AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Options

Comments

• mrazzino
    Options
    5900x just dropped off the System Builder... worrisome!
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    mrazzino said:
    The RTXs weren't on the system builder until the day of release, these things are put online as stores get stock, and as discussed prior in this thread most stores only get their stock the day of, so this isn't really a sign of anything, at least not yet.
  • mrazzino
    Options
    mrazzino said:
    The RTXs weren't on the system builder until the day of release, these things are put online as stores get stock, and as discussed prior in this thread most stores only get their stock the day of, so this isn't really a sign of anything, at least not yet.

Good to know. Just weird 5600x and 5800x are still available on system builder, but I guess I'm reading too much into it.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:

Good to know. Just weird 5600x and 5800x are still available on system builder, but I guess I'm reading too much into it.
    My bet is that some shop already got part of their stock and it ended up online since that seems to be how their stock system works.
  • jakernkn said:
    Anybody going to be waiting at the Sharonville location? Was trying to decide when I should get there. I reserved all of Thursday off of work just so I could recover if I have to camp out during the night (which i really don't want to do but i'll do it if i have to). I have the money set aside for the 5950X but it's looking like that will take a miracle to get. So 5900X will be my second choice because I'm sure 12 cores is perfectly fine for video editing and motion graphics. + I got some really fast memory and a nice new NVME. I'm eager to see my performance increase from my 6 year old 4790K build haha. 
    Anyone going up to Sharonville that can keep me posted on turnout? I'm from Louisville and trying to figure out if I can drive up morning of, or if I should bite the bullet and camp out. @jakernkn keep me posted on when you are going up. lol
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Options
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:

Yeah, the system builder isn't supposed to have those parts available for selection since they're not for sale yet. Not sure exactly what caused it but that issue has been corrected as far as I know. Don't worry too much about it, we're still planning on having CPUs available.
  • asd6789
    Options
    TSTonyV said:
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:

Yeah, the system builder isn't supposed to have those parts available for selection since they're not for sale yet. Not sure exactly what caused it but that issue has been corrected as far as I know. Don't worry too much about it, we're still planning on having CPUs available.
    Can you please confirm that MC will be selling 5900x and 5950x on launch day?
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    asd6789 said:
    TSTonyV said:
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:
    mrazzino said:

Can you please confirm that MC will be selling 5900x and 5950x on launch day?
    As based on all the prior answers, the admins won't confirm or deny anything until the official word has come from MC, by which time the main thread will be updated, until then all we can do is hope.

But on another note, it would be incredibly irregular for MC not to have these two CPUs... and as stated by an admin above, the online stock means nothing for the actual stock.
  • AzzyPen
    Options
    I'm going to call them tomorrow before I start camping out in the parking lot of my local MC. This is going to be my first time camping out for a product release. Anyone have any tips for me?
  • asd6789
    Options
    AzzyPen said:
    I'm going to call them tomorrow before I start camping out in the parking lot of my local MC. This is going to be my first time camping out for a product release. Anyone have any tips for me?
    Be nice, make friends, keep 10 ft, and don't get your hopes up.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    AzzyPen said:
    Besides what @asd6789 already said, if you live somewhere cold, take a jacket, and comfy clothes. Also wear a mask, and have fun!
  • DaveR
    Options
    started a comment, but want to delete it, but it won't go away so added this nonsensical sentence, wth?
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    DaveR said:
    started a comment, but want to delete it, but it won't go away so added this nonsensical sentence, wth?
    This is an annoying quirk of the MC forums, you need to leave the page, reload and then you'll see a drafts tab and you can delete it there
  • If I'm trying to get a 3080, would it be smart to avoid the Zen 3 launch on Thursday? Also if you do get 3080's that day will the first person in line be able to get a Zen 3 and a 3080 or would they have to get to the back of the queue for the second item?
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    If I'm trying to get a 3080, would it be smart to avoid the Zen 3 launch on Thursday? Also if you do get 3080's that day will the first person in line be able to get a Zen 3 and a 3080 or would they have to get to the back of the queue for the second item?
    My personal advice, avoid it like the plague, it'll be problematic enough without a mess of the RTXs. BUT I do believe the 1 per household rule will hold for different types of purchases, so you either get one or the other, but it'll be the same line.
  • Just for reference, if it helps anyone. I showed up to the 3090 launch 27 hours ahead of time and I was the 5th person in line. They only received 12 cards. Good luck everyone. Hopefully it will work out for me again.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Just for reference, if it helps anyone. I showed up to the 3090 launch 27 hours ahead of time and I was the 5th person in line. They only received 12 cards. Good luck everyone. Hopefully it will work out for me again.
    Yeah the 3080 was crazy too, but it won't be the same this time, they have more stock, NVIDIA messed up. Plus this depends on where you live, and also the 3090 targets a group of people who are hardcore about getting the hardware. 

Not saying you shouldn't be early, just saying panic isn't necessary, nor is anyone permanently moving to a microcenter ahead of the launch
  • Just for reference, if it helps anyone. I showed up to the 3090 launch 27 hours ahead of time and I was the 5th person in line. They only received 12 cards. Good luck everyone. Hopefully it will work out for me again.
    Yeah the 3080 was crazy too, but it won't be the same this time, they have more stock, NVIDIA messed up. Plus this depends on where you live, and also the 3090 targets a group of people who are hardcore about getting the hardware. 

Not saying you shouldn't be early, just saying panic isn't necessary, nor is anyone permanently moving to a microcenter ahead of the launch
    We have no idea what stock is going to be like and that's why I can't take any chances. Just gonna make sure I get one. I live in a densely populated area. Probably already people lined up in Cali.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Just for reference, if it helps anyone. I showed up to the 3090 launch 27 hours ahead of time and I was the 5th person in line. They only received 12 cards. Good luck everyone. Hopefully it will work out for me again.

We have no idea what stock is going to be like and that's why I can't take any chances. Just gonna make sure I get one. I live in a densely populated area. Probably already people lined up in Cali.
    Well I guess Cali/NY stuff like that is always insane, good luck!
  • MinimalBS
    Options
    Is there a line at the Tustin store yet? I'm guessing it's already started. Remember when you didn't have to fight to give a company a ton of money? Those were the good old days.
  • SomeRandomGuy
    edited November 2020
    Options
    MinimalBS said:
    Is there a line at the Tustin store yet? I'm guessing it's already started. Remember when you didn't have to fight to give a company a ton of money? Those were the good old days.

I hope not, because I was planning to get there around 11-12pm tomorrow
  • CrispyBudder
    Options
    Does anyone know in the last years launch date how many 3950x did micro center get? 

I’m curious cuz I wanna know how many 5950x would each micro center get
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Does anyone know in the last years launch date how many 3950x did micro center get? 

I’m curious cuz I wanna know how many 5950x would each micro center get
    This is gonna be a wildcard until someone currently camping at an MC tells us stock levels
  • I’m heading up to Cambridge in about 4 hrs from now sofar as work permits I was 14th in line for a 3090 and I did not get one. I’m not going to miss out on this one nomatter what.  As far as things go if a 3080 is in stock when I go inside will they be avalible to purchase so I could get a 3080/90 with a 5950/5900x ?
  • Hype isn't as big for the CPU's. I'm first in line in Houston.
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    Hype isn't as big for the CPU's. I'm first in line in Houston.
    This is what I thought... the 3090 is one of a kind... plus there will definitely be more stock for the AMD CPUs
  • mrdoubtfull
    edited November 2020
    Options
    There's like 6 Micro Centers between NY and NJ and I have no idea which one to try lol. Any help? Anyone in NY planning on getting there early? I see a lot of talk about Texas and Cali but nothing up here. I'm sure the City ones like Westbury will be pretty bad?

They're all at least 90 minutes away so I'm trying to figure out now and get there around 5/6am.. I don't think it'll be as bad as the GPU launch but I didn't camp out for that so what do I know.. 
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    There's like 6 Micro Centers between NY and NJ and I have no idea which one to try lol. Any help? Anyone in NY planning on getting there early? I see a lot of talk about Texas and Cali but nothing up here. I'm sure the City ones like Westbury will be pretty bad?

They're all at least 90 minutes away so I'm trying to figure out now and get there around 5/6am.. I don't think it'll be as bad as the GPU launch but I didn't camp out for that so what do I know.. 
    From what I get, most of the NY/NJ MCs were also crazy, so you might want to get there a bit earlier...
  • VitorVicente said:
    From what I get, most of the NY/NJ MCs were also crazy, so you might want to get there a bit earlier...

Damn, it's freezing up here 😕 lol. I would hate to drive 1.5hr there at 5 am and not be able to get one at all but I don't think I can do earlier.. If I don't go earlier than it might as well be a gamble.. 

I'm going to call a couple today and see what they say. I remember Yonkers not being as nice as Paterson or Westbury so hopefully there's less people. I bet the ones with the least traffic also get the worse stock? 

I want anything 5800X and higher so at least I'm not looking for just one SKU..
  • VitorVicente
    Options
    VitorVicente said:

Damn, it's freezing up here 😕 lol. I would hate to drive 1.5hr there at 5 am and not be able to get one at all but I don't think I can do earlier.. If I don't go earlier than it might as well be a gamble.. 

I'm going to call a couple today and see what they say. I remember Yonkers not being as nice as Paterson or Westbury so hopefully there's less people. I bet the ones with the least traffic also get the worse stock? 

I want anything 5800X and higher so at least I'm not looking for just one SKU..
    Yeah.. the Cambridge MC is also gonna see freezing temps (quite literally) throughout the night, and I am not looking forward to it, but yeah...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99