AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Comments

• You do not get the $20 off with an open box motherboard. Got an open box X570 a couple weeks ago and asked them about that. The manager said they do not. Not too big a deal for me, as I got a crazy deal on the mobo.
  • LandShark said:
    Hey @Joellybeans! Hmm, It's showing as sold out for me. I can confirm that Tustin is sold out of the new 5800X and 5900X at this time.
    Lots of gpu stock today in CT figured there would be slim to none on the CPU frront but here's hoping later this week into next. Met alot of chill dudes today waiting to see what was on the truck. We all got nowinstock alerts at once for other stuff too hilarious moments.
  • Guest said:
    Any information on the Dallas, TX MC?  Temp closed today for cleaning, but I am an hour away so checking daily is not in the cards.  I'm interested in 5600X availability.  Thanks in advance.
    I'm like 2 hours away so can't check daily either. Couldn't go on release, I have called today and monday and talked with a rep. Doesn't sound like they know when they'll get any. This being for 5900x and 5950x. I know you asked for 5600x availability, but i only asked them about top skus. I will ask in the future about all skus. They did not have any new stock yesterday, and had no new stock today either. Rep I spoke to on Monday said he expected new stock on Tuesday and Thursday, Rep I talked to today said he expected new stock on Wednesday and Friday. I'm hoping that's a miscommunication there and Monday rep meant "stock comes in on Tuesday/Thursday night, to be available the next morning" while today's rep meant "we'll have the stock available Wednesday and Friday mornings" which would be the same thing, rather than two different things. I'm going to call tomorrow afternoon and find out if they got any new stock on the truck. Then if they did get stock on the truck between Tues/Wed, I will call again on Friday, see if they got stock on that truck between Thurs/Fri, assuming they did get stock on that truck, then it's probably a safe assumption that they'll get stock next week on Tuesday/Thursday nights, to be available Wed/Fri mornings. So would just need to campout on the right night. I can sort of wait it out for one since the board I want to put it in, ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero X570 hasn't been "released" yet (at least in the US) and ASUS has given zero info about its release, so I suspect it might not be available for a while. 
  • I really wish MC did an EVGA-style queue. When stock comes in, you get a notice, you have 8 hours to buy the card or it continues down the queue. Maybe that's not feasible for in-store purchases, but I can't drive an hour away to check stock every morning.
  • not sure if they ever update the stock for it to hit  the website, but incase you ever wanted to see stock by store it's kinda possible..? if you set the location to shippable items and looked for (ex.) the 5900x, it'll ask you to choose a store from the drop down. the drop down shows the location and "Out of Stock" instead of limited availability. Hope the little findings help. 

• SMO said:
    not sure if they ever update the stock for it to hit  the website, but incase you ever wanted to see stock by store it's kinda possible..? if you set the location to shippable items and looked for (ex.) the 5900x, it'll ask you to choose a store from the drop down. the drop down shows the location and "Out of Stock" instead of limited availability. Hope the little findings help. 

This is the best idea by far. I'd love to see it implemented.
    Also, does anyone know if the Ryzen stock is updated on the MC website for online purchase --> in-person pickup?

• This is the best idea by far. I'd love to see it implemented.
    Also, does anyone know if the Ryzen stock is updated on the MC website for online purchase --> in-person pickup?
    They probably aren't going to allow in person pick up for a while, like with the 3080s for a while unfortunately

• Anybody heard about stock of the 5900x and 3080s coming to the Parkville MD MC today?
  • Nothing today at Cambridge MC
  • Writing this
    Emanuel said:
    Does anyone know about the Fairfax, VA store? People camping? any drops since last week?
    See my comment a page back. People camped basically around the building. My friend and I were maybe 16/17th overall. I wanted the 5/6th 5950X and he managed to get a 5900X on launch day.
    In regards to the MicroCenter in Fairfax for all the people that waited in line on Day 1 for a 5950x, the original shipment got lost in the mail. Somehow... someway.... but the replacement shipment should come tomorrow Wednesday 11/11. Hopefully.... we’ll see what happens. I was #6 of 6 in line getting a 5950x. All I have is a voucher still but I’m not really mad because I know I’m gonna get it eventually and it wasn’t MicroCenters fault. Apparently it’s typical FedEx that didn’t come through... I’ll keep you guys posted if I get mine tomorrow or not. 
    Ha, are we the same person? I was wearing the Virginia Tech sweat pants if that jogs your memory. Great group of guys out there for sure, lots of fun camping despite the outcome :smile:
  • Im hoping cambridge mass gets a 5900 or 5950x in stock, seems to be impossible to get online,  i dont know if they will list them online when they get them though, dont want to call them to bother but probably have to.
  • @Uncledeadhead Calling the store rings through to our corporate call center in Ohio. At this time, we aren't certain when we'll be getting more stock of the 5000 series CPUs. Trust me, we want to get them in just as bad as you want to take one home. 😂 Hopefully, we'll have some very soon!
  • SMO said:

This is the best idea by far. I'd love to see it implemented.
    They probably aren't going to allow in person pick up for a while, like with the 3080s for a while unfortunately

I'd have to agree with this. It'll probably be some time before reservations are able to be made. I do know that we won't be making them available for online purchase as these are in-store only items.
  • XPGeek said:
    Writing this
    Emanuel said:
    Does anyone know about the Fairfax, VA store? People camping? any drops since last week?
    See my comment a page back. People camped basically around the building. My friend and I were maybe 16/17th overall. I wanted the 5/6th 5950X and he managed to get a 5900X on launch day.
    In regards to the MicroCenter in Fairfax for all the people that waited in line on Day 1 for a 5950x, the original shipment got lost in the mail. Somehow... someway.... but the replacement shipment should come tomorrow Wednesday 11/11. Hopefully.... we’ll see what happens. I was #6 of 6 in line getting a 5950x. All I have is a voucher still but I’m not really mad because I know I’m gonna get it eventually and it wasn’t MicroCenters fault. Apparently it’s typical FedEx that didn’t come through... I’ll keep you guys posted if I get mine tomorrow or not. 
    Ha, are we the same person? I was wearing the Virginia Tech sweat pants if that jogs your memory. Great group of guys out there for sure, lots of fun camping despite the outcome :smile:
    Haha, I think you were right before me. I was definitely the last one to get a 5950x voucher. Lol. Definitely an awesome group! But anyway, got an email from MicroCenter today. They have the replacement 5950x's in hand! Going to pick mine up now. 
  • i am waiting for 5600 to be back in stock 
  • \LandShark said:
    @Uncledeadhead Calling the store rings through to our corporate call center in Ohio. At this time, we aren't certain when we'll be getting more stock of the 5000 series CPUs. Trust me, we want to get them in just as bad as you want to take one home. 😂 Hopefully, we'll have some very soon!
    yeah i def didnt want to bother the store with calls, its  like an hour drive for me, so maybe ill  give it a shot on friday or something maybe getthere a few hours before open and hope maybe to get lucky. Thanks for the help!
  • LandShark said:
    @Uncledeadhead Calling the store rings through to our corporate call center in Ohio. 
    Is this true for calling any MicroCenter store or just that one in particular? I've been calling the Westmont store to ask about stock and the person answering has always sorta acted as if they were at the store and checking to see if new stock had come in. Are they just BSing me?
  • @futurewolfie Yes, It's true that all our stores ring through to our call center. However, our call center associates can see the stock in our stores.
  • Anyone try to get a 5600x recently at Fairfax? Just wondering if there's an ideal time to go, or if anyone knows if they're getting shipments in soon.
  • It's pathetic that you guys would make us stand in  lines to get newly released products at all, let alone in a pandemic, most of us have lives and can't or even wont sit outside a Micro Center and play hobo .
     A. Its a pandemic
    B. What is so hard about having a queue? 
    C. Nothing, the only reason for this is to make us roam your stores hoping we buy something else. That's a disgusting move in normal times, in a pandemic, its despicable and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. 
  • Any updates if Paterson NJ will have stock?
  • Any updates on Rockville MD micro center 
  • obogobo
    obogobo ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    FYI the 3600XT is at its lowest price ever on Amazon right now, and if you have the prime store/credit card there's a promo where you'll get an additional 10% off via statement credit. Got tired of checking this thread everyday so just picked one up - ended up being less than $200 said and done!

Peace at last 😌will check back in 3 months. Saw this and gave up: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jruvdz/bh_update_email_states_5900x_wont_fulfill_until/
  • obogobo said:
    FYI the 3600XT is at its lowest price ever on Amazon right now, and if you have the prime store/credit card there's a promo where you'll get an additional 10% off via statement credit. Got tired of checking this thread everyday so just picked one up - ended up being less than $200 said and done!

Peace at last 😌will check back in 3 months. Saw this and gave up: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jruvdz/bh_update_email_states_5900x_wont_fulfill_until/

You may have convinced me to hold off on Ryzen 5000 for now. I gave my entire rig to my brother who needed it for work. I didn't think it would take so long to get a CPU and GPU.
    I was thinking of getting the best X570 board available and putting a cheap CPU in it until a 5600x/6800 XT is available. My laptop is just not cutting it.
    I use my rig for 3D academic software and gaming, then leave it on idle as a plex server. Might crosspost for suggestions.

• obogobo
    obogobo ✭✭
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    I was thinking of getting the best X570 board available and putting a cheap CPU in it until a 5600x/6800 XT is available.
    That's exactly what I'm doing yeah. Picked up a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme (friggen $700!) and it's laughably going to run a 3600XT for the next few months lol.
  • It's pathetic that you guys would make us stand in  lines to get newly released products at all, let alone in a pandemic, most of us have lives and can't or even wont sit outside a Micro Center and play hobo .
     A. Its a pandemic
    B. What is so hard about having a queue? 
    C. Nothing, the only reason for this is to make us roam your stores hoping we buy something else. That's a disgusting move in normal times, in a pandemic, its despicable and you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. 
    I'm someone who's probably pretty conservative with my exposure risks due to immuno-suppressed family members.  I'm very cautious about where I'll go out and the practices I observe when I do.  However...I find this post hysterical.  It's a CPU.  It's not a "necessity" for living.  Yes, there's a pandemic, so if you are concerned, buy it online when it's available or wait until this initial limited availability rush passes.  It's been how many days since launch?  For all we know, these could be approaching regular inventory status in a week or two.  
    You also gloss over the fact that these stores are trying to operate as best they can in a pandemic.  Having people wait in line to process orders...where would you have them wait?  They need to do it quickly and orderly.  Keep everyone outside?  Then people would complain if there was inclement weather.  I know the store in my area limits the number of people in store, but those inside, they ask to respect social distancing practices and have signs reminding people over this, throughout the store.  Sure, some other people are arseholes and have no basic human decency and refuse to take basic safety precautions, but that's not MC's fault, nor do I expect one of their employees to be responsible for confronting these people to address it.  You have to decide the level of risk and personal responsibility you are going to take by going there.  
    Lastly, MC's CPU/Mobo combo deals have always been practically a loss leader for them.  I have no idea if they actually do make any profit on them once the discounts apply, but even at full price, there's not a LOT of profit in these.  Accessories have always been where the money is at in electronics items and requiring in person purchases, to increase the odds that you'll purchase something else you need while there, is just the cost of us being able to source these products locally with ease.  Later on, I'm sure MC will offer the most competitive pricing once inventory improves and I can't really fault them for implementing basic business principles so they can continue to exist as a brick and mortar experience.  

I'm waiting for the Cincinnati area store to hopefully get some 5800/5900's in stock for a build I'm helping a friend out with, although I'm seriously tempted to replace my 3700x that I just picked up five months ago with the performance gains we're seeing.  I'll be waiting for things to settle down a bit though, probably closer to Christmas or just after, depending on how it all pans out.  
  • @Eric2 I just got to the Rockville MC. It looks like I'm the only one around here. I'm going to hang out in my car, but I'll definitely post here if I see anything or talk to any employees. I have no idea if they are getting anything. I've heard that truck days (Tues and Thurs for Rockville) are most likely, but I guess I'll just wait and see.
    Did you end up getting one this week? I'm going to swing by this weekend and hope for something but I won't be surprised if they're out of stock still. I'm closer to the Fairfax store but the motherboard I want is only in stock at Rockville MC. I'd love to camp out but I get to work at 5am Sun-Thur  :/
  • Lainofthewired
    edited November 2020
    Am I wrong in that Tustin hasn't gotten any after the initial launch?
  • Any word? bad_with_money said:
    Anybody have more information about the 5900x at Rockville, MD? I was 17th in line on release day and guy #16 was the last person to get one. I have heard that truck day is Tuesday, so I'm planing on getting there about 5am. Can anybody speak to getting more in tomorrow?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99