RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• Chasemm18 said:
    For those going to the Tustin store I will update when I arrive at the store with what the situation is like next week.
    thanks, appreciate it.
  • Chasemm18 said:
    Well people interested in Tustin...apparently there are already 30+ people lined up according to the Nvidia discord...people literally waiting a week for Thursday’s launch...I guess it’s a waste of time for me to try and go 
    Any proof of that? That seems a bit much. Could be people just saying that to scare off others.
  • Hmmm the selection of 3080's on Microcenters online store keeps shrinking. At launch there were seven different results. Then a short while later six. Now there are only three. That doesn't seem to bode well for future stock.
  • So I was, unfortunately one of the people who camped out for 14 hours at the Tustin store for a 3080, (they had 85 cards) only to be the 86th person in line ; (. If they already have people waiting a week in advance for a 3090 I’m screwed. I was planning to go at 3PM the day before (Wednesday the 23rd) but holy s**t man.
  • Chasemm18 said:
    Well people interested in Tustin...apparently there are already 30+ people lined up according to the Nvidia discord...people literally waiting a week for Thursday’s launch...I guess it’s a waste of time for me to try and go 
    That is pure insanity.......     That cant be true....
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Will you have TUF series cards for the 3090 like how you did for the 3080? I really hope so because EKWB is making a WB for them.
  • Chasemm18 said:
    photographic proof?
  • Will you have TUF series cards for the 3090 like how you did for the 3080? I really hope so because EKWB is making a WB for them.
    Do you think EKWB will make blocks for MSI and EVGA too? I was kinda curious about that
  • YoshiMoshi
    YoshiMoshi ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    Will you have TUF series cards for the 3090 like how you did for the 3080? I really hope so because EKWB is making a WB for them.
    Do you think EKWB will make blocks for MSI and EVGA too? I was kinda curious about that
    I sent them an email asking them if they plan on releasing water blocks for other models and am waiting for a response. So far this is all I have so far. In my opinion the FE cards would be the best, because would take up less space because of the smaller PCB, but it probably won't be until next year before anyone other than a bot can get one of those. I'm not waiting until next year to get a FE, because I want to play cyberpunk 2077 on a 3090 which releases in November. Most microcenters had TUF series 3080 cards. So I'm really really hoping they will have 3090 TUF series cards. The other cards that EKWB has blocks for, are some vendors that I have never heard of before. Seems like there's the reference PCB that all vendors that I have never heard of before. All the major companies like Zotac Asus etc are using some other PCB design that is not reference design apparently. Or perhaps they are just placing components in different locations.

EKWB
    EKWB said blocks where coming for the following models (source = EKWB email advertisement on 9/16)
    3080 FE
    3090 FE
    3080 TUF series
    3090 TUF series 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832462
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 24G Gaming
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10G Gaming
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10G Gaming OC
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 24G Gaming OC 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832196
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix GS
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix GS
    Galax GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 EX Gamer
    Galax GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 EX Gamer
    KFA2 KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB (38NWM3MD99NK)
    KFA2 KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro (NED3080019IA-132AA)
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro (NED3090019SB-132BA)
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC (NED3090S19SB-132BA)
    PNY PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG308010TFXPPB)
    PNY PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG309024TFXPPB)

Bykski
    https://www.bykski.us/collections/gtx-rtx-3080-3090/products/bykski-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-for-rtx-3080-3090-founders-edition
    3080 FE
    3090 FE
  • Chasemm18 said:
    Everyday is like that at the Tustin store. It’s not for the 3090. 
  • Anyone camping the westmont IL store the 23rd? Need a bathroom break partner. 
    I'll be there, I will probably coming very early morning though like around 3:30am.  I was there for the 3080 launch, but unfortunately didn't come come early enough.
  • Will you have TUF series cards for the 3090 like how you did for the 3080? I really hope so because EKWB is making a WB for them.
    I sent them an email asking them if they plan on releasing water blocks for other models and am waiting for a response. So far this is all I have so far. In my opinion the FE cards would be the best, because would take up less space because of the smaller PCB, but it probably won't be until next year before anyone other than a bot can get one of those. I'm not waiting until next year to get a FE, because I want to play cyberpunk 2077 on a 3090 which releases in November. Most microcenters had TUF series 3080 cards. So I'm really really hoping they will have 3090 TUF series cards. The other cards that EKWB has blocks for, are some vendors that I have never heard of before. Seems like there's the reference PCB that all vendors that I have never heard of before. All the major companies like Zotac Asus etc are using some other PCB design that is not reference design apparently. Or perhaps they are just placing components in different locations.

EKWB
    EKWB said blocks where coming for the following models (source = EKWB email advertisement on 9/16)
    3080 FE
    3090 FE
    3080 TUF series
    3090 TUF series 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832462
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 24G Gaming
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10G Gaming
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 10G Gaming OC
    ASUS ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3090 24G Gaming OC 

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109832196
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix GS
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix
    Gainward Gainward GeForce RTX 3090 Phoenix GS
    Galax GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 EX Gamer
    Galax GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 EX Gamer
    KFA2 KFA2 GeForce RTX 3080 SG 10GB (38NWM3MD99NK)
    KFA2 KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 24GB
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3080 GamingPro (NED3080019IA-132AA)
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro (NED3090019SB-132BA)
    Palit Palit GeForce RTX 3090 GamingPro OC (NED3090S19SB-132BA)
    PNY PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG308010TFXPPB)
    PNY PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition (VCG309024TFXPPB)

Bykski
    https://www.bykski.us/collections/gtx-rtx-3080-3090/products/bykski-full-coverage-gpu-water-block-for-rtx-3080-3090-founders-edition
    3080 FE
    3090 FE
    I emailed ekwb and I got a response about water blocks for MSI and EVGA. They said at this point they are not sure if they will be making them. It will depend on the demand that It will have so if majority of people want it, they will make it.
  • Also ekwb have added MSI to their coming soon compatibility list 🙏🏾
  • LouL said:
    Anyone camping the westmont IL store the 23rd? Need a bathroom break partner. 
    I'll be there, I will probably coming very early morning though like around 3:30am.  I was there for the 3080 launch, but unfortunately didn't come come early enough.
    I am hearing not impressive performance numbers so waiting for reviews. But if i do go it will be probably be 10pmish. 
  • Found a picture of what the vouchers look like, if anyone was curious
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    Hmmm the selection of 3080's on Microcenters online store keeps shrinking. At launch there were seven different results. Then a short while later six. Now there are only three. That doesn't seem to bode well for future stock.
    I've been told that there have been some inconsistencies/inaccuracies regarding 3080 inventory online at the moment and that what you see (or don't see) on the website may not reflect what's physically available in-store and we've been referring people directly to their local store for inventory. I don't know exactly when this will resolved
  • Hey all! For everyone asking for proof, sadly I don’t have any, I was just passing along something someone said in the Nvidia discord, I hope it is just to deter people from lining up but the way it was just thrown into the chat made it seem like this person was airing their own frustration with it. @Junkie that was my plan too! I was gonna have my friend who is going to be working in the area on Tuesday , scout out the store and snap a pic of how bad it is, if it is just a rumor I’d happily be your line buddy! Hold your spot while you use the bathroom etc. I have a feeling I’m gonna need to get there earlier though, probably at 12pm if you waited 14 with no luck. 
  • Chasemm18 said:
    Hey all! For everyone asking for proof, sadly I don’t have any, I was just passing along something someone said in the Nvidia discord, I hope it is just to deter people from lining up but the way it was just thrown into the chat made it seem like this person was airing their own frustration with it. @Junkie that was my plan too! I was gonna have my friend who is going to be working in the area on Tuesday , scout out the store and snap a pic of how bad it is, if it is just a rumor I’d happily be your line buddy! Hold your spot while you use the bathroom etc. I have a feeling I’m gonna need to get there earlier though, probably at 12pm if you waited 14 with no luck. 
    Thank you fir the offer, I really appreciate it, it’s most likely something they are telling people to deter them from going... Hopefully. I’ll probably set up around 12-3pm ish. I hope to see you there!
  • Junkie said:
    Chasemm18 said:
    Hey all! For everyone asking for proof, sadly I don’t have any, I was just passing along something someone said in the Nvidia discord, I hope it is just to deter people from lining up but the way it was just thrown into the chat made it seem like this person was airing their own frustration with it. @Junkie that was my plan too! I was gonna have my friend who is going to be working in the area on Tuesday , scout out the store and snap a pic of how bad it is, if it is just a rumor I’d happily be your line buddy! Hold your spot while you use the bathroom etc. I have a feeling I’m gonna need to get there earlier though, probably at 12pm if you waited 14 with no luck. 
    Thank you fir the offer, I really appreciate it, it’s most likely something they are telling people to deter them from going... Hopefully. I’ll probably set up around 12-3pm ish. I hope to see you there!
    Your going to get there mid day to 3 pm on Wednesday? And wait 22 hours in line? Lol
  • @GLuE that’s more reassuring! Thank you! And @YoshiMoshi I know...we are nuts, but after the 3080 craziness I don’t want to risk it haha can’t wait to finish dune on audible haha
  • Chasemm18 said:
    @GLuE that’s more reassuring! Thank you! And @YoshiMoshi I know...we are nuts, but after the 3080 craziness I don’t want to risk it haha can’t wait to finish dune on audible haha
    What store are you doing? I'm doing cambridge massachusetts? Allegedly there are people in line already at some locations in line in tents lol see above posts
  • Tustin here , fingers crossed , I need that 3090
  • Chasemm18 said:
    Tustin here , fingers crossed , I need that 3090
    There's already people at that store in tents outside according to posts above. Do you live nearby? If so and it's true, can you take a picture
  • I have someone cruising by mon/Tuesday I’ll have them take a pic, I’m up in LA , otherwise I would, but I’m planning on going Wednesday at 12pm
  • elcid_777 said:
    There’s nothing illegal about paying someone to stand in line for you. I’ve never done that, but I have thought about it at times. But it’s definitely not illegal. 
    I dont believe I said it was??? what I did say is that legal measures should be in place to prevent scalpers or discourage them at least. 
    My apologies, I misunderstood. Fuck scalpers. 
  • clementk said:
    just wanted to mention the Houston store only handed out the vouchers just before the store opened. and the only people that got them were there since around 8PM and earlier on Wednesday. GL with the 3090 sounds like the stock will be less then 3080 and if you want a 3070 GL will be waiting in line for long time
    How many did Houston end up having? 
  • I might as well just wait till they restock. Hopefully the prices don’t fly by the time they restocked 
  • I’m glad I don’t have to deal with all of this. I can just upgrade my 2080 TI with the step up program because it’s under 90 days. This is madness! 
  • There hasn't been any photographic proof of people lining up already at any locations. Would it surprise me? Not at all, but I'm not going to believe it until I see it. For now it just seems like a deterring strategy, by others.
  • There hasn't been any photographic proof of people lining up already at any locations. Would it surprise me? Not at all, but I'm not going to believe it until I see it. For now it just seems like a deterring strategy, by others.
    If it's true, then I'm never going to get one ever

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99