AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• AARGH
    Options
    6 people now at Fairfax location. again from what I was told (so take with a grain of salt) the 5900x and 5800x seem plentiful enough to not rush for them, the 5950x seem like their very limited.
    7 now, I'm going for 5900X, and if by chance they get some 3080's I will grab one...
  • USAgent
    Options
    Anyone get in touch with Westbury?
  • Subtle said:
    THIS JUST IN! MARIETTA STORE HAS 12 5900X!!

3 people lined up already

Do you know how many 5950x stock they have?
  • Ecto1985
    Options
    Only 12?? Yikes, I was definitely hoping for a lot more. Planning on getting to brooklyn store early in the am. Hopefully that will be enough. In a perfect world, these will pop up on Amazon or new egg before then and I can sleep in. 
  • Subtle
    Options
    5950x also in stock! 
  • Jori
    Options
    I just spoke to someone at the Houston location on the phone and he said he did not show that they were going to have the 5900x and he couldnt say for sure about the 5800's on launch day.  *cry*  I dont understand it myself so you guys in line might want to ask an employee on the floor if you can or call the houston number and wait on hold like i did.  He stated other locations would have it but he didnt show any for houston location.
  • Subtle said:
    5950x also in stock! 

Awesome! Do you know how many? Are there a bunch of new people in line now?
  • shark1987
    Options
    Jori said:
    I just spoke to someone at the Houston location on the phone and he said he did not show that they were going to have the 5900x and he couldnt say for sure about the 5800's on launch day.  *cry*  I dont understand it myself so you guys in line might want to ask an employee on the floor if you can or call the houston number and wait on hold like i did.  He stated other locations would have it but he didnt show any for houston location.
    So only 5600x then?
    I was about to ask if anyone had any numbers from the Houston store.
  • Hyperflame
    Hyperflame ✭✭
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    #8 at Fairfax. Was planning on showing up later but the earlier posts had me worried about how many were gonna show up!

Edit: 9 people now.
  • Subtle
    Options
    Marietta has full lineup in system, I was told they have 12 5900x, and a similar amount for the others.

4 people are lined up
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    7 people at Dallas location now
  • phat1 said:
    6 people now at Fairfax location. again from what I was told (so take with a grain of salt) the 5900x and 5800x seem plentiful enough to not rush for them, the 5950x seem like their very limited.
    Ah well. I'd love to camp out, but would be really upset if I wasted the entire night and then not be able to get the 5950x. I'll think about it lol.
    Sorted it out so I can get over there whenever between now and opening, although I'd prefer not to have to stand outside all night so hopefully that "plentiful enough" evaluation is accurate.  Was hoping a 7am arrival would be enough to get one
  • Jori said:
    No one at the Houston store has a clue. The store manager is on vacation. One employee told us this morning there would be no 5950's then later another employee said they would have all of them. I wouldn't trust any of their info.
  • Stanimal
    Options
    Hey!  I am definitely hopping in line for the Ryzen 7 5800x tomorrow. I am at the columbus ohio store. Does anyone have a gauge for what time i need to be there to get a processor?
  • Stanimal
    Options
    Hey!  I am definitely hopping in line for the Ryzen 7 5800x tomorrow. I am at the columbus ohio store. Does anyone have a gauge for what time i need to be there to get a processor?
  • jphila
    Options
    Anybody got any info on whats available at the PA store?  How many 5950xs or 5900xs?
  • @VitorVicente thank you so much for response! I was told as well that it'll be like the 30 series. But I have heard that stock wont be as bad as the 30xxx. Im hoping the car queue was in Houston, TX that'd be amazing for me. Anyone who has info for Houston MC then that would be amazing
    I really hope the stock is significantly better... I had to camp 12+ hours to get a 3080... and I was the last one to get it... it was madness. But past releases for AMD also point to it selling out, despite it having a good amount of stock, so I wouldn't count on being able to just go in at 10 when it opens, camping or waiting for online releases is the go-to strategy, good luck!
    I think I might camp out at Cambridge as well... what time do you plan on getting there? and what do you bring? This would be my first time camping outside of a store
    I haven't decided on the time yet... My advice is, bring a coat, its gonna be cold, and a chair if you can, cause it'll be a couple hours wait minimum.
    Do you think 5am would be earlier enough to get to Cambridge tomorrow morning or is earlier necessary?
  • TRUEfoe
    Options
    Anyone at St Louis Park location yet? 
  • TheRedOx
    Options
    Anyone in line at Westmont, IL yet? I'm just looking for a 5800X and would settle for a 5600X. I'm thinking about heading out around midnight if I have to. 
  • Wranglher
    Options
    phat1 said:
    Update, 5900x count should be around 20 units, less 5950x's but they do have them from what was relayed from an employee to one other person that was here so hopefully that's correct. If you want a 5950x it seems like you may want to hustle down here before others though, currently 4 people here as of posting this, 1 is grabbing a 5950x. 
    Are you and the other 3 going for the 5950x?
    5900x's

@gokitty199 you are instore right now for tomorrow's release?
    I will also be going for 5900X as well
  • dantheman
    Options
    I just came home from the Flushing location, and they already have the signs up by the diy section. The guys told me they already have stock of all processors and they were clearing up the top row where the amd motherboards are to put the X570 motherboards, also there was no line when I was there at 5PM. So if you live in the NYC vicinity, I suggest to go to Flushing.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Guys, they are under NDAs, thats why no one gives actual info!!! 

Microcenter twitter confirmed they have every chip on release, although no numbers, but I've gotten some small hints, and apparently there'll be plenty of stock, some people even said we didnt need to camp
  • bbnn
    bbnn ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Xkix said:
    Anyone in Paterson I left but I’m coming back at midnight 

I might stop by later tonight to check the lines then gonna come back at around 5am, if you're there i'll say hi haha
  • bbnn
    Options
    Guys, they are under NDAs, thats why no one gives actual info!!! 

Microcenter twitter confirmed they have every chip on release, although no numbers, but I've gotten some small hints, and apparently there'll be plenty of stock, some people even said we didnt need to camp

nda lifts on release, so like 9am EST
  • ProfPoopy
    Options
    Jori said:
    No one at the Houston store has a clue. The store manager is on vacation. One employee told us this morning there would be no 5950's then later another employee said they would have all of them. I wouldn't trust any of their info.
    Can you do another update on how many people are at Houston if you don’t mind! Thanks again
  • DOTmjo
    Options
    anyone in Cambridge camping out? 
  • Xkix
    Options
    @bbnn lol sounds good if the line is low I’m gonna sleep in my car what chip you trying to get? 5950x for me 
  • Vaggeto
    Options
    If anyone else is in Dallas or hears about the counts of 5900x and 5950x, please let me know!
  • DaveR
    Options
    DOTmjo said:
    anyone in Cambridge camping out? 
    I was there about 6pm, two folks in line. I will be in line in the morning, expecting a good turn out at this point. According to @VitorVicente, the 3080 launch had many more in line at about the same time, 6pm. At least 20 from the sound of it. Looks like it won't be as big as that at this point, but still going to be a good turnout I think. 
  • 3rd in Patterson.. I heard there gonna have a lot. About 20x 5900X. 5950x is unverified. Expected to have a lot of 5800X/5600x.. I heard 80 or so 5800X..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99