo
    Options
    @bad_with_money Does MC restock on a truck by truck basis? Or could some of the trucks be duds?
  • Eric2
    Options
    @bad_with_money. Yes please make sure to post here and tell me if the batches came in 
  • asd6789
    Options
    Camped 2 nights at Tustin for a 5950x, pretty weak that we didn't find out until the morning-of the release that there weren't any 5950x's and only 5 5900x's... I left with a 5800x.
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Ichigo said:
    @bad_with_money Does MC restock on a truck by truck basis? Or could some of the trucks be duds?
    During normal times, we do typically get regular shipments, however, with these releases, we've expedited our shipments, some of which are now being drop shipped directly to the store. So we really can't say when a new shipment will be delivered. Personally, I haven't seen any restocks of the 5000 series CPUs at this time. Hopefully, we'll have them soon!
  • JS_MC
    Options
    asd6789 said:
    Camped 2 nights at Tustin for a 5950x, pretty weak that we didn't find out until the morning-of the release that there weren't any 5950x's and only 5 5900x's... I left with a 5800x.
    That's rough, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, our store management won't know the total inventory we received until the morning of, and they wouldn't be able to share those details until the release time of 9am EST due to the NDA. Apologies for any inconvenience but I'm glad to hear you got a 5800X. It's an impressive CPU!
  • T_C
    T_C ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Have we received any clarification on the meaning of "Limited Availability"? 
    I understand it was escalated to the web team via TSTonyV on 6 November.  I am viewing this on a desktop on Chrome so it isn't the previously mentioned "mobile only" issue.  When viewing all products (including out of stock) I clearly see SKUs with inventory numbers, listed as "sold out" and 5000 series listed as "limited availability".  

• Brad_Isnard
    Options
    TSTonyV said:

Believe me when I say I understand your frustration. There is one misconception in here that I think I should correct though, and it's that we don't actually always know how many of these products we're receiving. 

At least with the Ryzen 9 5950X and the RTX 3080/3090, manufacturers have been drop-shipping these directly to the stores, they're not being routed through a distribution center first. What's been happening is we might expect or plan to have 15 come in on an order but only get 5. We may not know until that package arrives because a tracking number isn't going to show what's inside that box. Or a shipment could be delayed and there's nothing we can do until it arrives. I don't know if this is the case with the lower-end SKUs or not, but that's why it's hard for us to give advanced notice. I'd be more than happy to give you all a nice spreadsheet or schedule or something, but it's just not something I have to give. 

I know that doesn't change the situation, but I hope that at least provides some clarity. 
    I totally understand the unpredictable nature of the drop ships. I’m really talking more about the stock that is coming in from the regular trucks. Thanks for your work. I know you don’t have all the answers, but I appreciate you trying. I just wish you were given more of the answers. 
  • Paperjace
    Options
    Was second in line today at the Rockville store for either a 5950x or 5900x.  They didn't have either. Got there at 1am and just heard back at 11:22a. Total bummer. Thankfully they did a waiting list so I could leave the store at around 6am.
  • Joellybeans
    Options
    Swifty said:
    Here is an update to all the people by the Tustin store. I just stopped by the store and they told me that they are getting shipments everyday of new stuff. There is no guarantee that any ryzen 5000 chips will be in those shipments but, people are literally camping out in front of the store. So if you really want a gpu or ryzen 5000 you pretty much need to camp out in front of the store during the week and hope the shipment they get has what you want. Once it’s in stock it sells out in minutes. I think I am just going to wait a few months and get what I want after new year. 
    I think I will do the same. I am not camping out. Thank you for the update
    LandShark said:
    Hey @Joellybeans! Hmm, It's showing as sold out for me. I can confirm that Tustin is sold out of the new 5800X and 5900X at this time.
    I figured, thank you for the update, I am going to try to find some time next week to pop by just for the sake of seeing how the lines and everything looks. 
  • JS_MC
    Options
    Best of luck! Hopefully, we'll have some fresh inventory soon!
  • In regards to the MicroCenter in Fairfax for all the people that waited in line on Day 1 for a 5950x, the original shipment got lost in the mail. Somehow... someway.... but the replacement shipment should come tomorrow Wednesday 11/11. Hopefully.... we’ll see what happens. I was #6 of 6 in line getting a 5950x. All I have is a voucher still but I’m not really mad because I know I’m gonna get it eventually and it wasn’t MicroCenters fault. Apparently it’s typical FedEx that didn’t come through... I’ll keep you guys posted if I get mine tomorrow or not. 
  • Emanuel
    Options
    Does anyone know about the Fairfax, VA store? People camping? any drops since last week?
  • Emanuel
    Options
    In regards to the MicroCenter in Fairfax for all the people that waited in line on Day 1 for a 5950x, the original shipment got lost in the mail. Somehow... someway.... but the replacement shipment should come tomorrow Wednesday 11/11. Hopefully.... we’ll see what happens. I was #6 of 6 in line getting a 5950x. All I have is a voucher still but I’m not really mad because I know I’m gonna get it eventually and it wasn’t MicroCenters fault. Apparently it’s typical FedEx that didn’t come through... I’ll keep you guys posted if I get mine tomorrow or not. 
    Do you if other CPUs will drop with this one?
  • Emanuel said:
    In regards to the MicroCenter in Fairfax for all the people that waited in line on Day 1 for a 5950x, the original shipment got lost in the mail. Somehow... someway.... but the replacement shipment should come tomorrow Wednesday 11/11. Hopefully.... we’ll see what happens. I was #6 of 6 in line getting a 5950x. All I have is a voucher still but I’m not really mad because I know I’m gonna get it eventually and it wasn’t MicroCenters fault. Apparently it’s typical FedEx that didn’t come through... I’ll keep you guys posted if I get mine tomorrow or not. 
    Do you if other CPUs will drop with this one?
    I honestly have no idea. All I know is that a replacement order was placed for all the people that didn’t get their 5950x’s on day 1. Not sure what else is in this shipment but it’s probable that they ordered more of everything. 
    Options
    Any information on the Dallas, TX MC?  Temp closed today for cleaning, but I am an hour away so checking daily is not in the cards.  I'm interested in 5600X availability.  Thanks in advance.
  • Druboo
    Options
    Anyone have any info on availability or waiting list for sharonville ohio store?  Is there a list to get on? Is there a line forming in the mornings still? 
  • I guess I'm just getting frustrated with the sheer number of forced wasted trips to the store. The employees are sick of seeing me, and I'm getting sick of feeling like an annoyance. I stood up for MC on the 3080 launch, but I'm just getting worn down.

They could be in person scalpers are totally a thing. They are seeing nothing but dollar signs. Telling people where these are is not going to help the supply issue. I too want what you want and it makes sense until you factor in scalping A**holes. They should require ID scan that locks you out after 1 Ryzen 5000 purchase. But even then they could use their bother GF parents to get a number of the things. There isn't a great solution. Also, for the record the demand this year is unprecedented, BY A  LOT.
  • LandShark said:
    Best of luck! Hopefully, we'll have some fresh inventory soon!

• Doug1987
    Options
    OK. So if you get more 5800X in. I would have to be there to buy it or can I buy it online and come pick it up?
  • Emanuel
    Options
    Doug1987 said:
    OK. So if you get more 5800X in. I would have to be there to buy it or can I buy it online and come pick it up?
    I've seen where they get parts in stock and the website doesn't get updated. Last week I went in the evening to try my luck out with Ryzen and came out with an EVGA RTX3080 which was not showing in stock. They know what's coming and when but they don't want to say. I used to work at GameStop a decade ago and we knew what was in every shipment, you have too in order to consolidate paperwork and make sure you got everything as planned. 
  • bogee
    Options
    Does $20 off motherboard with CPU valid for open box Motherboards? Can anyone tell? 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99