AMD Zen 3/Ryzen 5000 Series Launch Discussion

Comments

• Valdier
    Valdier
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    At the Tustin store, the employees I've talked to are woefully ignorant of what a computer is and/or blatantly lying about things.
    I've spoken with 3 different people:
    1. We are sold out and won't be getting anymore for a while. (after explaining they aren't even released yet, I was informed they have no estimate of when they will get any).
    2. We have no idea how many we will get and they won't arrive in the store until exactly 9am. We aren't under NDA, if we knew we would absolutely tell our customers.
    3. We don't know how many we have, we don't know if we are using wristbands or tickets. Additionally the same person:
          There are people currently lined up.
          There are not people currently lined up.
          We have already allocated all stock.
          We don't know how many we have (how have they allocated all stock then?)
          "We have never given out tickets/wristbands for people in line", they did it for the 30x0 launch.
  • Any word from Westmont, IL
  • Why does this forum only let you post a few times and then your posts need to be approved? We're trying to discuss here. So may not be able to respond here soon. ANYWAY, 6 at Houston now.
  • Lol that sounds accurate. I was at my store like last month and talking to a guy about my PC and said I wanted the 5950x CPU. He was like, "we have that!" And showed me a 5700.
  • yttriumtyclief
    edited November 2020
    3rd in Patterson.. I heard there gonna have a lot. About 20x 5900X. 5950x is unverified. Expected to have a lot of 5800X/5600x.. I heard 80 or so 5800X..
    Planning on going to Patterson for a 5900X. Hopefully the line isn't too bad, will probably arrive around 7am. Willing to go 5800X if need be, though.
  • @mrdoubtfull how many are online with you just 3 coming around midnight if you hear anything about the 5950x please post it up here 
  • Anyone experienced with Rockville? I know that plaza tends to not be okay with camping so im still trying to figure out when to head out.
  • qwertytheasdf
    edited November 2020
    Why does this forum only let you post a few times and then your posts need to be approved? We're trying to discuss here. So may not be able to respond here soon. ANYWAY, 6 at Houston now.
    Hmm, I'm still planning to show up around 8am tomorrow morning. It's a CPU launch so stock will most likely be more than Ampere. There's also 4 SKU's to choose from, and I haven't heard anything about a shortage which tells me that even if stock sells out when I get there, it shouldn't be months before a restock. All in all, I'd be satisfied with anything. 

Also might be sharing the line with 3070/80/90 hunters as well?
  • Planning on going to Patterson for a 5900X. Hopefully the line isn't too bad, will probably arrive around 7am. Willing to go 5800X if need be, though.
    You might be fine but I can't say how many people will be here by then.. I think you'll be able to grab a 5800X pretty easily, though..
    Xkix said:
    @mrdoubtfull how many are online with you just 3 coming around midnight if you hear anything about the 5950x please post it up here 
    The 5950x wasn't in stock at the time the people in front of me got their info (maybe yesterday, guess they know someone) but it's expected to be here for release. Will update! 
  • Valdier said:
    At the Tustin store, the employees I've talked to are woefully ignorant of what a computer is and/or blatantly lying about things.
    I've spoken with 3 different people:
    1. We are sold out and won't be getting anymore for a while. (after explaining they aren't even released yet, I was informed they have no estimate of when they will get any).
    2. We have no idea how many we will get and they won't arrive in the store until exactly 9am. We aren't under NDA, if we knew we would absolutely tell our customers.
    3. We don't know how many we have, we don't know if we are using wristbands or tickets. Additionally the same person:
          There are people currently lined up.
          There are not people currently lined up.
          We have already allocated all stock.
          We don't know how many we have (how have they allocated all stock then?)
          "We have never given out tickets/wristbands for people in line", they did it for the 30x0 launch.
    Wow sounds like they have no idea. Great communication guys. Why would I want to buy with you guys if you guys can't communicate? You would think the store managers would prepare for this kind of thing to get their message straight.
  • @mrdoubtfull you are a hero and a scholar let me know if anything changes 
  • How many 5900x at fairfax? Planning on getting there early am. 
  • TimC said:
    How many 5900x at fairfax? Planning on getting there early am. 
    Someone said that a Fairfax employee indirectly implied 'around ~20' and there are 12-ish people here for 5900x's already
  • Hopefully a 5900x is left at Fairfax in the morning. I'm very surprised by the line this early. Its gonna be cold tonight :neutral:
  • mrazzino said:
    Hopefully a 5900x is left at Fairfax in the morning. I'm very surprised by the line this early. Its gonna be cold tonight :neutral:
    I overestimated a bit, we have a list, 9 people want a 5900x, 4 want a 5950x, so far. But yes, I'm also surprised by the turnout.
  • Those folks who are camping now--can any of you confirm MC will open at regular hours (10am CST for me at Dallas)? I'm shocked there's no word at all as for exactly when and how Zen3 will launch...
  • Jinxy
    Jinxy
    First Comment
    edited November 2020
    I just got here at the Chicago location and I'm the only one waiting right now. However, they wouldn't give me any information on possible stock. All they said was: "we don't know". 
  • Why does this forum only let you post a few times and then your posts need to be approved? We're trying to discuss here. So may not be able to respond here soon. ANYWAY, 6 at Houston now.
    Hmm, I'm still planning to show up around 8am tomorrow morning. It's a CPU launch so stock will most likely be more than Ampere. There's also 4 SKU's to choose from, and I haven't heard anything about a shortage which tells me that even if stock sells out when I get there, it shouldn't be months before a restock. All in all, I'd be satisfied with anything. 

This line is all CPU. They have 4 5900x. Maybe more tomorrow. No 5950's til November 18th.
  • Xkix said:
    @mrdoubtfull you are a hero and a scholar let me know if anything changes 
    5 here. 3 more coming. Shipment confirmed before morning. 
  • @icefox I’m pretty sure they will open at their normal hours since they did the same thing with the gpu launches
  • Anyone else worried about protests? was thinking about going to Paterson but don't know how safe it'll be...
  • Andyroo said:
    Anyone else worried about protests? was thinking about going to Paterson but don't know how safe it'll be...
    5 here now. 3 more coming (they stopped by to see what's up). No protests yet. Everyone is friendly so far so don't worry.. 
  • Andyroo said:
    Anyone else worried about protests? was thinking about going to Paterson but don't know how safe it'll be...
    5 here now. 3 more coming (they stopped by to see what's up). No protests yet. Everyone is friendly so far so don't worry.. 

ill see you folks at 5am ish, stay safe out there!

This line is all CPU. They have 4 5900x. Maybe more tomorrow. No 5950's til November 18th.
    This is not true. The 5950x launches November 5th, and many stores have already confirmed alot of them.
  • Anyone have any pictures of the lines and campouts going? 

Its inspirational
  • @mrdoubtfull did they say how many in the shipment if it’s low I’ll come around ten then or should I come sooner? 
  • any chance of me dropping by in the morning at fairfax and getting an R7 5800x
  • Anyone know if there is a line started at the Denver store?
  • Xkix said:
    @mrdoubtfull did they say how many in the shipment if it’s low I’ll come around ten then or should I come sooner? 
    There's nearly 10 people here now. I would come sooner than later lol. They have no idea on how many for the shipment. Might be just the 5950x, could be 50x of each.. The first 3 SKUs were already here but there might be more of everything coming. 
  • Anyone have a status on the Yonkers store? I'm like 90 minutes out but can't leave my house until like 5:30, putting me there at 7:00am earliest. I don't want to drive all that way if there's a massive crowd camping.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99