AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• AaronJB
    Options
    Can anyone here who is experienced with past AMD CPU launches speculate on possible stock numbers based on historic launches? 
  • AaronJB said:
    Can anyone here who is experienced with past AMD CPU launches speculate on possible stock numbers based on historic launches? 
    It's 2020 so I wouldn't go by what's happened in the past.
  • Skeebo
    Options
    Serpo33 said:
    Currently 2nd of 3 at Mayfield location 
    Holy crap, I was thinking about maybe getting to Mayfield around midnight or later.
  • AaronJB
    Options
    AaronJB said:
    It's 2020 so I wouldn't go by what's happened in the past.
    That's something I just don't understand. It seems like manufacturers are choosing to produce less when demand this year has been at an all-time high. Or maybe that's just Nvidia.
  • chipsndip464
    Options
    Anyone at Parkville yet?
  • AARGH
    Options
    Wranglher said:
    @gokitty199 you are instore right now for tomorrow's release (17 hours from now)?
    Yes I'm outside currently. Someone needs to bring a projector or something so it's not so boring
    What would we project onto?  Not the best spot for that, it's mostly windows.  Unless someone has a screen, I got an Anker Capsule projector I could bring.
  • AARGH
    Options
    Wranglher said:
    @gokitty199 Good Luck! 
    no switch or mobile games?
    I'm guessing you are #1 inline. 
    Bringing my Switch!
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Microcenter just answered my tweets and said they are expecting 5950Xs on release!!!!
  • ManicDan
    Options
    Can we get some official elaboration on vouchers vs lines. Do some stores have vouchers and hand them out at a specific time only, are others not doing a voucher and will just let people in starting at 9am tomorrow? Even if you get a voucher, what does it actually say regarding your number and waiting order? (like just be back at 9am, or stick around from now until 9am)
  • Is anyone at or going to be at the microcenter in Rockville
  • DaveR
    Options
    Microcenter just answered my tweets and said they are expecting 5950Xs on release!!!!
    Awesome! Been monitoring this thread all day. Still getting there early tomorrow, see you there :smile:
    Wonder about lines vs vouchers also? 
    I am stopping by there after work to find out
  • Toby said:
    Anyone here going to the Georgia locations? Duluth or Marietta? Or even there already?
    I'm probably going to be heading to Duluth to he there at 11-12
    Could you let me know how the line is? I'm trying to figure out if I wanna go to Duluth or Marietta.
  • DaveR said:
    Awesome! Been monitoring this thread all day. Still getting there early tomorrow, see you there :smile:
    Let us know what you find! I haven't waited for the RTX30XXs yet, but I plan to get there early tomorrow for the Ryzen, and maybe if I'm lucky a 3080.
  • futurewolfie
    Options
    AaronJB said:
    That's something I just don't understand. It seems like manufacturers are choosing to produce less when demand this year has been at an all-time high. Or maybe that's just Nvidia.
    COVID has affected manufacturing and shipping and stock is more limited than usual across the board whether you're buying an AMD CPU or a couch
  • VitorVicente
    VitorVicente ✭✭
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    DaveR said:
    Let us know what you find! I haven't waited for the RTX30XXs yet, but I plan to get there early tomorrow for the Ryzen, and maybe if I'm lucky a 3080.
    The system is simple, you queue up, all night, and then in the morning you get vouchers in the order you are lined up. Each store has its own methods to do this, some have organized queues and check-ins others its just purely waiting

Cambridge its wait in line, get vouchers in arrival order as they last, and then come collect
  • gokitty199
    Options
    AARGH said:
    In regards to the location in Fairfax, I am currently the only one here, I'll post updates every few hours with regards to the line
    Anyone from MC  come and talk to you yet?
    negative, one other person just got here
  • Wranglher
    Options
    @gokitty199 @AARGH I'm most likely gonna swing by tomorrow 6am. Hopefully thats early enough. I'm gonna bug y'all later tonight and tomorrow morning before the commute. 
  • gokitty199
    Options
    Wranglher said:
    @gokitty199 @AARGH I'm most likely gonna swing by tomorrow 6am. Hopefully thats early enough. I'm gonna bug y'all later tonight and tomorrow morning before the commute. 
    well keep checking back. I talked to some other guy who said they have plenty of 5950x chips in stock but I can't recall where he heard that. I'll post an update once there's 5 people in line but you can probably snag one in the morning at this rate
  • Xkix
    Options
    In Paterson mc no line atm will not confirm that they have 5950x 
  • ntxawg
    Options
    anyone in Madison Heights, MI waiting outside? I work nights and want to come camp but I can't.
  • ManicDan
    Options
    DaveR said:
    The system is simple, you queue up, all night, and then in the morning you get vouchers in the order you are lined up. Each store has its own methods to do this, some have organized queues and check-ins others its just purely waiting

Cambridge its wait in line, get vouchers in arrival order as they last, and then come collect
    The example for Cambridge, what time are they handing out vouchers? Thats the critical question. Right now the assumption is you wait in line from whenever you wish until 9am when they open. But if they are handing out vouchers at say 10pm or midnight, then in theory there isnt much point waiting until after then if they gave away all of them with the vouchers, but it also means you dont have to stand around from 10pm to 9am. 
  • phat1
    Options
    Wranglher said:
    well keep checking back. I talked to some other guy who said they have plenty of 5950x chips in stock but I can't recall where he heard that. I'll post an update once there's 5 people in line but you can probably snag one in the morning at this rate
    When you say you talked to some other guy, you mean an employee? I doubt I can camp out, but hope I can show up at like 8am and still snag a 5950x.
  • Serpo33
    Options
    If last year is anything to go by for the Mayfield location, there were around 120 plus people around 7am. They sold out of the 12 and 16 cores very fast and had plenty of 6 and 8 core chips to go around. My assumption from everything I have heard is 5-10 5950x, double or triple that for 5900x and a large amount of 5600x and 5800x chips. 
  • gokitty199
    gokitty199 ✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Update, 5900x count should be around 20 units, less 5950x's but they do have them from what was relayed from an employee to one other person that was here so hopefully that's correct. If you want a 5950x it seems like you may want to hustle down here before others though, currently 4 people here as of posting this, 1 is grabbing a 5950x. 
  • phat1
    Options
    Update, 5900x count should be around 20 units, less 5950x's but they do have them from what was relayed from an employee to one other person that was here so hopefully that's correct. If you want a 5950x it seems like you may want to hustle down here before others though, currently 4 people here as of posting this, 1 is grabbing a 5950x. 
    Are you and the other 3 going for the 5950x?
  • gokitty199
    Options
    phat1 said:
    Are you and the other 3 going for the 5950x?
    5900x's
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    Update on Dallas location. Currently 2 people in line 
  • GoldieEsq
    Options
    Anyone waiting in Rockville yet?  The microcenter store there just texted me back and said they were not allowing camping.  I definitely saw that during the 3080/3090 release.
  • Any updates on the Denver location?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99