AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• eaglep91
    Options
    Any word? bad_with_money said:
    Anybody have more information about the 5900x at Rockville, MD? I was 17th in line on release day and guy #16 was the last person to get one. I have heard that truck day is Tuesday, so I'm planing on getting there about 5am. Can anybody speak to getting more in tomorrow?

Can't expect that I saw someone here also in Rockville, lol. I just heard there might be something tomorrow but can't get any confirmation. It's too late to call or visit, not sure to go or not.
  • T_C
    Options
    T_C said:
    Have we received any clarification on the meaning of "Limited Availability"? 
    I understand it was escalated to the web team via TSTonyV on 6 November.  I am viewing this on a desktop on Chrome so it isn't the previously mentioned "mobile only" issue.  When viewing all products (including out of stock) I clearly see SKUs with inventory numbers, listed as "sold out" and 5000 series listed as "limited availability".  

Just following up on this.
  • T_C
    T_C ✭✭
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    bogee said:
    Does $20 off motherboard with CPU valid for open box Motherboards? Can anyone tell? 

No it is not.  I asked in store and was told the discount is included in the open box reduction (even though sometimes the deal is cheaper than the open box)

• T_C
    Options
    So according to Moore's Law is Dead, AMD plans on selling 1 million Zen3 chips this quarter.  Given the launch date, that is 500,000 a month between now and the end of the year.  Be patient, they are coming.

• A_niche
    Options
    It seems MC in Cambridge,MA had 30 5600Xs today. No 5950X :neutral: Don't know if they went through the 5600X stock yet
  • Anyone know anything of the St Louis Park 5600x stock?
  • Dethy
    Options
    T_C said:
    So according to Moore's Law is Dead, AMD plans on selling 1 million Zen3 chips this quarter.  Given the launch date, that is 500,000 a month between now and the end of the year.  Be patient, they are coming.

Sauce?
    Also most of it will go to OEM's for their system rollouts.
  • Wrokrn
    Options
    Anyone know if any stores in NY got stock today?
  • LandShark said:
    Hey @Joellybeans! Hmm, It's showing as sold out for me. I can confirm that Tustin is sold out of the new 5800X and 5900X at this time.
    Lots of gpu stock today in CT figured there would be slim to none on the CPU frront but here's hoping later this week into next. Met alot of chill dudes today waiting to see what was on the truck. We all got nowinstock alerts at once for other stuff too hilarious moments.
    I live in Connecticut. Where are you looking for stock? I didn’t think there was a Microcenter in CT. Looking for a 5900X. Thought I was going to have to drive to NJ 
  • Eric2
    Options
    Does micro center receive shipment during the weekend ? Or should I just wait for like another 2 weeeks for stock to be stable ?
  • Michael_G
    Options
    Does anyone know if Fairfax has any 5600x stock?
  • jphila
    Options
    Anyone know about stock at the St Davids/PA store?
  • Ked
    Options
    Anyone know anything about the Sterling Heights MC getting any 5950 tomorrow? I live a hour away and work before they open on the weekdays so I can’t drive out to see if they have any stock or not.
  • RRV43
    Options
    Did Tustin location ever get 5900x stock??
  • If it is true that AMD thinks they’re going to ship 1M units in Q4, guaranteed that is 90% low end SKUs based on patterns we’re already seeing. The 5600/5800 and the 5900/5950 exist in different realities.  The former providing AMD plausible deniability so the faithful can claim “not a paper launch!!!” even as the latter, which are the parts that created the hype, fail to show in any significant volume outside of eBay before 2021
  • Joellybeans
    Options
    T_C said:

Well that's good to know, my computer is practically built. I'm just waiting on a CPU and a Graphics Card. I don't plan on camping out... ever... and I am in no rush. Hopefully get both before summer of 2021

• BlueHawk0172
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Michael_G said:
    Does anyone know if Fairfax has any 5600x stock?
    I was there this morning for opening and they didn't have anything in stock. Got placed on the waitlist for the day didn't get a text.. - I was about 12th-15th in line, looking to get a 5900X. 
  • BlueHawk0172
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Going to Rockville tomorrow to pick up my motherboard and some other things, who's coming out for a party?  :D  Of course I'm hoping for a 5900X to go with it... lol 
  • AaronJB
    Options
    Does anyone know if Microcenter stores around the country have been getting shipments of Zen 3s in since launch day? I assume if they have been getting them in that the quantities are likely small. Just curious. Online vedor stock seems to be non-exsistant. 
  • Benito
    Options
    I’m in will be there around 8:30AM hoping they have a 5600x
  • Eric2
    Options
    Benito said:
    I’m in will be there around 8:30AM hoping they have a 5600x

@Benito I was there today (Friday) around 9 and when I got there we all made a line in the back and then they asked us what we came for , a guy in line said he wanted 5950x but then the store manager (i think) said that there were people from 6am on a waiting list already claiming the spot for those cpu . There were about 15 people at 6 am . So i would suggest you get up a little earlier . 
  • Honest question: If you could get the i9-10850k for the same price as a 5600x, would you still wait for the 5600x stock or "settle" for the i9? I'm starting to wonder if this is worth the hassle for a new build...
  • Picked up a 5950x at Westbury NY store Thursday morning at open.  There were about a dozen of us waiting in line and when they opened they said they got 5950x's and 5600x' in that morning.  Not sure how many were left but those of us hoping for a 5900x I think bit the bullet and grabbed the 5950x.
  • A_niche
    Options
    Wow you got really lucky with the 5950x! I wish I could get my hands on one
  • UPDATE ON FAIRFAX AND ROCKVILLE 
    I got to Rockville about half an hour after they opened, missed my exit and breakfast went longer than expected.. - Ted's Bulletin in Downtown Crown of Gaithersburg btw, HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Anyways.. 
    First time at Rockvilles MC so I was a little lost the whole time and forgot to look for a QR code to scan to get your place in line.. But I figured at 9:30 it was already too late for that anyways... I went to the BYOPC area asked if they had any in stock for shits and giggles, the guy said he doesn't think they've had a shipment in since initial release date. Picked up my Crosshair VII Formula, RAM, and an SSD and went on my way. I also got a text from Fairfax location also texted me saying "todays shipments have come and gone with no GPU's or AMD CPU's this morning. Next best chance would be Tuesday" So I'll swing by there after work on Tuesday and hope for the best... 
    GOODLUCK TO YOU ALL :D 

TLDR -
    Fairfax: NONE - line up Tuesday
    Rockville: NONE (since release?)

• Benito
    Options
    Rockville had CPUs yesterday which sucks because I was working that morning so I couldn’t go. 
  • WTFPCStuff
    Options
    T_C said:

Well that's good to know, my computer is practically built. I'm just waiting on a CPU and a Graphics Card. I don't plan on camping out... ever... and I am in no rush. Hopefully get both before summer of 2021

I can confirm the MLiD story, and his leaks have been pretty accurate. I'm in the same boat. I'm more looking to upgrade for future proofing and sit on a build for a long time, but my current build is fine. I'm not planning to camp, just watching for stock to go stable and hopefully a better motherboard combo discount in the coming month as is historically typical.
  • AlphaOmega
    edited November 2020
    Options
    RRV43 said:
    Tustin received Ryzen 5000 series stock last Monday from what we were told. I went early Friday morning after work around 6am and was the 25th person in line but they never received any. There were 2 3090s and about 10 3070s, and the next possible shipment is this upcoming Monday(11/16). I'm planning on going back again after work on Monday but I'm losing hope. Might just settle for a 3900x at this point... :(
  • Benito
    Options
    3900x is a great cpu 
  • Jason01
    Options
    RRV43 said:
    Tustin received Ryzen 5000 series stock last Monday from what we were told. I went early Friday morning after work around 6am and was the 25th person in line but they never received any. There were 2 3090s and about 10 3070s, and the next possible shipment is this upcoming Monday(11/16). I'm planning on going back again after work on Monday but I'm losing hope. Might just settle for a 3900x at this point... :(

Wait you're saying you waited at 6AM when it opens at 9AM and you were the 25th in line? What on earth...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99