AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• I'm Looking for the same Tustin Information, I was there for the 18th drop but was to far back in line and missed out on a 9 series and am hoping to find out the next one. It's a drive for me to show up every day to ask about the drop offs.
    I just added the texting but looks like its no help for this.
  • chopper_dave
    Options
    What time of day do microcenter stores update their website with accurate in stock information? Thanks 
  • JS_MC
    Options
    What time of day do microcenter stores update their website with accurate in stock information? Thanks 

Typically it's updated every 15 minutes. However, with recently released items vouchers for the items may have already been handed out. We can't promise the stock on these is accurate until we start to receive more consistent inventory. 
  • Cvzg77rs
    Options
    Ahhhhh still looking for a 5900x in the Dallas area anyone know when they get deliveries? 
  • Joellybeans
    Options
    Looks like 5800 is becoming more available. I was able to get one online without any fuss, thank goodness too. The thought of going anywhere near Tustin Microcenter gives me anxiety 
  • Benito
    Options
    Yeah that’s because nobody really see’s the value in the 5800 the one that people usually want is the 5900 even the 5600 is out selling the 5800 because of price to value. But good for you getting the 5800 is still a great processor.
  • Vaggeto
    Options
    From what I am told in Dallas, shipments are Monday-Friday only (in the mornings) and you never knew if they will have these processors or not. From the folks who have been waiting in line nightly, the stock on the website is rarely updated even if they are on the truck that morning. They come to hand out vouchers to the group in line at around 30 minutes before opening.

So basically you have to just camp out randomly and hope you get lucky, and if it does hope you got in line early enough to get it. Recently they got a shipment of 5950x and there were only 3 with about 40 people in line and many for the processors (some also for graphics)
  • Vaggeto
    Options
    Vaggeto said:
    From what I am told in Dallas, shipments are Monday-Friday only (in the mornings) and you never knew if they will have these processors or not. From the folks who have been waiting in line nightly, the stock on the website is rarely updated even if they are on the truck that morning. They come to hand out vouchers to the group in line at around 30 minutes before opening.

So basically you have to just camp out randomly and hope you get lucky, and if it does hope you got in line early enough to get it. Recently they got a shipment of 5950x and there were only 3 with about 40 people in line and many for the processors (some also for graphics)

Also, something to note is that on the day they got the 3 5950x, they had no other 5 series processors. So they don't seem to be coming in groups etc.
  • SwaggyP_KC
    Options
    Anyone happen to know if the Overland Park, KS location will have any 5900X for Friday? Been checking in periodically, and haven't found any yet. Thanks!
  • GOOO
    Options
    Rockville locations has 4 ryzen 7 5800x’s as of 10 am on black Friday. Go!!!
  • Brad_Isnard
    Options
    Anyone happen to know if the Overland Park, KS location will have any 5900X for Friday? Been checking in periodically, and haven't found any yet. Thanks!
    I’ll share what i learned. I got a 5900X on Wednesday at the OP store. I grabbed some lunch and waited in my truck to see if a UPS or Fedex delivery would come. Both delivered around 1pm that day. Fedex actually delivered the big box that the processors came in. Someone in the back checked things in I guess, and 30-45 min later they brought the box out to the floor and put it in the locked storage room near the pc cases. I didn’t notice this at first, so I waited around another 30 min I didn’t need to unfortunately. I walked by the BYO desk and noticed a 5950X sitting out. I asked a employee about it, and he said “oh, yeah, we just got more. Which one do you want?” Walked out with a 5900X a few min later. 

I think for the foreseeable future, you just have to get lucky and catch a shipment, but if you can narrow down about when those shipments arrive, at least you can increase your odds. 
  • Geeky1
    Options
    Swifty said:
    Guys and gals, download the app hot stock. I was able to get a 5900x from best buy this morning thanks to a notification from the app. Clicked it the second the notification came in and with a few refreshes I was able to check out and I finally secured my cpu and I am picking it up next week. Like most of you I have a job where I am working most of the day and can’t camp out in front of/drive to micro center for days on end waiting for them to receive what I want. 

Are notifications only available from the app? I'd been checking that website regularly for a while but didn't see a notify/email option.
  • Geeky1
    Options
    OoAIDoO said:
    Hello good people, as of now (11/20 12:30pm CT) Denver has 10+ 5600x in stock! Hurry.

Damn, I gave up checking daily for awhile and happened to check on Nov. 21 and saw 1 in stock in the pm, but had a meeting and wasn't able  to drive over there right away. The website actually showed it available for a couple of hours.
    On Black Friday early am, the site showed 1 in stock again and I drove out and got there 5 minutes before opening, but the doors were already open with at least 50 people in there. The salesman told me it was a mistake (service dept for a build), so I figured the 1 on the 21st was a mistake as well. I'm not going to bother to make the drive unless at least more than a handful show up.
  • Can I reserve one of these for in-store pickup if I see them in stock online? I was able to do this with a motherboard, I just added it to my cart and it's reserved for me to pick it up in-person now. Can I do that for the Zen 3 CPU's as well or is there some restriction I'm not aware of? 
  • Leom
    Options
    Any updates for Rockville, Md to Fairfax, Va?
  • JD23
    Options
    Can I reserve one of these for in-store pickup if I see them in stock online? I was able to do this with a motherboard, I just added it to my cart and it's reserved for me to pick it up in-person now. Can I do that for the Zen 3 CPU's as well or is there some restriction I'm not aware of? 
    New AMD and NVIDIA CPUs and GPUs have not reliably been popping up on the site. And, to my knowledge, have never been actually for sale on the site. Stock typically is bought up immediately upon opening as people are waiting overnight to get these products. I was told that the FFX location did have several 5800x's that were unclaimed this weekend, however. Maybe stock will start to normalize in the next few weeks.
  • Geeky1
    Geeky1 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2020
    Options
    5800X showed as 25+ in Denver all day yesterday! Was still at 25+ this morning, then 20 midmorning, then 18 an hour or so later, 8 this afternoon, and 5 as I just checked at 3:18 pm. Sounds like it's worth driving over when there's 25+.
    Unfortunately, 5600x showed 1 in stock yesterday and was sold out when I checked again after maybe an hour. 3rd time I've seen it show up as 1 in stock. I'm not going to dash over there unless there's 10 or more and hope it arrives on a day I'm not in meetings all day like today.
  • DanB
    Options
    Just noticed my local store (Mayfield, OH) now says the 5900X is "NOT CARRIED IN THIS STOREinstead of it merely being "Sold out" like the rest of the 5000s.  As this was the CPU I've been waiting on, I'm a little concerned.  Any thoughts?
  • TSTDavey
    Options
    @DanB we just checked Mayfield inventory and they are sold out. But the store should be carrying the 5900x. It should say "Sold Out". Mayfield is currently closed due to power. We'll look into the "Not Carried..." message on our website and update this post.
  • DanB
    Options
    Much appreciated - it's back to the normal "Sold Out," now.  Still means I'm waiting for what feels like an eternity, but at least I won't have to go elsewhere!
  • The_GOAT
    Options
    The line at the Tustin store was pretty long yesterday morning.  50ish people by the looks of it.   I had swung by since I was in the area.  They had no info on how many cpus they were getting, but they knew cpus were going to be available.   
    Anyone know how many 5950s they ended up getting?
  • SLySToNE
    Options
    Hey Admin quick question, why has Microcenter allowed people to break State of Ohio mandated Stay at Home order of 10pm-5am COVID curfew on Black Friday that got reported to the State? I thought Microcenter said they were enforcing the State mandate because they can be fined or shuttered? HQ told us on the phone that nobody could camp out for this 21 day period, but Ohio stores had people camping out anyway after management said they would run people off or had been running campers off recently. They are bragging about it on the Discord about it not being enforced lol. I drove by after getting off work and there was people already lined up and camped out well before 5am. What gives?
  • Axicom
    Axicom
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Will this thread be updated when 5800x's are restocked in the St. Davids location in PA? I've gone in for 3 consecutive days asking whether or not this would be restocked and I've been get the same answer of "tomorrow". 
  • GOOO
    Options
    ILeom said:
    Any updates for Rockville, Md to Fairfax, Va?
    I was just there and they had a few 3090s did not check the cpus 
  • Jatlukze
    Options
    I'm Looking for the same Tustin Information, I was there for the 18th drop but was to far back in line and missed out on a 9 series and am hoping to find out the next one. It's a drive for me to show up every day to ask about the drop offs.
    I just added the texting but looks like its no help for this.
    I was at the Tustin, CA store today and I asked the salesperson about their shipments. The salesperson told me they usually restock the 5x00 CPUs on Monday and Wednesday morning. They just give out vourchers in the morning before the store open. So I guess I will be there at a random Monday/Wednesday morning, wait in line and test my luck. 
  • Any updates if Paterson NJ will have 5900x/5950x in stock?
  • ezekial
    Options
    Lolwat they raised the price of 3600 to 249.99. $50 over MSRP. 
  • Michael_G
    Michael_G
    First Comment
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ezekial said:
    Lolwat they raised the price of 3600 to 249.99. $50 over MSRP. 
    I saw that. Nice way to ruin a little boy’s Christmas MC. If I am not going to pay scalpers over MSRP, then why would I pay you more?  I am really starting to kick myself for taking store credit vs a full refund last time I was there. 
  • sunnybody
    Options
    Hi, any approximate idea when we can expect some stock of AMD 5950x at the Cambridge Microcenter? Like others, I check online stock everyday to see “some” activity but to no avail. It’s been weeks. 
  • Cvzg77rs
    Options
    I talked to an associate at the Dallas one and he said that they have received 5600's and 5800's and when I was there they said they had 5800's and a 3090. I was looking for a 5900x and he said they havent seen any since launch maybe another box after but not many and 6800xt's they havent seen. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99