RTX 3000 Series Micro Center Discussion & FAQ!

Comments

• I just really want to get my hand on 2 3090s for my sli. That’s why I wanna know if I get my gf to come buy another one because of the 1 per household is it still possible to get it or do they only give 1 per address?
    One per person so you can get two
  • So let' say I'm like 5th in line and I get a voucher. I'm guessing they only let a certain amount of people into the store at a time right?So assuming they let those first five people in first was it just a mad race to get the card you wanted? Or was it more of a "Okay this guy was number one so he gets first pick, now number two gets to pick" and so forth?
    The latter
  • Buying two 3090s is overkill you be better spending the extra money on VR system or better CPU or bigger SSD.
  • Anyone knows when microcenter could get the 3080s back in stock or should I just visit everyday

• General rule of thumb would be the start and end of the work week.
  • What time should I get there for 3090 for cambridge massachusetts
  • What time should I get there for 3090 for cambridge massachusetts
    Tbh I would be there at 3Am if I was you. Cuz from what I heard from people that got the 3080 in Dallas location, they started lining up at 4am
  • Chasemm18
    Chasemm18 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2020
    I would love to get some clarification from a Micro Center employee as to whether or not vouchers will be given the night before the 3090 launch, on the 23rd, or on the 24th in the morning, I would much rather arrive the day before and get a voucher and come back in the morning than stay through the night in their parking lot waiting if I don’t have to haha 
  • Chasemm18 said:
    I would love to get some clarification from a Micro Center employee as to whether or not vouchers will be given the night before the 3090 launch, on the 23rd, or on the 24th in the morning, I would much rather arrive the day before and get a voucher and come back in the morning than stay through the night in their parking lot waiting if I don’t have to haha 
    Each store appears to be different unfortunately. The safe but long bet would be to get there a few hours before close on Wednesday. 
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer
    edited September 2020
    Chasemm18 said:
    Stores handled the vouchers a little differently depending on the specific location, so it's difficult for any of us to say. That said, I'm pretty sure our inventory for the 3090 will be EVEN MORE limited than the 3080s so you'll want to plan around that. I won't be able to confirm individual stock at each location, but I'll see if we might be able to get an estimate of what kind of anticipate. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    Chasemm18 said:
    Stores handled the vouchers a little differently depending on the specific location, so it's difficult for any of us to say. That said, I'm pretty sure our inventory for the 3090 will be EVEN MORE limited than the 3080s so you'll want to plan around that. I won't be able to confirm individual stock at each location, but I'll see if we might be able to get an estimate of what kind of anticipate. 
    God damn really? Already a bad sign. :-/
  • TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    TSTonyV said:
    Chasemm18 said:
    God damn really? Already a bad sign. :-/
    Yeah, the 3090 was always going to be a smaller volume card from NVIDIA given the price, just like the Titan cards. Not as many people will buy them, even with how they've changed the marketing on it. 

Given how this release has already played out, I think people need to REALLY temper their expectations on how many of these cards will hit shelves on launch day. 
  • I will be heading to my local microcenter wed 23rd and asking ALOT of questions.   I want a 3090 in my hands on the 24th or im going to be very pissed off lol.    
  • I will be heading to my local microcenter wed 23rd and asking ALOT of questions.   I want a 3090 in my hands on the 24th or im going to be very pissed off lol.    
    Well if you live on the East or West coast I'd get there pretty early
  • Thanks Duff, looks like it’s gonna be a loooooong day haha but worth it if I can get my hands on any AIB 3090
  • just wanted to mention the Houston store only handed out the vouchers just before the store opened. and the only people that got them were there since around 8PM and earlier on Wednesday. GL with the 3090 sounds like the stock will be less then 3080 and if you want a 3070 GL will be waiting in line for long time
  • Duff2087 said:
    I will be heading to my local microcenter wed 23rd and asking ALOT of questions.   I want a 3090 in my hands on the 24th or im going to be very pissed off lol.    
    Well if you live on the East or West coast I'd get there pretty early
    Im actually mid west.  St louis MO  Brentwood microcenter location.    Its about a 20-25 minute drive from me.   I will be showing up VERY early to get this card and i hope they even have them day 1.     
  • Sorry to those who bought 3080 there will be a 3080 20gb model confirmed today, lmao.

• I don't think anyone is surprised by that. It was pretty much a given.
  • Nothing leaks on accident these days. Even Apple product wise.. gigabyte probably got told they could by nvidia to try to ease the amount of scalpers on the 3080 10GB.
  • Anyone else planning on being at the Denver store for the 3090 launch?
  • Anyone camping at the Minneapolis store tonight?
  • Fyi to anyone wanting to get a 3090 from the Paterson store you need to show up at like 5pm the day before. By close Wednesday they already had like 10 people in line and by 12am 20+. Given talk about the 3090 being even more limited if your not in line well before 10pm close I guess you aren't getting a card.

• TSTonyV
    TSTonyV ✭✭✭✭✭
    CobraKai said:
    Sorry to those who bought 3080 there will be a 3080 20gb model confirmed today, lmao.

I think this was expected, but people overestimate how much VRAM you need just for gaming. 10GB is still plenty of VRAM even at 4K and we'll likely see a large price bump on the higher-ram variants. I wouldn't be surprised if the 20GB 3080 was $150-200 more expensive, GDDR6X isn't cheap. 

That said, if you're somebody doing VRAM intensive work a 16GB 3070 could be a really compelling value option if it's priced cheaper than the base model 3080. 
  • TSTonyV said:
    CobraKai said:
    Sorry to those who bought 3080 there will be a 3080 20gb model confirmed today, lmao.

I think this was expected, but people overestimate how much VRAM you need just for gaming. 10GB is still plenty of VRAM even at 4K and we'll likely see a large price bump on the higher-ram variants. I wouldn't be surprised if the 20GB 3080 was $150-200 more expensive, GDDR6X isn't cheap. 

That said, if you're somebody doing VRAM intensive work a 16GB 3070 could be a really compelling value option if it's priced cheaper than the base model 3080. 
    Exactly, 16GB is the sweet spot so the 3080 20GB models will be ideal for the majority of people.
  • people post here as soon as there's a line for the 3090 please
  • For those going to the Tustin store I will update when I arrive at the store with what the situation is like next week.
  • Anyone in NYC going to be camping out in either Brooklyn or Flushing store for the 3090?  I'd like to join!  I wanna upgrade my gtx 1080. 
  • Anyone camping the westmont IL store the 23rd? Need a bathroom break partner. 
  • Well people interested in Tustin...apparently there are already 30+ people lined up according to the Nvidia discord...people literally waiting a week for Thursday’s launch...I guess it’s a waste of time for me to try and go 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

We love seeing what our customers build

Submit photos and a description of your PC to our build showcase

Submit Now
Looking for a little inspiration?

See other custom PC builds and get some ideas for what can be done

View Build Showcase

SAME DAY CUSTOM BUILD SERVICE

If You Can Dream it, We Can Build it.

Services starting at $149.99